MasterChef

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 29, 2010 In Season

neomichel

MasterChef Fan Reviews (115)

6.8
  • Can't watch after this season

Used to love this show but Christina Tossi is duller than paint. After watching Gordon Ramsay(whom i adored and had so much admiration for) run after temper tantrum throwing David annnd chosing him over integrity and authenticity of the show the went out the window. After Andrea left, I wanted to scream but rules are rules. After David threw his bottle on the floor, i respected Christina for saying he wouldve been kicked out of her kitchen. Now after his childish tantrum, instead of being kicked out, he gets a wonderful pep talk annnd his crap food keeps him in?! His attitude is ridiculous. If it was him and not Shaun, he wouldve done exactly the same thing. If he ever gets his own restaurant, I will never step a foot in. I started out rooting for him because I love Poker and hes a great player but as a person and a single dad?? Definitely a loser, sore loser. Great example, David. If this is how the judging is going to be, I cant stand to watch. How disappointing. I loved this show. I rather watch Gordon Ramsay on Hells Kitchen. Theres no babies in that kitchen allowed.
  • Impeach Christina!

I really have tried to get used to Christina. She is irritating, has no personality and adds nothing at all interesting to the mix of judges. Unless they bring back Graham and Joe, this is my last season of watching MasterChef.

Anyone have any ideas of how we can make the network listen to us?
  • Safety over Passion/Creativity?

I am a huge fan of all cooking shows and this was my first time watching MasterChef from beginning to end. I did not always agree with the judges decisions and there was clearly some favoritism but I'm not a chef and so for that reason I continued to watch even when the judges made me angry. And yes, David pissed me off with his attitude sometimes.... and I feel one or two others should have been asked to leave. HOWEVER, I FEEL DAVID SHOULD HAVE WON THE TITLE MASTER CHEF. Some of Shawn's dishes may have been tighter but David took more risks/ thinking outside the box with more dishes, where Shawn played it safe with most of his dishes. I saw Shawn as a great chef but without passion which, in my humble opinion, a master chef should have. David's dishes had passion and risks-more creativity. Also, I appreciate the fact that Chef Ramsey went after David. Being a passionate, creative chef himself, he didn't want David to allow his emotions ,(fear really) to stop him from continuing.... Keeping the young man who couldn't work as a team player to the point of passing out, also showed a more humane side of Ramsey. Right now I am mad David didn't win and say I won't watch again but.... I probably will become all in all a great show that I learn from.

• Disappointed

I have been a fan from the beginning but the show is losing me. I don't like the changes in judges. Christina is irritating. There were clear favorites from the beginning this season and it seemed decided from the start. I miss the old masterchef :(
  • David the baby back bitch

So so sooooooo pissssed. David is such a baby throwing multiple temper tantrums. I'm still irritated beyond belief that Ramsey would run after such a pathetic human such as David. Get rid of that loser.
  • Shocked and Appalled

I could hardly believe it as I watched Gordon Ramsey running after David and kissing his rear end - begging him to come back. What about the "RULES" that got a promising young chef ejected over a three second error in timing?! How arbitrary can you get?! As Chef Ramsey so often says, DAMN!"
  • Has Gordon Ramsey lost his mind

I have watched Master Chef every season since it has started and I have to say this will be my last season. I can not believe that with the attitude that David portrayed this season and Gordon Ramsey chasing after him begging him to return to the kitchen, and then letting Dan go at the end of the challenge. Then the next episode where David competes against Tenoria, and David leaves something off each plate for the challenge and not just one item but numerous, Tenoria had perfect plating of each dish, yes her pork tenderloin was rare, but the judging should have been for the overall dish, again David is safe and again David had an attitude the entire show. If this is the type of person Gordon Ramsey wants to promote as a Master Chef I am done this year with the show. It is sad that good cooks and good attitudes were sent home to save David each and every time.
  • Disappointed

I don't typically rate shows but I just had to after this past weeks episode. I agree with the other reviews posted. I am so disappointed with how Chef Ramsey handled things with regards to David's temper tantrum. I lost a whole lot of respect for him and the show. Never did I think Chef Ramsey would bother going after David. David did not deserve to go on and then to pick on poor Dan after that display by David. Dan wasn't the best cook but did deserve to move on based on David's outburst. I don't think I will continue to watch the show.
  • Seriously?

