Masters of Horror Forums

Showtime (ended 2007)

Official Discussion Thread - "Pro- Life" (Spoilers)

VillaFan

[1]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 43
    Please discuss the episode "Pro-Life" in this thread. These threads will appear each week to prevent topics repeating themselves on the forum.

Episode Summary

Pro-Life tells the story of a young girl trapped inside a clinic who discovers the only thing more dangerous than her pursuers is the demonic secret that she carries within her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MissKittyXO

[2]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 8
    Wow, this stunk. Poor writing, bad acting and over the top special effects. I was expecting a lot better.  

wallness

[3]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 9
    Agreed. This is among of the worst in the whole series. I like Caitlin Wachs, but she obviously can't act. I'm really disappointed in this episode.

diaboyos

[4]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 6
    This is definitely the episode to watch if you're having trouble getting to sleep. It knocked me right out. The acting sucked, the music sucked, the special effects sucked. The fake blood when they were using the vacuum on the doctor couldn't have been any more obviously fake. Another 20 dollars worth of special effects right there wouldn't have hurt. Were they running a bet on how many loose ends could be left wide open as well? I'm very disappointed in Carpenter with this episode and with the entire Masters of Horror show in general. They really need to get their **** together and make some real horror films and not the crap they've been dishing out.

wallness

[5]Nov 26, 2006
    Oh my. It's directed by Carpenter? I wasn't aware of it. How could he allow his name to be attached to this?

cdogg6705isback

[6]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 14
    I haven't seen the episode yet but I don't know if I want to see it now.

RockSiren

[7]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 7
    It was "okay"- but c'mon, could the devil have been more stereotyped? And yeah about the fake blood- I was expecting chunks or something.

TYDrace

[8]Nov 29, 2006
    Actually, I enjoyed this episode quite a lot. Fake blood? Meh. Bad acting? Hell no. Bad writing? Hmmm... could've been better, but it's a lot above Dance of the Death. So far of season 2, my top 3 is:

Family
    Pro-Life
    Sounds Like

RockSiren

[9]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 7
    Actually Dance of the Dead was one of my favs from last season (the absolute favorite being Incident...). I dont know why, but Im going to confess, you cannot take my opinion on that one too seriously...I think I just found Jonathan Tucker extremely hot in that one. And thats all.

BekkaLass

[10]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 16
    This episode was a huge stinker.. I could see Carpenter's The Thing(brilliant for it's time) influence all over it with the demon spawn but that couldn't save this nasty mess. The violence was gratuitous, the acting mediocre to awful, the demon was just laughable, I guess the only redeeming quality was Cody Carpenter(his son)'s music for this episode but even that was a clone of Daddy John. I also think the pro-life agenda is a topic left alone for individual decision not a horror show episode. Rotten, stunk to highest heaven.. I gave it a 1 and that's generous.

Jamescush

[11]Apr 15, 2007

That was bad. A bunch of one note characters, more 'evil' Hollywood-ish Christians and some guy in a rubber demon costume.

and the most annoying part..the father and son want to get to get to the daughter ASAP, but take a good ten minutes to torture a man. WTF?  Oh yeah, they are 'evil' Hollywood-sh Christians.

Pelts was better.

jwd55152

[12]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 5
    it anyone else notice that when the father killed the security guard he nearly blow his head off with a hand gun. but in the next shot of the guard he barley Had a scratch. wtf, that was some horrible editing.

Jamescush

[13]May 6, 2007

jwd55152 wrote:
    it anyone else notice that when the father killed the security guard he nearly blow his head off with a hand gun. but in the next shot of the guard he barley Had a scratch. wtf, that was some horrible editing.

In one of the Extras on the dvd Carpenter said about it, something like 'F*** continuity, this looks cool.'

Something like that.

(my dvd is elsewhere)

MyNameIsYogourt

[14]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 5
    I think Carpenter was too busy negotiating his paycheck while he didn't give a f*** about the fog's remake ... among others things to screw his career up
    Edited on 06/12/2007 4:55am

DuelMark

[15]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 35

This is the one episode of Masters of Horror I want to see. Caitlin Wachs is one of my favorite actresses that I have a small crush on... I consider that demon lucky

I wanted to see Jenifer but I got grossed out when she ate that little girl and the boy's penis...