MasterChef

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 29, 2010 In Season

neomichel

MasterChef Fan Reviews (91)

7.2
  • Wow Joe attitude a disappointment

Wow! I was shocked at how Joe talked to the cooks. You'd think he would have handled it better. He didnt show any respect. A little too much attitude for me. There is no reason to make people feel bad about themselves. You think they didnt know they screwed up? why make it worse. He came off Petty.
  • REALLY?????Claudia?????

The final episode of MasterChef was disheartening to say the least. Although we could not taste Derrick's food, the judges did not have one negative thing to say about it and it looked beautiful, leading us to believe he was clearly the winner. Yet Claudia wins? Stephen is offered a food partnership with Gordon Ramsey and Derrick gets a pat on the back good job. I am totally done with this show, what a shame for Derrick obviously the better and stronger competitor throughout the whole series! Congratulations Derrick you were clearly the real winner in my books!
  • No longer a fan

Will no longer watch masterchef after this disasterous season! Where is Joe? Decided to give new judge a shot, horrible replacement! Masterchef should be ashamed of how blatant they were in keeping Claudia in the running, when the judge told her to take out her cake in an elimination round the writing was on the wall. CLAUDIA to win masterchef no matter what has to be done to make it happen, so sad! Nick, Stephen and Derrick by far the better chefs!! Just sorry i wasted my time watching this farce and will definately not be supporting the show in the future or the cookbook.
  • Won't be watching this anymore because clearly this is not "Master Chef"

1.5
    Claudia messed up so many times and her food was never presented like Derek's. He should've won but I guess that because he doesn't have any kids he doesn't deserve it, cuz I know that's why they gave it to her. This show isn't about talent anymore. Not wasting my time anymore. Think Joe should come back because yeah he was an asshole but at least he judged everyone the same.
  • Chrissy is not a chef

Nice show but... I am really put off by the judges calling Chrissy "close" in the final 4. We spend good money at many restaurants every year and we would be repulsed to eat at her restaurant, or any restaurant that hires her to cook, because she is so offensive to the idea of enjoyment. Plus, her chocolate molten cake looked disgusting!
  • Simple and entertaining

There are only three chefs, so there are not as many opinions. I really like the interior design of the stage. I also like how the contestants are showcased in rows with spaces between them. It is similar to cooking on a countertop so maybe the contestants' nerves can ease less. I find the food on here amazing! The chefs' critiques are simple and not too harsh as on other cooking shows.
  • Take out the trash

I think it's time to get rid of crissy as she is nothing more than a loud mouthed useless piece of garbage that needs to be put out on the curb with the rest of the trash I'm getting tired of hearing her bad mouth everyone on the show and act like she is so tough she is a total waste of good air and she can't cook as good as she thinks she can please take out the trash
  • Bad people

I think that Krissi is so self center. How you the team captain and save yourself and put everybody else under the gun. Its ok because her time is coming...... Next week lol?????
  • BRI, why is she gone

I saw the show last night how you got rid of bri, and how crissy and her *** smile bullying her all the time, crissy should be gone by next rond or i will have comfermation that the show is fixed,
  • What the heck were you thinking?

Where in the world did you all think that Claudia was a better chef than Derek, have you lost your minds? During the whole competition Derek proved he was a better chef and had the leadership. At the final night he out did Claudia every way possible. When Gordon called out Claudia's name as the winner I was floored. But then again I kinda expected it, I think you played on the fact she was Mexican and a woman, I think you wanted to show that a minority could win. What a joke, being from Oklahoma and Texas let me assure you that any little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant serves the same food she did, but then again you judges are not use to little hole in the walls, you are just use to fine dining and can't think outside your comfort zone. Shame on all of you, I loved this show, but I will not be watching it anymore after the way you all cheated Derek out of the win. Did it occur to the three of you that maybe, just maybe Derek too was trying to better his life, some people don't discuss their private lives on national television. Oh yes Claudia wanted to start a life for her daughter, her family and herself so let's all pile to America and do it, let's all leave Mexico come to America with an attitude of "I'm Mexican, and I want to take everything America has because I'm entitled to it". Like I said I will not be watching your show anymore. If Joe had been there maybe things would have been different.
  • It was a good run

