MasterChef

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 29, 2010 In Season

neomichel

MasterChef Fan Reviews (52)

7.6
  • The final four contestants draw lots to see which two contestants will battle head-to-head. In the semi-final round, each judge requests a special dish. In the final round, the chefs must prepare an appetizer, main dish and dessert.

I consider myself one of America's biggest fans of Gordon Ramsey. I even like the British-based cooking show "The F Word". Gordon is brilliant because he's authentic, passionate and raw. However, this series, especially the final episode, seems forced, inauthentic, politically correct and half-baked.

That said, there were a few nice moments, such as when the families arrive. This shtick is a Gordon Ramsey staple but it wasn't over-done.

The first half of this series was fairly compelling, but once the show got down to about a half a dozen, it started to become over-produced. Rather than see participants interacting with each other in a competitive way we began to get set pieces and a lot of exposition by the judges about how great the cooks are.

In the end, though, the ultimate reason this show doesn't work is two-fold. First of all, the judges don't seem to have chemistry, and when push comes to shove, Ramsey's stature overshadows the other two judges, one of whom is constantly sour and other constantly sweet.

Second reason the show doesn't work is because Ramsey is boring when he puts on his earnest face. He just comes off as overwrought and humorless.
  • three shows is enough

chef ramseys third show is the same thing as the other two its basically him just yelling at people. i liked hells kitchen for a while but i never liked kitchen nightmares but this is basically hells kitchen except theres two more judges. i dont get why fox is w@k!Ng off to chef ramsey and seth macfarlane they each have three shows and the third isnt good two shows is enough ramsey should have hells kitchen and kitchen nighmares, seth macfarlane should have family guy and american dad. . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • Masterchef=best yet

I find this show very entertaining. It has my attention from beginning to end. I don't find the contestants get prizes/awards near as nice as they did on Hell's Kitchen(which is basically the same minus 2 judges) but I love hearing the different opinions/reactions of the 3 different judges. In my opinion, out of Ramsey's 3 shows(Hell's Kitchen,Kitchen Nightmares & this) this is the best and most entertaining.
  • Simple and entertaining

There are only three chefs, so there are not as many opinions. I really like the interior design of the stage. I also like how the contestants are showcased in rows with spaces between them. It is similar to cooking on a countertop so maybe the contestants' nerves can ease less. I find the food on here amazing! The chefs' critiques are simple and not too harsh as on other cooking shows.
  • losing credibility

All Judges, Would you ever serve a walmart USDA choice strip or rib eye in one of your restaurants? They are both horrible. All Good Steak houses serve only USDA Prime the finest cuts of beef! That is why I would pay $50.+ for a steak. Not only are you pushing Walmart, but kichenaid or cuisonart. You all have your credability on the line!!. I have eaten at London in NYC and every meat is Prime Chef Ramsey. If you want to push products try infomercials!!!!
  • attitude of GR improved!

I've only watched one show but appreciate that GR is a little calmer and showing a little more humanity. Bullying and abuse are not only counter productive to the chef's productivity, but illegal.
  • Best reality tv show ever!

This show is fabulous! I think it's my favorite show on Direct TV and that's how many channels and different shows? I learn so much from the contestants, the chefs - love the presentations, their cooking methods. Have gotten to know each cook and certainly have my favorites. This is one show I hope will continue for a long time. Anyone know what happens once they go through this last bunch and select a Master Chef? When will the new 'series' begin? Soon I hope!
  • masterchef and home cooking :)

as a trained sous chef myself i really enjoy this show for its innovative way of using ingredients that everyday ppl use and are made to look more appealing. not everyone has the money for a $50 dollar steak from a high class joint, so by actually using these things that the contestants see at walmart on a day to day basis i think it promotes that anyone can achieve cooking a good meal, not just high class restaurants. way to go masterchef (home cooks)!
  • I love this show because it is really good!

I think this show is the best. I really enjoy watching every week. I never miss an episode. I think Gordon Is the sh**! I love Graham cuz I think he's a sweetheart. Joe is alittle scarey cuz you really never know what he's thinking. all in all , I love this program.
  • master chef finale

The wrong person is in this finale-Josh!!! He does not deserve to be here, he was kicked out once. As much as I love and follow Gordon Ramsey and his shows, I think this was the worst thing he's ever done, brining back a contestant that was booted. I feel this season of Master Chef was fixed and if Josh wins-this will be my last season of this show!
  • Josh vs. Christine

I am disappointed in the finale. I was sure Josh was going to win because overall tonight his dishes were better and he took a chance. Being a Master Chef you need and have to take chances. I thing Christine is a wonderful cook and has overcome enormous odds, however tonight she played it safe. I feel Josh should have been named the Master Chef; he showed grace in his lost and I am proud of him!! I have been a faithful viewer and feel that some (one in particular) judges were biased tonight. Especially with the comment, "It is clear who the Master Chef is." I'm not sure it was as clear to the viewers.......
  • In the end its all about ratings...