I've been watching Master Chef for years and it's one of my favorites. I love the creativity of the challenges and I love connecting to home cooks that have a true passion for bettering themselves, as well as their families. To watch David advance and see Dan sent home has left me shocked, upset, outraged, and disheartened. What the hell? David has been difficult to watch for pretty much the whole season now, but especially the last several episodes. The episode where he throws the champagne bottle and Christina tells him that his display of anger would get him thrown out of any kitchen and to not send him home then was already ridiculous, but hey, it's a second chance, so get your shit together. I can go with that. But to watch him cuss out another competitor, take his apron off, give up, and walk out of the kitchen only to be persuaded to come back and to be told by fucking Gordon Ramsey that he has respect for him and to not give up. Are you kidding me? At that point I knew that he would go to the top 4. To see Gordon yell at so many home cooks throughout the seasons and to have such a high regard for respect in the kitchen and then to watch him treat David in such a forgiving and helpful manner. I mean, did David offer him a few million from his poker winnings? Come on. What the fuck did this show get in order for David to advance? I am more than sad to say that I am no longer going to watch this show. I can't allow myself to support something that goes against everything I believe in. There's a difference in not liking the winner because they're just not your cup of tea and then there's David. Someone who was given multiple chances and still all he can do is whine, cry, and look like a serial killer. They give this douche a ton of chances. Nope. I've absolutely had it. You can't send that kind of message out. I have no respect for Gordon Ramsey anymore and he should be ashamed and embarrassed for supporting someone with absolutely no conviction and sending truly passionate and wonderful home cooks home. Good bye Master Chef.
  • Good TV that has become terrible

After watching this episode, I am finally fed-up with Ramsey and his co-hosts. He runs after David who throws another tantrum and then keeps him on the show and sends Dan home. What message is he trying to send? David may be a good cook but he does not have the attitude of a winner. I decided to give this show another chance when they gave a prior award to Claudia who was not the best on that show either. At least she was a decent cook who acted like a grown-up.

I will never watch this show again. This could be one of the premiere cooking shows on television, but they have made it a joke. To leave a childish, tantrum throwing poker player on the show after he has repeatedly shown his immaturity is absurd. I wonder who is running FOX. You continue to cancel good programming . Master Chef and Ramsey need to be shown the door. The man is a fool who may know how to cook, but has the sense and personality of a junkyard dog, not only on this show, but on all of his programs..

Goodbye and good riddance. I have lost all respect for FOX and its programming.
  • Masterchef disappointed

I Love masterchef and I have seen ignorant people and that's fine but David has a horrible temper and cares about nothing but himself for Chef Ramsey to bring him back was a big disappointment. I won't watch the rest of this season because if the show is about giving someone with no respect for others and a horrible temper and chance to become masterchef and be rewarded for that I won't ever watch again. I will miss the show but they should have gotten rid of him after his temper in the beginning what does that show others also him winning for better pork was a joke hers was under cooked but if she would have left the other ingredients off her plate hers would have done as well. So that's crap. Bad choices for the a shame. Things like that can ruin a show. Poor judgement.
  • I'm done & I hate it

The special treatment David received last night after his total lack of respect for what a competition is all about, is simply WRONG! What kind of message does this send to his daughter? You can act like a big baby, cus out your fellow competitors, quit & walk out... and Gordon (of all people) will let you back in the competition?? This is not fair on any level, and I'm SO sad to say that I will never watch this show again. I hate it, because it's one of my favorite shows. I wish there was a way to comment directly to the producers & Fox.
  • Dissapointed on so many levels

The judges (especially christina) pick favorites and everyone else they will find the smallest excuse to go home. Christina picks on people she doesnt like. This show either needs to fix the judging or I will not be tuning in next season.
  • that wasnt right on every level

Tenoria should never have been sent home. Her meals were complete not like David's. If she didn't have to make all the sauces she could have focused more on the pork. You let David get away with whatever he does. Not a class act for a masterchef. Before the challenge started you should have specified that the pork would be the only thing that was being judged, not the plating, sauces or detail in the dishes that were shown.
  • This is my final season for me, I can't stand it anymore.

