MasterChef

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 29, 2010 In Season

neomichel

MasterChef Fan Reviews (125)

6.6
  • Masterchef

This show is so unfair. The cooks are not judged by their ability. How many years has this happened. I am so done. Kate was consistently the best cook. Dino won because of who he is - it's all about drama. Welcome to present day life. Why is Gordon Ramsey allowed to curse on TV. Not funny.
  • christina has to go i don't like her.

she can go this series is boring. spend my time cooking sorry. love Gordon
  • Ramsey is such a Jerk

The 7 is for the contestants and the -3 is for Ramsey. I get it that Yashika and the kid didn't do the best job in the world, but does he really have to talk to them like inferior beings. I enjoy the challenges and watch the show for those -- if only I didn't have to see Ramsey's arrogant face - say, maybe tape across the mouth and a bag over the head and he'd be enjoyable. Just a thought -- don't like it Ramsey? Well then maybe you better P*** off yourself.
  • Christina Tosi sucks

2.5
    I have no idea why this woman is on the show. She has no original comments, or lucid critiques. She's over dramatic, with all her hand waving and stern facial expressions. Then every once in awhile she goes off on one of the cooks in full on bitch mode! Time to get rid of Christina!
  • Turn off

My main complaint is the loud overbearing music. Can't understand a word while it plays some ridiculous tune. I've noticed a lot of shows have loud music which drowns out what is said. Don't watch them. Also, how on earth do they decide who the winner is. Some of the worst cooks go to the balcony while some of the other cooks who have better dishes go home. Beginning to think the hosts play favorites.
  • Time to replace chef Christina Tosi.

I'm sorry but I just can't stand chef Christina Tosi on this show,,I miss Joe and Grahm. Hell anyone would be better than her pinched "trying to be serious" face, she just looks stupid. I know this sounds petty but the show is just not as pleasant to watch anymore,,the judges are a big part of what makes the show entertaining. I think it's time to replace her with another chef with a personality.
  • The most extraordinary season ever?

There was a time when Masterchef Australia was educative and highly instructional. The program over the past seasons has done much to raise awarenesses, change expectations and generally inform. Sadly, this season has taken a rather chaotic turn for the worse. It could be called "Gabble, the musical" as these two aspects predominate: gabbled instructions; gabbled menu choices; gabbled advice; gabled planning - all supported with the most unappealing loud music. Someone should take a recording of the mantra "30 seconds" and replay it to the presenters non-stop during their masterclasses. Occasionally, there is a lull when the presenters reflect and pontificate, or identify their favourite contribution and its preparer. The associated tone is suitably reverential of course. I am learning from this series, but it has little to do with food. I am learning much more from another cooking program on a national network in which amateur cooks have an hour to prepare a designated dish and to compare their skills with personnel from a chosen (high profile) restaurant. Please, please, please presenters, spend some time in the wilderness and recover your purpose. At the moment I would rather eat raw quinces with salted sump oil than endure the second half of the series.
  • show is all "fiction"

i stop watching masterchef when terry from season 7 got eliminated coz IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE he deserve to be on the top three atleast sending the best chef home after one mistake when others have made plenty like nathan can fuck up left and right and still be on the show!!!! and david in the finale??? coz his attitude is "entertaining" FUCK THAT IM SO MAD. Ben Starr from season 3 wrote on his blog couple years ago how masterchef is all just "fiction" read it you'll never watch masterchef ever here's the link 2013/05/22/guest-post-ben-starr-how-to-watch-a-masterchef-premierefrom-a-masterchef-survivor/
  • The RELENTLESS Mood Music

You are ruining my viewer experience by the CONSTANT, annoying music that you use to 'create a mood'. I'm to the point where I can no longer stand it and the show is history for me. We the people don't need someone to create excitement no matter what your PR/marketing gurus think of our intelligence. Just give a BREAK is it's volume and relentlessness. Seriously ruined the show.
  • Fake Tears

Fed up he stupid Lesbian females that hug each other all the time and put on the crocodile tears. It is only a cooking show not the end of the world. Some of the food you would not even serve to a dog it looks so horrible.
  • Can't watch after this season