Christine is a great cook and this was proved but Josh is a great Chef. Is it called Master Cook or Master Chef? You know better Gorden Ransey.. Nuff said...
  • Bad people

I think that Krissi is so self center. How you the team captain and save yourself and put everybody else under the gun. Its ok because her time is coming...... Next week lol?????
  • Wow Joe attitude a disappointment

Wow! I was shocked at how Joe talked to the cooks. You'd think he would have handled it better. He didnt show any respect. A little too much attitude for me. There is no reason to make people feel bad about themselves. You think they didnt know they screwed up? why make it worse. He came off Petty.

Joe Who? Oh Yea, Lydia's son. Arrogance doesn't become him. You know what they say, "Pride goeth before a fall" Yea, Krissie is a little rough around the edges, but I would love to have her cook me a meal. What has Joe ever cooked? I love Graham, he's so darn cute, have watched him many a time on other shows and he is just SWEET. Joe gotta GO!!
  • Joe needs to go

I love cooking competitions and especially MasterChef UK: Professionals, so I was excited to watch our American version. It is so sad to see contestants speak so terribly, plot against, and sabotage each other; and the expletive words are not what I am referring to when I say speak terribly. Judge Joe Bastianish is horrific; rude, brash, and condescending. Is he even a real chef? I don't know who he is, but his arrogance is atrocious. I really do like Chef Ramsey and Graham. Please go and watch MC UK: professionals and see what a real cooking competition looks like. It is so sad that ratings go up when Americans are rude and disgusting to each other but Fox could set things up to not be this way. Today's competition had the red team ahead 22-0 and then suddenly the blue team received ALL the other votes. That was so frustrating to watch. Please don't insult my intelligence that this was not set up.
  • The good mother

Initially a fan of Krissy, single mother works, trying hard. Now, not so much. She speaks of her son, doing it all for him. But when she speaks it is never to say anything nice. Most of her words have to be bleeped out. Tonight was just over the top. Bullying is a problem in schools & she brags about beating up other girls in school and wants to do it to another contestant? She is proud of it. What a sad, sad person. Shame she still feels that anger & hitting will solve all of her problems. More talented cooks have gone. She skims by, does poorly (not her fault of course, the judges do not know what they are doing) Do they think this is good TV? Master Chef is off my viewing list until she goes. Mean time, I hope her son is not following in mama's foot steps & beating up other kids in school. Hope she is better in the work place. In the very slim possibility she were to win, title her cook book How to Beat & Intimidate Your Food Tasteless.
  • Lost this fan last night

It looks to me like they've already decided Jesse is IT and they will stop at nothing to make sure of it. Yes, she can cook. But she hasn't done even one pressure test. And when she did land on a losing team, they structured it so she didn't have to do it. Then last night they pretty much handed it to her in a way they've never handed it to anyone. She has had to cook 25% fewer dishes than most everyone else.

I've watched this show since it started and have planned my evening around it. No more. After the fish taco team non-challenge I shut it off. I will not watch this show again. If it's a competition then make it one. Jesse seems like a nice person and good cook, but the inequity turns my stomach and I won't support it with my viewership. They have lost a loyal viewer with their blatant favoritism.
  • no place for bullies

At first I thought Krissy was okay and that Natasha was probably one of those mean girls from high school. Turns out Krissy is a mean girl too. She lost me when she openly laughed at Bime when he made a mistake when making his lemon pie and then went home. Then last night when she said she used to beat up girls like Brie in high school she totally disgusted me. I hope she goes home real soon. What a horrible example she is setting for her son that she supposedly loves so much. If she loves him, she should set a better example for him.
  • BULLY GO HOME!