I am only glad that Luca made it to the top 2. I didn't mind Jessie, but I think she was just lucky to get by in the last several challenges because the others had some flaw that was worse than hers. As for Chrissy, I'm sorry to the supporters, and I get that this is about the individual than teamwork, but I would never want to work with or have anything associated with her. She's a bully and an arrogant 'cow'. You can't just blowup whenever you don't want to do something, that's why it's a teamwork, you deal with the people you have. She said so herself that she's never really worked or dealt with top 'restauranty' type stuff, but she comes off as if it's an excuse to half ass it. I definitely would not have even bothered watching if she made it to the top 3 or top 2. I don't mind some arrogance, but the in your face type confrontation was just to much. When she ran up to the balcony like that, security probably should've been there as she probably could've hurt someone.

I will say that at least there's no gimick this year with a blind cook, that bothered me with season3 as 2 other cooks were eliminated before the top 2. The top 2 that year would've been at best top 4 only. They got that wrong big time. Season1, I will never buy that 7min chicken crap. The runner up was robbed.

I stuck around 1 season extra, but I think I am done with it.
  • no place for bullies

At first I thought Krissy was okay and that Natasha was probably one of those mean girls from high school. Turns out Krissy is a mean girl too. She lost me when she openly laughed at Bime when he made a mistake when making his lemon pie and then went home. Then last night when she said she used to beat up girls like Brie in high school she totally disgusted me. I hope she goes home real soon. What a horrible example she is setting for her son that she supposedly loves so much. If she loves him, she should set a better example for him.
  • Good riddance!

So glad Chrissy is gone. There has never been a more rude or vulgar contestant on national TV. What a horrible example this woman gives her son. I feel so sorry for him. She also was one of the weaker cooks (not a chef). Her skills were very limited compared to many of the other contestants. Won't miss her at all. What did the judges see in her?
  • And we are OFF

Or should I say that you are!

Christina Tosi, your outburst was the last straw for me. I have been enduring the favoritism towards another of the shows contestants but your attack on Christopher is my limit.

Fame must have come very easy to you or you have forgotten how it feels when the dish you're confident in receives nothing but insults. Tommy missed it, texture and his gnocchi was swimming in grease. Christopher had an issue with taste and that is exactly how Graham called. Tommy should have gone home.

I will not stick around to see how you and Gordon make Shelly MC

Your veil of deceit is transparent and you lack empathy. Goodbye
  • Getting More Fake by the Minute

3.5
    Master Chef has got to be one of my all-time favorite shows. However, this season managed to tick me off and made it almost unbearable to watch the last episode of the season five.

Let's face it, there are many fake components to Master Chef- because honestly what reality show out there isn't fake, but Joe brought a whole new level of scripting, favoritism, or whatever you would like to call it to the show. The show has had a few- but minor- falters in the past that I could easily shrug the shoulder to and ignore but season 5, on the other hand, has managed to fall on it's face from the moment the transparency of Joe's actions became so visible Gordon Ramsay could not ignore it. No, I am not denying that Courtney is a good chef, but she let the pressure get to her in the third round. Her dishes did not outshine Elizabeth's in any sort of way. Both were running a neck to neck race for they both had an equal share of flaws in their dishes; however, Elizabeth nailed her dessert spot on and Courtney made the fatal- almost amateur- mistake of adding salt to her cherry sauce. Both Grahm and Gordan hated the dish and were very logical with why the components did not work, but Joe scrambled for excuses and defended Courtney's dishes like a loyal, subservient puppy. He desperately came up with illogical, far-fetched excuses as to why the dish makes sense and only came up with 'it's a new idea and I think I could accept it'. There was a look of such desperation in his eyes and it is as if he knew himself that the dish sucked and that his efforts would not be enough to place Courney in first place. As the camera panned out, one could catch the puzzled, shocked, and disappointed face of Ramsay, who knew that Joe was pulling excuses out of his ass. Even from the very start, Joe had such favoritism towards Courtney one couldn't help but wonder if something had happened behind the scenes for such a hard shelled judge like Joe to become so smitten with this ex-stripper or that she so often appealed to Joe's high and valued Italian nature. Either way, Joe showed much favoritism to Courtney it was apparent to Ramsay and Grahm, who showed absolute disapproval and disappointment in the final round.