Used to love this show but Christina Tossi is duller than paint. After watching Gordon Ramsay(whom i adored and had so much admiration for) run after temper tantrum throwing David annnd chosing him over integrity and authenticity of the show the went out the window. After Andrea left, I wanted to scream but rules are rules. After David threw his bottle on the floor, i respected Christina for saying he wouldve been kicked out of her kitchen. Now after his childish tantrum, instead of being kicked out, he gets a wonderful pep talk annnd his crap food keeps him in?! His attitude is ridiculous. If it was him and not Shaun, he wouldve done exactly the same thing. If he ever gets his own restaurant, I will never step a foot in. I started out rooting for him because I love Poker and hes a great player but as a person and a single dad?? Definitely a loser, sore loser. Great example, David. If this is how the judging is going to be, I cant stand to watch. How disappointing. I loved this show. I rather watch Gordon Ramsay on Hells Kitchen. Theres no babies in that kitchen allowed.
  • Impeach Christina!

I really have tried to get used to Christina. She is irritating, has no personality and adds nothing at all interesting to the mix of judges. Unless they bring back Graham and Joe, this is my last season of watching MasterChef.

Anyone have any ideas of how we can make the network listen to us?
  • Safety over Passion/Creativity?

I am a huge fan of all cooking shows and this was my first time watching MasterChef from beginning to end. I did not always agree with the judges decisions and there was clearly some favoritism but I'm not a chef and so for that reason I continued to watch even when the judges made me angry. And yes, David pissed me off with his attitude sometimes.... and I feel one or two others should have been asked to leave. HOWEVER, I FEEL DAVID SHOULD HAVE WON THE TITLE MASTER CHEF. Some of Shawn's dishes may have been tighter but David took more risks/ thinking outside the box with more dishes, where Shawn played it safe with most of his dishes. I saw Shawn as a great chef but without passion which, in my humble opinion, a master chef should have. David's dishes had passion and risks-more creativity. Also, I appreciate the fact that Chef Ramsey went after David. Being a passionate, creative chef himself, he didn't want David to allow his emotions ,(fear really) to stop him from continuing.... Keeping the young man who couldn't work as a team player to the point of passing out, also showed a more humane side of Ramsey. Right now I am mad David didn't win and say I won't watch again but.... I probably will become all in all a great show that I learn from.

• Disappointed

I have been a fan from the beginning but the show is losing me. I don't like the changes in judges. Christina is irritating. There were clear favorites from the beginning this season and it seemed decided from the start. I miss the old masterchef :(
  • David the baby back bitch

So so sooooooo pissssed. David is such a baby throwing multiple temper tantrums. I'm still irritated beyond belief that Ramsey would run after such a pathetic human such as David. Get rid of that loser.
  • Shocked and Appalled

I could hardly believe it as I watched Gordon Ramsey running after David and kissing his rear end - begging him to come back. What about the "RULES" that got a promising young chef ejected over a three second error in timing?! How arbitrary can you get?! As Chef Ramsey so often says, DAMN!"
  • Has Gordon Ramsey lost his mind

I have watched Master Chef every season since it has started and I have to say this will be my last season. I can not believe that with the attitude that David portrayed this season and Gordon Ramsey chasing after him begging him to return to the kitchen, and then letting Dan go at the end of the challenge. Then the next episode where David competes against Tenoria, and David leaves something off each plate for the challenge and not just one item but numerous, Tenoria had perfect plating of each dish, yes her pork tenderloin was rare, but the judging should have been for the overall dish, again David is safe and again David had an attitude the entire show. If this is the type of person Gordon Ramsey wants to promote as a Master Chef I am done this year with the show. It is sad that good cooks and good attitudes were sent home to save David each and every time.
  • Disappointed

I don't typically rate shows but I just had to after this past weeks episode. I agree with the other reviews posted. I am so disappointed with how Chef Ramsey handled things with regards to David's temper tantrum. I lost a whole lot of respect for him and the show. Never did I think Chef Ramsey would bother going after David. David did not deserve to go on and then to pick on poor Dan after that display by David. Dan wasn't the best cook but did deserve to move on based on David's outburst. I don't think I will continue to watch the show.
  • Seriously?

