MasterChef

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 29, 2010 In Season

neomichel

MasterChef Fan Reviews (129)

6.6
  • Myname

Wondering about hair restraint in the kitchen. Teaching bad habits
  • A disappointed fan

Watching tonight's masterchef and was disappointed disgusted to see contestant James mix his puree', tasted it and put the spoon back in the bowl of mixture and this disgusting action went unnoticed by both Greg and John. VERY DISAPPOINTED/DISGUSTED!!!!!
  • Masterchef

This show is so unfair. The cooks are not judged by their ability. How many years has this happened. I am so done. Kate was consistently the best cook. Dino won because of who he is - it's all about drama. Welcome to present day life. Why is Gordon Ramsey allowed to curse on TV. Not funny.
  • Turn off

My main complaint is the loud overbearing music. Can't understand a word while it plays some ridiculous tune. I've noticed a lot of shows have loud music which drowns out what is said. Don't watch them. Also, how on earth do they decide who the winner is. Some of the worst cooks go to the balcony while some of the other cooks who have better dishes go home. Beginning to think the hosts play favorites.
  • show is all "fiction"

i stop watching masterchef when terry from season 7 got eliminated coz IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE he deserve to be on the top three atleast sending the best chef home after one mistake when others have made plenty like nathan can fuck up left and right and still be on the show!!!! and david in the finale??? coz his attitude is "entertaining" FUCK THAT IM SO MAD. Ben Starr from season 3 wrote on his blog couple years ago how masterchef is all just "fiction" read it you'll never watch masterchef ever here's the link 2013/05/22/guest-post-ben-starr-how-to-watch-a-masterchef-premierefrom-a-masterchef-survivor/
  • The RELENTLESS Mood Music

You are ruining my viewer experience by the CONSTANT, annoying music that you use to 'create a mood'. I'm to the point where I can no longer stand it and the show is history for me. We the people don't need someone to create excitement no matter what your PR/marketing gurus think of our intelligence. Just give a BREAK is it's volume and relentlessness. Seriously ruined the show.
  • Fake Tears

Fed up he stupid Lesbian females that hug each other all the time and put on the crocodile tears. It is only a cooking show not the end of the world. Some of the food you would not even serve to a dog it looks so horrible.
  • Impeach Christina!

I really have tried to get used to Christina. She is irritating, has no personality and adds nothing at all interesting to the mix of judges. Unless they bring back Graham and Joe, this is my last season of watching MasterChef.

Anyone have any ideas of how we can make the network listen to us?
  • Shocked and Appalled

I could hardly believe it as I watched Gordon Ramsey running after David and kissing his rear end - begging him to come back. What about the "RULES" that got a promising young chef ejected over a three second error in timing?! How arbitrary can you get?! As Chef Ramsey so often says, DAMN!"
  • Has Gordon Ramsey lost his mind

I have watched Master Chef every season since it has started and I have to say this will be my last season. I can not believe that with the attitude that David portrayed this season and Gordon Ramsey chasing after him begging him to return to the kitchen, and then letting Dan go at the end of the challenge. Then the next episode where David competes against Tenoria, and David leaves something off each plate for the challenge and not just one item but numerous, Tenoria had perfect plating of each dish, yes her pork tenderloin was rare, but the judging should have been for the overall dish, again David is safe and again David had an attitude the entire show. If this is the type of person Gordon Ramsey wants to promote as a Master Chef I am done this year with the show. It is sad that good cooks and good attitudes were sent home to save David each and every time.
  • Seriously?

