MasterChef Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Top 9 Compete

amaryllis88

[1]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 20

Welcome to a new episode of MasterChef! This episode airs Tuesday, July 26 at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central on FOX.

Discuss & Enjoy!

**Edited to add the date change due to the presidential address.

Edited on 07/25/2011 9:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

layle1

[2]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 72
    Due to President Obama's scheduled Address to the Nation at 9pm ET/6pm PT, an encore episode of MasterChef will air instead of the new episode. All-new episodes resume tomorrow night at the regular time.

Edward_Nigma

[3]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 54
    Hah talk about JUST in time -- I was about to be real upset in two minutes! And I had friends coming tonight to watch too...good thing they switched to tomorrow! Thanks for the heads-up layle.

amaryllis88

[4]Jul 25, 2011

Thank you so much layle1 for getting on here and posting that!!

I was getting frustrated because every time I tried to log in, Ikept getting an error message.

Edited on 07/25/2011 9:58pm

Edward_Nigma

[5]Jul 27, 2011
    Noooo Alejandra!!! Ugh but I knew she'd be gone after she served raw meat -- how could she not see that?!

drudager

[6]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 13

Uh, anyone noticing the lack of airtime from Tracy? She's never in any challenges or eliminations. It's like she's coasting along & the judges almost never taste her dishes, or at least us seeing that. And yeah Edward Nigma... serving raw pork: automatic dismissal. Adrien ended up taking down his friends ironically. There's some serious ringers in this competition. He's probably better than the worst, but not the best.

Edited on 07/28/2011 7:47am

amaryllis88

[7]Jul 28, 2011
    I'm surprised she didn't notice that right away! I figured serving something raw would be right up there in first impressions of something you take out of the oven. Maybe it is the thermometer's fault, as she claims, but you'd think that's something you see when you slice it like she did. I really liked Alejandra, I was hoping she'd go all the way.

Way to go Ben with his seared scallops and bananas, whodda thunk his dish would've made it to the top 3 in a Mystery box challenge?! I'm sure he was as surprised as ever, especially in the elimination round when Joe actually liked his chili. lol Loved watching his expression on his face.

The judges were pretty brutal tonight, but I can see how they'd expect more from them, especially Jennifer, what was that patty she served, really? I would've thought serving a patty the way she did on that dish looked abysmal to say the least. And Suzy's clump of a mess, trying out German cuisine, when she had no clue.

As drudager mentioned, I hardly see Tracy's dish being tasted or looked at anymore, I wonder if it's just poor editing? There were less of them in this competition, I don't know why they couldn't have shown hers as well as all the others.

Edward_Nigma

[8]Aug 2, 2011
    Yeah, Tracy was non-existent in this episode! Haha. I remember that Jennifer served them raw food at one point though, and that didn't get her kicked off...maybe that's because it was earlier in the competition?

amaryllis88

[9]Aug 3, 2011
    Maybe at this point in the competition they have a higher standard for their cooking techniques, skills, aptitude than before. Sad to see her go though, maybe the judges thought it was her time to go? It wasn't as if she was serving up bad dishes either, most of her dishes were pretty awesome, and were highly praised by all three of them.