In this world today we are standing up against bullying! We post messages daily on facebook against bullies. We have TV Commercials with celebrities speaking against this cruel behavior, yet, here we

have Krissy, blowing off her filthy mouth and threatening everyone on the show. I cannot stomach her any longer, she needs to go! She is mean, cruel and just nasty. She reminds me of the bearded lady in the circus only the bearded lady is usually nice. I hope she is removed quickly. Joe has been the only one besides Bri that has put her in her place. Let's all take a stand and get rid of her NOW!
  • This Is Not Hells Kitchen

I hate that Gordon is treating these home cooks like chef wannabes. They are home cooks and won't be doing weddings and serving hundreds of surfers. Very disappointed. I havent missed an episode in all seasons but think if things don't change this may be my last. First two years even three were what it's suppose to be.
  • Bitter pills are hard to swallow

5.5
    There is a three-way wave of nastiness this season that is making me lose my appetite. First, Joe abuses his position to grandstand and make perfectly nice people feel small. All that showboating of throwing dishes in the trash and making ugly faces has no place in professional behavior. (Gordon plays along and walks a very thin line between critique and ridicule, but manages, just barely, to stay on the side of critique most episodes; perhaps I tolerate him better only because his praise, when won, is equally excessive, and we know he can Second, there are the extremely unattractive behavior and expressions of Natasha, a remarkably bitter and angry woman for one so young. And third, there is Krissy [apologies if misspelled], who sets a new low in the kitchen. If she were in the workplace and made as many physical threats and misrepresentations, she would be fired and walked out of the building; security would be notified and the cops called if she came on premises. For shame that the producers are egging on all three. What's the point of cooking great food if you've poisoned the atmosphere?
  • Take out the trash

I think it's time to get rid of crissy as she is nothing more than a loud mouthed useless piece of garbage that needs to be put out on the curb with the rest of the trash I'm getting tired of hearing her bad mouth everyone on the show and act like she is so tough she is a total waste of good air and she can't cook as good as she thinks she can please take out the trash
  • Engineered to eliminate Bri?

Last night Bri won the mystery box. Her prize? Team captain and pick first. After she picked her dream team, Gordon Ramsey announces (after Krissi tells the worl she hates Bri) surpirse! captains switch teams. Ramsey fav Natasha actually wins by getting the stronger team.

After Bri's replacement team loses, Ramsey (who calls Bri "Br-eye") then gives Natasha's team (first time ever) control over which losing team member doesn't have to cook the pressure test.

How many more ways could they engineer giving Bri the boot? She was unique, quirky and cute (unlike so many mean-spirited vicious reamining cooks). Done. Un-dvr-ed.

The show is now so much more about strategies and stupid reality games than who is actually the best home cook.
  • Disgusted with MasterChef

I have been faithfully watching MasterChef since it first aired a few years ago. This season I'm absolutely appauled with all 3 of the judges. Watching them play favorites on Natasha and Jesse make me absolutely sick to my stomach. With each challenge they let them get off for free and let them slide with barely any comments. They treat other more plain girls like Bri for example like dirt! She received the worst prize for winning the mystery box challenge and with that they kicked her when they let her know even though Krissy hates her she had to be with her. What a great gift! They have let the contestants judge each other and make decisions on whether they should stay or go. I will never watch this show again. Each show has made me more and more disgusted with these men and the writers of this show. Playing favorites with the so called pretty girls is beyond appauling. How pathetic for them and how disappointing for not only the audience, but those other contestants trying so hard. I will blast this all over every social media network out there to make sure nobody I know watches this show ever. Way to go Fox... lose good followers because of your unfair games.
  • Criminal waste!

Just watched the first portion of the most recent Master Chef and I am appalled at the waste of food! You should be ashamed when there is so much poverty in the US and the world.
  • Meals savior!

Dear Masterchef,

Thanks so much for saving my breakfast, lunch and dinner every day!

seriously, whenever the meals get disgusting just watch Masterchef while eating and u can feel like eating the best dishes in the world. try it :))

by the way, love you Ramsey
  • sadways of judging

3.5
    It has been very sad at how the judges keep letting people go after one failure and then let others have multiple know its Ramsey running it especially letting the blond chick go more further then she should, the two black guys were doing so well and they got axed to keep morons that are truly not worthy of the or Lucca should be the clear that over grown slob Krissy should long kick the can, i guess they keep her to keep the ratings real sad. she should be working hard on a weight loss plan and Ramsey needs to be real with their blind judging style very unfair and disappointing manner on how people are released and kept. they need new fair judging was think about trying out,not a fair style of making people feel comfortable they are all just average cooks looking to rise as they once did or did they forget?
  • BRI, why is she gone

I saw the show last night how you got rid of bri, and how crissy and her *** smile bullying her all the time, crissy should be gone by next rond or i will have comfermation that the show is fixed,
  • crissy sucks!!

2.5
    Why don't they just give the money to crissy and be done with it, when she is in the pressure test it's always something think I'll be watching any longer. Too much of the judges playing favorites.
< 1 2