Reality shows all have a certain amount of scripting, but for it to go to the extreme of a judge so obsessed with one contestant that it is obvious to his fellow judges is too much. Usually they have good reasons as to why a contestant is chosen, but for season 5 it didn't have me sold. I'm smart enough to know that you have to have more than high heels, make-up, a cute voice and a smitten judge to be a true winner.

• Pungeant Oder

3.5
    The show is starting to "smell" like other reality shows. Where you create hostility between contestants. Putting in situations where you COMPOUND extra stress and difficult personalities together.

I liked the ore when you focused on skill, and build up people. Teach them where they were lacking. When the teams were falling apart, the hosts should have stepped in and showed them how it is done, not fan the flames. I find the hostility between the home cooks annoying...

• Unfair Claudia/Nick - Chritina has to go!

It was absolutely unnacceptable that Christina told Claudia when to take the cake out of the oven. Don't get me wrong I like both Claudia and Nick but this is a competition and if she over cooked her cake she would have been the one to go home. Christina has got to go. She is the absolute worst! Rude, arrogant and now a cheater! I thought Joe was pretty bad so when he left I thought - great let's give this new person a try. Well her time is up. She is awful. Gordon Ramsey replace her asap!
  • Disappointing

It was very clear that Derrick's final courses were so much more advanced & technical than Claudia's. Throughout the season, him and Stephen were the top two contenders. Nick shined as well. I was shocked when Claudia won with her Mexican 'home cooked meals'. That is a meal anyone could cook at home. If I was served a tamale, fish filet, and flan / stewed pear like that at a fine dining restaurant, I would think I just ordered from the 'dollar' menu. Every year i buy the cookbook. Not this year. I know how to cook Mexican food. Disappointed.
  • big mistake

Why is there so much favoritism to Shelley, the worst cook and makes soooo many mistakes. Is this Masterchef contest fixed? Sara should not have been eliminated when Shelley made such a horrible dish last night that Gordon couldn't even try it . This appears to be favoritism for someone with a big sob story instead of a cooking contest.

Sara also said the truth, the best cook is DERRICK!!!
  • Disappointed with MasterChef and Courtney winning

Unfortunately, I am completely turned off forever by MasterChef because Courtney won. I have watched every MasterChef show and loved the show. I have never written a review like this but I just saw the final episode and Courtney is completely fake, not sure if it's her make up, high heels, voice but she was absolutely judged differently than the other contestants - Joe's critiques in particular bothered me. Her food seemed average in most challenges. The whole show seemed staged this season, like Courtney was the chosen winner from the beginning and it makes me sad. Fox and Masterchef has lost a fan. . if Elizabeth writes a cook book, I will buy it!

• NEVER WATCHING AGAIN

My daughters were watching last night's episode and were just as disappointed as I was. The BULLY needs to go. Wrong message being sent. You have lost 3 viewers.
  • The good mother

Initially a fan of Krissy, single mother works, trying hard. Now, not so much. She speaks of her son, doing it all for him. But when she speaks it is never to say anything nice. Most of her words have to be bleeped out. Tonight was just over the top. Bullying is a problem in schools & she brags about beating up other girls in school and wants to do it to another contestant? She is proud of it. What a sad, sad person. Shame she still feels that anger & hitting will solve all of her problems. More talented cooks have gone. She skims by, does poorly (not her fault of course, the judges do not know what they are doing) Do they think this is good TV? Master Chef is off my viewing list until she goes. Mean time, I hope her son is not following in mama's foot steps & beating up other kids in school. Hope she is better in the work place. In the very slim possibility she were to win, title her cook book How to Beat & Intimidate Your Food Tasteless.
  • Joe needs to go

I love cooking competitions and especially MasterChef UK: Professionals, so I was excited to watch our American version. It is so sad to see contestants speak so terribly, plot against, and sabotage each other; and the expletive words are not what I am referring to when I say speak terribly. Judge Joe Bastianish is horrific; rude, brash, and condescending. Is he even a real chef? I don't know who he is, but his arrogance is atrocious. I really do like Chef Ramsey and Graham. Please go and watch MC UK: professionals and see what a real cooking competition looks like. It is so sad that ratings go up when Americans are rude and disgusting to each other but Fox could set things up to not be this way. Today's competition had the red team ahead 22-0 and then suddenly the blue team received ALL the other votes. That was so frustrating to watch. Please don't insult my intelligence that this was not set up.
  • Masterchef=best yet