1.5
    I used to be a long time fan (guilty pleasure and I got a free cookbook twice through Fox) and have been able to put up with the bullshit, but enough is enough. From having competitors that are nothing but drama that skate further into the competition (Cutter S5 and David Martinez S4) despite being mediocre (at least compared to everyone else), Season 5 Courtney winning despite her salted donuts and salted cherries, annoying voice and advertising her flashy expensive heels while playing the"I'm a stripper struggling to pay her rent" (The people at reddit looked her and found out she was full of shit). Many judges picking favorites and going out of their way(more like cheating) to help certain contestants even when it goes to far. For example last season Christina took Claudia's cake out when it was done before it could overcook, and Gordon telling Nathan the rice was done and didn't need cooking. Let's not even get started with Claudia beating Derrick at the finale despite Derrick having the better dishes.

The constant reminder of their lives, personality, where they're from, etc gets so old everyone season mostly in the last 3 seasons including this one.

This season having so many annoying contestants including Nathan with his Pee Wee Herman like voice and shtick (not sure how he stuck around for so long), Brandi reminding us of that she's from a small town in Kentucky, and Dan with annoying frat boy and Van Wilder personality.

Terry who you could argue was the best chef was eliminated despite having the better dish than Tanorria earlier in the season. My final straw was that manchild David. His tantrums were too much, from not being saved earlier this season after losing the team challenge, to throwing a champagne bottle on the floor because he couldn't get it open in time, but this last example is one of the biggest bullshit favoritism that is shown repeatedly through this show.

He throws a major hissy fit after getting a shitty basket made by Dan, takes off his apron and walks off, ONLY to be stopped and convinced by Gordon Ramsey to go back and cook (he cries too). Worst of all Dan was eliminated instead of David that episode. The following one he tries to throw another hissy fit when several portions of duck were undercooked, luckily we were spared since it wasn't the full amount going out. During elimination you see him getting frustrated and need talking to by Gordon AGAIN. While his meats were cooked better, he left several ingredients on his 3 plates back at the station because he didn't work on them from being frustrated. Any they chose to judge based on the plate instead of the WHOLE dish which meant that David is going to the final 3.

The more I've watched this show, the more I know they want more drama and villains rather than cooking. At least two of these people who won MasterChef really shouldn't have won and I by that I mean Courtney and Claudia, but hey, gotta choose the person with either the better sob story , life story and/or the one with the more appealing cookbook right? I mean a Southern, Asian, Italian, and Mexican have more appeal than some average joe with fancy techniques and skills right?
  • Brutal

Will never watch this show again. Replication challenge ,,,not get lucky with cooking pork challenge. Tinorria's dishes were almost perfectly done and is twice the chef of the baby whiner David. Nice example you set for young people and aspiring chefs watching your show chef Ramsey. Favouritism at its finest. Good bye Masterchef I'm done with you and I know I'm not alone. Pathetic.
  • Totally Disappointef

How can you award such a person as David for his total unprofessionalism and unsportsmanship. You team has lost touch in awarding losers and kicking out Dan which attempted what he was dealt. The questioning of Dan was uncalled for. I didnt see you ask Dan what his plan was for his original dish. Total fan of show but you left a sour taste in my mouth tonight.
  • Sad and Shameful

Really lost a lot of respect for this show how can you let David into the finals with the way he acted tonight just not fair especially to the young lady that lost. Come on Ramsey you are so much better than this will not watch final I think its already been decided David will win a disgrace
  • Masterchef Not

Are you EFFING kidding me! The so called home cook David has been babied, not once but twice, by chef Ramsey. Ramsey, how the hell can you justify putting up with his crap and give up blame others attitude, while another cook that has never given up is sent walking.