I've been watching Master Chef for years and it's one of my favorites. I love the creativity of the challenges and I love connecting to home cooks that have a true passion for bettering themselves, as well as their families. To watch David advance and see Dan sent home has left me shocked, upset, outraged, and disheartened. What the hell? David has been difficult to watch for pretty much the whole season now, but especially the last several episodes. The episode where he throws the champagne bottle and Christina tells him that his display of anger would get him thrown out of any kitchen and to not send him home then was already ridiculous, but hey, it's a second chance, so get your shit together. I can go with that. But to watch him cuss out another competitor, take his apron off, give up, and walk out of the kitchen only to be persuaded to come back and to be told by fucking Gordon Ramsey that he has respect for him and to not give up. Are you kidding me? At that point I knew that he would go to the top 4. To see Gordon yell at so many home cooks throughout the seasons and to have such a high regard for respect in the kitchen and then to watch him treat David in such a forgiving and helpful manner. I mean, did David offer him a few million from his poker winnings? Come on. What the fuck did this show get in order for David to advance? I am more than sad to say that I am no longer going to watch this show. I can't allow myself to support something that goes against everything I believe in. There's a difference in not liking the winner because they're just not your cup of tea and then there's David. Someone who was given multiple chances and still all he can do is whine, cry, and look like a serial killer. They give this douche a ton of chances. Nope. I've absolutely had it. You can't send that kind of message out. I have no respect for Gordon Ramsey anymore and he should be ashamed and embarrassed for supporting someone with absolutely no conviction and sending truly passionate and wonderful home cooks home. Good bye Master Chef.
  • Good TV that has become terrible

After watching this episode, I am finally fed-up with Ramsey and his co-hosts. He runs after David who throws another tantrum and then keeps him on the show and sends Dan home. What message is he trying to send? David may be a good cook but he does not have the attitude of a winner. I decided to give this show another chance when they gave a prior award to Claudia who was not the best on that show either. At least she was a decent cook who acted like a grown-up.

I will never watch this show again. This could be one of the premiere cooking shows on television, but they have made it a joke. To leave a childish, tantrum throwing poker player on the show after he has repeatedly shown his immaturity is absurd. I wonder who is running FOX. You continue to cancel good programming . Master Chef and Ramsey need to be shown the door. The man is a fool who may know how to cook, but has the sense and personality of a junkyard dog, not only on this show, but on all of his programs..

Goodbye and good riddance. I have lost all respect for FOX and its programming.
  • I'm done & I hate it

The special treatment David received last night after his total lack of respect for what a competition is all about, is simply WRONG! What kind of message does this send to his daughter? You can act like a big baby, cus out your fellow competitors, quit & walk out... and Gordon (of all people) will let you back in the competition?? This is not fair on any level, and I'm SO sad to say that I will never watch this show again. I hate it, because it's one of my favorite shows. I wish there was a way to comment directly to the producers & Fox.
  • Dissapointed on so many levels

The judges (especially christina) pick favorites and everyone else they will find the smallest excuse to go home. Christina picks on people she doesnt like. This show either needs to fix the judging or I will not be tuning in next season.
  • that wasnt right on every level

Tenoria should never have been sent home. Her meals were complete not like David's. If she didn't have to make all the sauces she could have focused more on the pork. You let David get away with whatever he does. Not a class act for a masterchef. Before the challenge started you should have specified that the pork would be the only thing that was being judged, not the plating, sauces or detail in the dishes that were shown.
  • Brutal

Will never watch this show again. Replication challenge ,,,not get lucky with cooking pork challenge. Tinorria's dishes were almost perfectly done and is twice the chef of the baby whiner David. Nice example you set for young people and aspiring chefs watching your show chef Ramsey. Favouritism at its finest. Good bye Masterchef I'm done with you and I know I'm not alone. Pathetic.
  • Sad and Shameful

Really lost a lot of respect for this show how can you let David into the finals with the way he acted tonight just not fair especially to the young lady that lost. Come on Ramsey you are so much better than this will not watch final I think its already been decided David will win a disgrace
  • Masterchef Not

Are you EFFING kidding me! The so called home cook David has been babied, not once but twice, by chef Ramsey. Ramsey, how the hell can you justify putting up with his crap and give up blame others attitude, while another cook that has never given up is sent walking.

Ramsey Outrageous and Shameful
  • Predictable judges favorites as usual

Pretty clear to me from the start that Shaun will win. It's like they purposely chose a couple of "home" chefs (yeah right) who have obviously had professional experience or training because they stand so far apart from everyone AND they seem to know way too many fancy techniques that no home chef would ever know. Every year I can spot the winner within the first few episodes.

Christine either tries too hard to be phony sweet or over the top yet equally phony, mean. Then there is Katie who is prob the biggest a** kisser in front of Ramsey and in her behind the scenes dialogue and the Brandi comes across arrogant and waaayy too excited. I have nothing against any of them though because you can tell they are all coached to act a certain way is all I am trying to point out.