I've been watching Master Chef for years and it's one of my favorites. I love the creativity of the challenges and I love connecting to home cooks that have a true passion for bettering themselves, as well as their families. To watch David advance and see Dan sent home has left me shocked, upset, outraged, and disheartened. What the hell? David has been difficult to watch for pretty much the whole season now, but especially the last several episodes. The episode where he throws the champagne bottle and Christina tells him that his display of anger would get him thrown out of any kitchen and to not send him home then was already ridiculous, but hey, it's a second chance, so get your shit together. I can go with that. But to watch him cuss out another competitor, take his apron off, give up, and walk out of the kitchen only to be persuaded to come back and to be told by fucking Gordon Ramsey that he has respect for him and to not give up. Are you kidding me? At that point I knew that he would go to the top 4. To see Gordon yell at so many home cooks throughout the seasons and to have such a high regard for respect in the kitchen and then to watch him treat David in such a forgiving and helpful manner. I mean, did David offer him a few million from his poker winnings? Come on. What the fuck did this show get in order for David to advance? I am more than sad to say that I am no longer going to watch this show. I can't allow myself to support something that goes against everything I believe in. There's a difference in not liking the winner because they're just not your cup of tea and then there's David. Someone who was given multiple chances and still all he can do is whine, cry, and look like a serial killer. They give this douche a ton of chances. Nope. I've absolutely had it. You can't send that kind of message out. I have no respect for Gordon Ramsey anymore and he should be ashamed and embarrassed for supporting someone with absolutely no conviction and sending truly passionate and wonderful home cooks home. Good bye Master Chef.
  • Good TV that has become terrible

After watching this episode, I am finally fed-up with Ramsey and his co-hosts. He runs after David who throws another tantrum and then keeps him on the show and sends Dan home. What message is he trying to send? David may be a good cook but he does not have the attitude of a winner. I decided to give this show another chance when they gave a prior award to Claudia who was not the best on that show either. At least she was a decent cook who acted like a grown-up.

I will never watch this show again. This could be one of the premiere cooking shows on television, but they have made it a joke. To leave a childish, tantrum throwing poker player on the show after he has repeatedly shown his immaturity is absurd. I wonder who is running FOX. You continue to cancel good programming . Master Chef and Ramsey need to be shown the door. The man is a fool who may know how to cook, but has the sense and personality of a junkyard dog, not only on this show, but on all of his programs..

Goodbye and good riddance. I have lost all respect for FOX and its programming.
  • Masterchef disappointed

I Love masterchef and I have seen ignorant people and that's fine but David has a horrible temper and cares about nothing but himself for Chef Ramsey to bring him back was a big disappointment. I won't watch the rest of this season because if the show is about giving someone with no respect for others and a horrible temper and chance to become masterchef and be rewarded for that I won't ever watch again. I will miss the show but they should have gotten rid of him after his temper in the beginning what does that show others also him winning for better pork was a joke hers was under cooked but if she would have left the other ingredients off her plate hers would have done as well. So that's crap. Bad choices for the a shame. Things like that can ruin a show. Poor judgement.
  • I'm done & I hate it

The special treatment David received last night after his total lack of respect for what a competition is all about, is simply WRONG! What kind of message does this send to his daughter? You can act like a big baby, cus out your fellow competitors, quit & walk out... and Gordon (of all people) will let you back in the competition?? This is not fair on any level, and I'm SO sad to say that I will never watch this show again. I hate it, because it's one of my favorite shows. I wish there was a way to comment directly to the producers & Fox.
  • Dissapointed on so many levels

The judges (especially christina) pick favorites and everyone else they will find the smallest excuse to go home. Christina picks on people she doesnt like. This show either needs to fix the judging or I will not be tuning in next season.
  • that wasnt right on every level

Tenoria should never have been sent home. Her meals were complete not like David's. If she didn't have to make all the sauces she could have focused more on the pork. You let David get away with whatever he does. Not a class act for a masterchef. Before the challenge started you should have specified that the pork would be the only thing that was being judged, not the plating, sauces or detail in the dishes that were shown.
  • This is my final season for me, I can't stand it anymore.

1.5
    I used to be a long time fan (guilty pleasure and I got a free cookbook twice through Fox) and have been able to put up with the bullshit, but enough is enough. From having competitors that are nothing but drama that skate further into the competition (Cutter S5 and David Martinez S4) despite being mediocre (at least compared to everyone else), Season 5 Courtney winning despite her salted donuts and salted cherries, annoying voice and advertising her flashy expensive heels while playing the"I'm a stripper struggling to pay her rent" (The people at reddit looked her and found out she was full of shit). Many judges picking favorites and going out of their way(more like cheating) to help certain contestants even when it goes to far. For example last season Christina took Claudia's cake out when it was done before it could overcook, and Gordon telling Nathan the rice was done and didn't need cooking. Let's not even get started with Claudia beating Derrick at the finale despite Derrick having the better dishes.