Ramsey Outrageous and Shameful
  • Predictable judges favorites as usual

Pretty clear to me from the start that Shaun will win. It's like they purposely chose a couple of "home" chefs (yeah right) who have obviously had professional experience or training because they stand so far apart from everyone AND they seem to know way too many fancy techniques that no home chef would ever know. Every year I can spot the winner within the first few episodes.

Christine either tries too hard to be phony sweet or over the top yet equally phony, mean. Then there is Katie who is prob the biggest a** kisser in front of Ramsey and in her behind the scenes dialogue and the Brandi comes across arrogant and waaayy too excited. I have nothing against any of them though because you can tell they are all coached to act a certain way is all I am trying to point out.

The kids version of Materchef is even worse in all of the above. Last year the winner - from day 1 - I cld tell that the baseball cap worn backwards was just another producer's gimmick to try to make the kids look cutesy. Every year on both shows they choose the same varies personalities whether real of coached idk. One of each: an aggressive or rude one, a cocky one, 1 shy, quite a few physically attractive (most good home cooks I know are a tad overweight and older than these yearly casts, which screams biased and discriminating). I am dinging myself watching the show less and less and usually only cz there is nothing else on.
  • my opinion about show

It is not fair that there are no real vegetarian , vegan, glutenfree or other cooking without challenges on this show.

I work with food and face those chellenges every day. And I think that contestants should have to face that too. After all all vegetarians participating have to work with meat and fish. Why not other way around? If you are in this business you will face this challenge eventually. What with all allergies and food preferences out there...

I wish also that Masterchef US would learn more from good things happening on UK and Australia shows. There are more of friendship, goodwill and team feeling on those shows. US have more of show and fighting which don't always bring out best in people. Pushing others down don't make anybody into better cook or better person. And using bad language do not add to anybodies charm.

Junior competition is nicer because judges use more heart.
  • Annoying and Unlikeabke both judges and contestants...

Hey

I've liked all the previous seasons one less than the other and perhaps due to their new judging format and their poor casting choices. It's been so hard to watch any of those episode.

1. Sean - probably the only competent one left

2. Dan - surprising Im not usually into frat boy turns cook but he's becoming more ediqute and likable as season goes.

3. Tanodori - pretty solider chef love to see more talents

4. David - what a douche!

5. Brandi - stop attaching yourself w your home base and touch herself with fan base already

6. Katie - definitely feeling the whole self pity beside the dishes.

7. Zachery - the most incompetent kid with whole lot of drama. So annoying/painful to watch.

Chefs?

First of all, it doesn't matter how talented they are whether hosts or guests, due to the formats. Nobody wants to listen to them and there seems to be less and less connections w one and another. They either need to go back to 3 or 2 stronger and more chemistry then an angry English perfectionist and ice desert queen of tv. You can't have two hard on hard judges wo any buffer. It's rough.

I'm gonna have a hard time finishing the whole season. Come on guys! Do better shows.
  • Judges Are Annoying

These judges are annoying and appear to intentionally trying to put contestants off. Throughout the whole series they have find to contestants and made comments that totally throws the contestant but to their courage on most occasions have gone with their gut and continued in with what they were doing.

It's happening tonight in grand finale as well with Matt then he gets scored a 10 by all 3 judges.

They should just butt out and let them cook what they had intended.
  • Annoying female judge.

Female judge (sorry, she is not famous enough to remember her name) is so dang annoying. Her voice is worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. I have to mute my tv every time she speaks. A prerequisite to be on tv should be having a pleasant voice.

Please get a new judge next year. How about iron chef Alex Guarnaschelli?

2016. Very very annoyed with Christina. There is nothing I like about her. Still muting and then fast forwarding through her commentary. How the heck did someone like that get on a tv show of any kind?