The kids version of Materchef is even worse in all of the above. Last year the winner - from day 1 - I cld tell that the baseball cap worn backwards was just another producer's gimmick to try to make the kids look cutesy. Every year on both shows they choose the same varies personalities whether real of coached idk. One of each: an aggressive or rude one, a cocky one, 1 shy, quite a few physically attractive (most good home cooks I know are a tad overweight and older than these yearly casts, which screams biased and discriminating). I am dinging myself watching the show less and less and usually only cz there is nothing else on.
  • Annoying and Unlikeabke both judges and contestants...

Hey

I've liked all the previous seasons one less than the other and perhaps due to their new judging format and their poor casting choices. It's been so hard to watch any of those episode.

1. Sean - probably the only competent one left

2. Dan - surprising Im not usually into frat boy turns cook but he's becoming more ediqute and likable as season goes.

3. Tanodori - pretty solider chef love to see more talents

4. David - what a douche!

5. Brandi - stop attaching yourself w your home base and touch herself with fan base already

6. Katie - definitely feeling the whole self pity beside the dishes.

7. Zachery - the most incompetent kid with whole lot of drama. So annoying/painful to watch.

Chefs?

First of all, it doesn't matter how talented they are whether hosts or guests, due to the formats. Nobody wants to listen to them and there seems to be less and less connections w one and another. They either need to go back to 3 or 2 stronger and more chemistry then an angry English perfectionist and ice desert queen of tv. You can't have two hard on hard judges wo any buffer. It's rough.

I'm gonna have a hard time finishing the whole season. Come on guys! Do better shows.
  • I'm done watching Gordon Ramsay

Claudia is the MexicanChef NOT Masterchef . She's not even in the same league as Derrick. What a shame. They lost a viewer forever with this disgusting and shameful pick of Claudia over Derrick.
  • Derrick was screwed over

Derrick: highly original and visionary throughout the entire season, great leadership skills, put recipes together that even other professional chefs were amazed by, most people (even great cooks) could not replicate his recipes, stood up well under pressure, did an extraordinary job in the finale creating highly original dishes I'd never seen done that way and put unusual flavors together that worked, took big risks that worked, especially in the finale, created dishes from a wide variety of cuisines. When the winner was to be announced, he actually looked like he wasn't sure who might win. Rested only on his skills as a chef to win.

Claudia: cooked Mexican food 98% of the time, unoriginal (any half decent cook can make good Mexican food), didn't handle pressure well most of the time, showed poor leadership skills, did "one trick pony" Mexican dishes and pretty much stayed in her safe zone, while previous season chefs told a girl from India that she had to stop being one dimensional and have a wider level of culinary skills than just Indian food and create dishes for other cuisines. Before the name of the winner was announced, stood with a big smile on her face without a hint of worry that she might not win. Played heavy on the "poor single mother" bit and yelled out "I'm the first LATINA Masterchef!"

This is what the differences was in this season. In the past, it was someone like Derrick who would have been chosen. This year, someone who was good in a certain style of cooking would not have won. In the past, three remaining chefs would have competed, then one was sent home. This year, one (Derrick) was chosen, then Steven had to compete again against Claudia to see which of them would compete with Derrick. Never done before. Of course, Steven was also screwed over, but at least Ramsay told him he would make his dream come true by financing his restaurant. Derrick got no such promise. What else was different this year? What's her name, of whom I've never heard. She told Claudia when to take out her cake in the season and helped her when she shouldn't have. She seems very biased toward women, a cheater, and she seems to have Gordon and Elliot by the groin.

I have always watched Masterchef, as it has been one of my favorite shows. I will not tune in anymore. Why? Because this show has taken a sharp turn to political correctness. Like anything PC, it is now utterly predictable. It's bad enough that Claudia won, but for Derrick to not be offered an opportunity to be helped having his own restaurant is a double injustice. Oh, and I am a woman, so don't accuse me of misogyny.
  • TOP THREE: NICK, DERRICK, AND STEPHEN

Nick should have won the Cake contest. His cake looked beautiful without anyone coming to his aid. Claudia's cake looked like a train wreck and Christina was assisting her. When Christina made the comment something was in Nicks cake, it became obvious the outcome was rigged. I don't want to watch cakes being baked and don't care for Christina. Where is Joe??? FOX should really investigate this.
  • REALLY?????Claudia?????