The constant reminder of their lives, personality, where they're from, etc gets so old everyone season mostly in the last 3 seasons including this one.

This season having so many annoying contestants including Nathan with his Pee Wee Herman like voice and shtick (not sure how he stuck around for so long), Brandi reminding us of that she's from a small town in Kentucky, and Dan with annoying frat boy and Van Wilder personality.

Terry who you could argue was the best chef was eliminated despite having the better dish than Tanorria earlier in the season. My final straw was that manchild David. His tantrums were too much, from not being saved earlier this season after losing the team challenge, to throwing a champagne bottle on the floor because he couldn't get it open in time, but this last example is one of the biggest bullshit favoritism that is shown repeatedly through this show.

He throws a major hissy fit after getting a shitty basket made by Dan, takes off his apron and walks off, ONLY to be stopped and convinced by Gordon Ramsey to go back and cook (he cries too). Worst of all Dan was eliminated instead of David that episode. The following one he tries to throw another hissy fit when several portions of duck were undercooked, luckily we were spared since it wasn't the full amount going out. During elimination you see him getting frustrated and need talking to by Gordon AGAIN. While his meats were cooked better, he left several ingredients on his 3 plates back at the station because he didn't work on them from being frustrated. Any they chose to judge based on the plate instead of the WHOLE dish which meant that David is going to the final 3.

The more I've watched this show, the more I know they want more drama and villains rather than cooking. At least two of these people who won MasterChef really shouldn't have won and I by that I mean Courtney and Claudia, but hey, gotta choose the person with either the better sob story , life story and/or the one with the more appealing cookbook right? I mean a Southern, Asian, Italian, and Mexican have more appeal than some average joe with fancy techniques and skills right?
  • Brutal

Will never watch this show again. Replication challenge ,,,not get lucky with cooking pork challenge. Tinorria's dishes were almost perfectly done and is twice the chef of the baby whiner David. Nice example you set for young people and aspiring chefs watching your show chef Ramsey. Favouritism at its finest. Good bye Masterchef I'm done with you and I know I'm not alone. Pathetic.
  • Totally Disappointef

How can you award such a person as David for his total unprofessionalism and unsportsmanship. You team has lost touch in awarding losers and kicking out Dan which attempted what he was dealt. The questioning of Dan was uncalled for. I didnt see you ask Dan what his plan was for his original dish. Total fan of show but you left a sour taste in my mouth tonight.
  • Sad and Shameful

Really lost a lot of respect for this show how can you let David into the finals with the way he acted tonight just not fair especially to the young lady that lost. Come on Ramsey you are so much better than this will not watch final I think its already been decided David will win a disgrace
  • Masterchef Not

Are you EFFING kidding me! The so called home cook David has been babied, not once but twice, by chef Ramsey. Ramsey, how the hell can you justify putting up with his crap and give up blame others attitude, while another cook that has never given up is sent walking.

Ramsey Outrageous and Shameful
  • Predictable judges favorites as usual

Pretty clear to me from the start that Shaun will win. It's like they purposely chose a couple of "home" chefs (yeah right) who have obviously had professional experience or training because they stand so far apart from everyone AND they seem to know way too many fancy techniques that no home chef would ever know. Every year I can spot the winner within the first few episodes.

Christine either tries too hard to be phony sweet or over the top yet equally phony, mean. Then there is Katie who is prob the biggest a** kisser in front of Ramsey and in her behind the scenes dialogue and the Brandi comes across arrogant and waaayy too excited. I have nothing against any of them though because you can tell they are all coached to act a certain way is all I am trying to point out.

The kids version of Materchef is even worse in all of the above. Last year the winner - from day 1 - I cld tell that the baseball cap worn backwards was just another producer's gimmick to try to make the kids look cutesy. Every year on both shows they choose the same varies personalities whether real of coached idk. One of each: an aggressive or rude one, a cocky one, 1 shy, quite a few physically attractive (most good home cooks I know are a tad overweight and older than these yearly casts, which screams biased and discriminating). I am dinging myself watching the show less and less and usually only cz there is nothing else on.