Masters of Horror Forums

Showtime (ended 2007)

" Disasters of Horror" more like it.

Dirtypudding

[1]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    This season has been terrible. The only good episode was the one with Meatloaf in it. Why is this season so bad? Each episode feels like it's 2 hours long.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RedErik

[2]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 4
    I agree that this season has been suffering from the "sophomore jinx". The only episodes I've truly enjoyed have been "Pelts" (the one with Meatloaf) and "The Black Cat" (with the superb Jeffrey Combs). But hey: that's Hollywood, eh? If an idea strikes gold, recycle it and send it out again. How else can you explain American Idol and Survivor? Great ideas in season 1, make ya wanna carve your eyes out with a grapefruit spoon by season 4.

chris17blue

[3]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 10

Dirtypudding wrote:
    This season has been terrible. The only good episode was the one with Meatloaf in it. Why is this season so bad? Each episode feels like it's 2 hours long.

I completely agree with you. I loved the first season, but the second season has been a disaster. The only episodes I liked were  "Family", "Pelts", and "Right to die".

Edited on 01/30/2007 7:24pm

nc17green

[4]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 5
    I have to agree. These guys are starting to take themselves a little to seriously. Give us more jolts and less political satire. I mean really, Homecomming although good was a that rarest of animals a message delivered without being heavy handed. Pure Luck.

sfviewer

[5]Feb 1, 2007
    • level: 27
    perhaps the showtime network is focusing more on ratings instead of the quality of the  show, that's why the scripts are taken for granted.

horrorkiller

[6]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 1

well yes season two isnt as great as season two, but pelts was an awful episode. The Screwfly Solution even though many people have been saying its not horror at all, but just "grade b sci-fi", was a very well done episode. It was gore based, extremely entertaining to watch many gruesome murders, an amazing concept, and plus the idea of aliens killing all the humans is terrifying to me, i mean the end of human civilization doesnt take priority over coon skins who cause their wearers to comically mutilate themselves. thats pretty ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as the oh-so-famous and terrible imprint. i cant believe that being the first episode i had seen that i continued to watch. now right to die, was decently entertaining and i believe belongs to be part of the best episodes of season two, but family was quite unoriginal and very dissapointing. how did people not mention "the black cat"?  Not only was it very very entertaining, and filled with great actors, but it was a dedication to a horror legend far above the ranks of stephen king or john carpenter (i must say that "cigarette burns" was brilliant and my favorite episode of the series by far). I just dont understand the taste of the reviews given to most of the episodes.

Oh yeah. I agree the political satire is getting pretty old, the washingtonians could have been a decent episode, if the ending was changed.

marvelfan89

[7]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 39

Dirtypudding wrote:

That episode was beyond idiotic. Hell it wasn't even scary it was just funny in a dumb, dumb way. This season has been ok, there have been a few episodes I enjoyed.

MyBorDy

[8]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 4
    This season has been so disappointing, the only good episodes were "Screwfly solution", "Sounds like", "V Word", "Family", "The Wasingtonians" and "The black cat". The rest were awful awful. I'm so disliked with they.
    Edited on 02/15/2007 8:59am

RockSiren

[9]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    Im with you, I have very mixed feelings about this season.  'Family' rocked.  But in an age where every SINGLE station has politics etc on it, it would be nice not to have our horror series "a horror fans' horror-fan" about the same thing as well.  I found myself actually falling asleep during Washingtonians, which actually was not bad.  One of the better ones of this season...strange ending though,.

number48

[10]Jul 24, 2007
    Season Two was alright by my standards but I have to admit that I am annoyed by the whole political messaging implicated into these tales of terror. Such thoughts are The Damned Thing (environmentalism and where the hell you can dig for your oil that it won't disturb nature), Pro-Life (there can't be any more killing of fetuses), Pelts (PETA "Fur is murder" stuff), The Screwfly Solution (once again environmentalism and how we are doing terrible things to the earth), Right to Die (I think we can figure this Schiavo issue out) and The Washingtonians (an odd shot at the Bush adminstration especially with that corny dollar gag). Still, I had favorites such as Family, The Black Cat and the aforementioned Peltsand Right to Die.

MyNameIsYogourt

[11]Aug 20, 2007
    Family was the only great episode.

HolyPrincess

[12]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 9

For Me Season 1 was great id like only 6/13 episodes but in Season 2 i only like 3/13 episodes