There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many other choices.
  • Gordon, you should be ashamed!

I started out watching Master Chef Junior and really enjoyed the show. I then tried watching the regular show and was flabbergasted the first episode I viewed. Gordon Ramsay (who thinks he is "all that") not only blasted one of the contestants for the dish they prepared, but used the "F" word in berating them on the show. This turned out not to be a one- time occurrence. I will NEVER watch this show again. There is NO REASON whatsoever to treat contestants with such disrespect and vulgarity!!!
  • Money!

2.5
    Guys and Gals - its simple - as I see it. Claudia's cookbook will be more accessible to casual cooks and will sell better than a cookbook from Derrick. Derrick won - no question in my mind. As a chef myself (at home and professionally for a time) Derrick is a chef and Claudia is a cook. I've dismissed comments of bias in the past seasons but this one was so obvious. I don't think it's because Claudia is Latina or a woman, but simply her recipes will be simple and approachable to more home*cooks* than Derrick's. AND we all know the "judges" are getting a big share of the cookbook sales.
  • race card won

1.5
    Both cooks had great comments on how their food was cooked. Derrick CLEARLY should have won based on his stepping out of the box and his creative presentations which he was consistent with. I have no choice but to believe that all Claudia's Latina boasting paid off. She played it safe with sticking to what was familiar to her and won. This was NOT a fair and very unfairly it was time for a Latino to win. are a big disappointment for allowing this!!!!
  • Minority Female Always > White Male

Masterchef: proving once again that if you're white and you're a guy you're just not going to get picked for a lifetime opportunity vs a minority female; no matter how much better you perform.

Also, Christina Tosi .... just go home.
  • I'm done watching Gordon Ramsay

Claudia is the MexicanChef NOT Masterchef . She's not even in the same league as Derrick. What a shame. They lost a viewer forever with this disgusting and shameful pick of Claudia over Derrick.
  • Derrick was screwed over

Derrick: highly original and visionary throughout the entire season, great leadership skills, put recipes together that even other professional chefs were amazed by, most people (even great cooks) could not replicate his recipes, stood up well under pressure, did an extraordinary job in the finale creating highly original dishes I'd never seen done that way and put unusual flavors together that worked, took big risks that worked, especially in the finale, created dishes from a wide variety of cuisines. When the winner was to be announced, he actually looked like he wasn't sure who might win. Rested only on his skills as a chef to win.

Claudia: cooked Mexican food 98% of the time, unoriginal (any half decent cook can make good Mexican food), didn't handle pressure well most of the time, showed poor leadership skills, did "one trick pony" Mexican dishes and pretty much stayed in her safe zone, while previous season chefs told a girl from India that she had to stop being one dimensional and have a wider level of culinary skills than just Indian food and create dishes for other cuisines. Before the name of the winner was announced, stood with a big smile on her face without a hint of worry that she might not win. Played heavy on the "poor single mother" bit and yelled out "I'm the first LATINA Masterchef!"

This is what the differences was in this season. In the past, it was someone like Derrick who would have been chosen. This year, someone who was good in a certain style of cooking would not have won. In the past, three remaining chefs would have competed, then one was sent home. This year, one (Derrick) was chosen, then Steven had to compete again against Claudia to see which of them would compete with Derrick. Never done before. Of course, Steven was also screwed over, but at least Ramsay told him he would make his dream come true by financing his restaurant. Derrick got no such promise. What else was different this year? What's her name, of whom I've never heard. She told Claudia when to take out her cake in the season and helped her when she shouldn't have. She seems very biased toward women, a cheater, and she seems to have Gordon and Elliot by the groin.

I have always watched Masterchef, as it has been one of my favorite shows. I will not tune in anymore. Why? Because this show has taken a sharp turn to political correctness. Like anything PC, it is now utterly predictable. It's bad enough that Claudia won, but for Derrick to not be offered an opportunity to be helped having his own restaurant is a double injustice. Oh, and I am a woman, so don't accuse me of misogyny.