I find this show very entertaining. It has my attention from beginning to end. I don't find the contestants get prizes/awards near as nice as they did on Hell's Kitchen(which is basically the same minus 2 judges) but I love hearing the different opinions/reactions of the 3 different judges. In my opinion, out of Ramsey's 3 shows(Hell's Kitchen,Kitchen Nightmares & this) this is the best and most entertaining.
  • I'm very confused

In the first hour of the show, James won the mystery box challenge and was welcomed to the 'final four' by Chef Joe. Then, because there was no elimination, all five contestants remained and more challenges were done. Since James was earlier guaranteed to be in the 'final four', I don't think he should have gone home. In my opinion, it was unfair. Natasha should have gone home because her table was served raw fish.

Wrong person went home in this episode.
  • BULLY GO HOME!

In this world today we are standing up against bullying! We post messages daily on facebook against bullies. We have TV Commercials with celebrities speaking against this cruel behavior, yet, here we

have Krissy, blowing off her filthy mouth and threatening everyone on the show. I cannot stomach her any longer, she needs to go! She is mean, cruel and just nasty. She reminds me of the bearded lady in the circus only the bearded lady is usually nice. I hope she is removed quickly. Joe has been the only one besides Bri that has put her in her place. Let's all take a stand and get rid of her NOW!
  • I miss James in the final!

He was good, it is too bad that they kicked him out.. I guess, that TV was keeping Chrissy because of argueing and conflicts - why do they think, that people want to see this bully types? No, thx.. We love good cooks who can behave. Chrissy was terrible person, I am soo glad that she is gone.. Dont understand why would you like her? - not so good cook, bad person, not responsible, just complaining and bullying.. Big "go fuck yourself, Chrissy" from Europe :) Go masterchef!
  • Bitter pills are hard to swallow

5.5
    There is a three-way wave of nastiness this season that is making me lose my appetite. First, Joe abuses his position to grandstand and make perfectly nice people feel small. All that showboating of throwing dishes in the trash and making ugly faces has no place in professional behavior. (Gordon plays along and walks a very thin line between critique and ridicule, but manages, just barely, to stay on the side of critique most episodes; perhaps I tolerate him better only because his praise, when won, is equally excessive, and we know he can Second, there are the extremely unattractive behavior and expressions of Natasha, a remarkably bitter and angry woman for one so young. And third, there is Krissy [apologies if misspelled], who sets a new low in the kitchen. If she were in the workplace and made as many physical threats and misrepresentations, she would be fired and walked out of the building; security would be notified and the cops called if she came on premises. For shame that the producers are egging on all three. What's the point of cooking great food if you've poisoned the atmosphere?
  • Pastrychef or Masterchef?

Unfair and unacceptable Christina Tosi advised Claudia to take the cake out. But she was crouched in front of the oven so Gordon Ramsay and Graham Elliot probably did not see her telling Claudia. After tasting the cake for both she gave voluminous comments for Claudia's cake and raised her eyebrows for Nick without a word and went to the judges said there was something in Nick's cake .... When the judges were confering she insisted about Claudia's cake was tasty. Nick's presentation was beautiful and Claudia's was so bad. I don't have anything against the contestants but Christina Tosi is biased, rude and arrogant. At least Joe Bastianich was fair and I don't think he was partial to anyone contestant. I agree with the comments of other viewers about Christina Tosi. But I think she is going to be judge for Masterchef Junior. Feel sorry for the Kids.

Gordon Ramsay should call Nick back and give him another chance. I wonder whether the producers see any of the fans views.
  • Nick/Claudia

So did anyone else see that the pastry chef told Claudia when to take her cakes out of the oven. I didn't want to see either one of them go home but you can't cheat and win. No one knows how long she would have left those cakes in if (the pastry judge) didn't say (while opening Claudia's oven) "It's starting to stretch it's time to take them out" I am not a baker but I know heat and time can either make you or break you. Did anyone go back to tell Nick how to make a new batch? Please tweet if you like because I'm not on it but want everyone to see how unfair this was for Nick.
< 1 2 3 4