The final episode of MasterChef was disheartening to say the least. Although we could not taste Derrick's food, the judges did not have one negative thing to say about it and it looked beautiful, leading us to believe he was clearly the winner. Yet Claudia wins? Stephen is offered a food partnership with Gordon Ramsey and Derrick gets a pat on the back good job. I am totally done with this show, what a shame for Derrick obviously the better and stronger competitor throughout the whole series! Congratulations Derrick you were clearly the real winner in my books!
  • What the heck were you thinking?

Where in the world did you all think that Claudia was a better chef than Derek, have you lost your minds? During the whole competition Derek proved he was a better chef and had the leadership. At the final night he out did Claudia every way possible. When Gordon called out Claudia's name as the winner I was floored. But then again I kinda expected it, I think you played on the fact she was Mexican and a woman, I think you wanted to show that a minority could win. What a joke, being from Oklahoma and Texas let me assure you that any little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant serves the same food she did, but then again you judges are not use to little hole in the walls, you are just use to fine dining and can't think outside your comfort zone. Shame on all of you, I loved this show, but I will not be watching it anymore after the way you all cheated Derek out of the win. Did it occur to the three of you that maybe, just maybe Derek too was trying to better his life, some people don't discuss their private lives on national television. Oh yes Claudia wanted to start a life for her daughter, her family and herself so let's all pile to America and do it, let's all leave Mexico come to America with an attitude of "I'm Mexican, and I want to take everything America has because I'm entitled to it". Like I said I will not be watching your show anymore. If Joe had been there maybe things would have been different.
  • big mistake

Why is there so much favoritism to Shelley, the worst cook and makes soooo many mistakes. Is this Masterchef contest fixed? Sara should not have been eliminated when Shelley made such a horrible dish last night that Gordon couldn't even try it . This appears to be favoritism for someone with a big sob story instead of a cooking contest.

Sara also said the truth, the best cook is DERRICK!!!
  • Change the channel

In the past I have loved this show but I change the channel and watch ANYTHING else. The judges display despicable manners, horrible language but most of all take away potential growth of cooks perusing a career in the culinary field. If you want entertainment watch Masterchef Austrailia - those judges have class!
  • Rigged

OK so two seasons ago a blind girl against all odds wins the show to win the hearts of America, last season a young Italian man who wasn't even good enough to make the previous season wins a spot on the show only to struggle and seemingly fail only to come from behind and win it all... this season a girl who was forced to strip to make money (because there were no other ways to make money) went from the lowest of lows (in her mind anyway) to rise above it all and prove to America that even a striper can cook... do the contestants get a script in advance or do the judges keep it to themselves... but they must get the script... Lesley on the eve of making the final two mixes up SALT and SUGAR... really, he couldn't tell the two containers apart.
  • Disappointed with MasterChef and Courtney winning

Unfortunately, I am completely turned off forever by MasterChef because Courtney won. I have watched every MasterChef show and loved the show. I have never written a review like this but I just saw the final episode and Courtney is completely fake, not sure if it's her make up, high heels, voice but she was absolutely judged differently than the other contestants - Joe's critiques in particular bothered me. Her food seemed average in most challenges. The whole show seemed staged this season, like Courtney was the chosen winner from the beginning and it makes me sad. Fox and Masterchef has lost a fan. . if Elizabeth writes a cook book, I will buy it!

• Joe was Smitten by a Fake

I am never watching Master Chef again. Joe was SO beyond Smitten with Courtney that I feel the challenges were guided by her strengths. The 3 cake challenge was right up her alley and Courtney's fate was decided from the beginning. Can she cook? Sure, but she was not as consistent as many of the chefs and she was so fake with her smiles and things she said. She pretends to be from some other 1950's housewife mentality. She lives in Philly but NOT in the real world. This show is fake and I wont watch again
< 1 2 3 4 5