Masters of Horror Forums

Showtime (ended 2007)

"The Washingtonians" is the best episode ever of MoH (Spoilers)

hlbimage

[1]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 5
    This is probably my favorite episode so far of the series. It has everything that scared the heck out of me. The flashback about George Washington becoming a canibal was awsome and probably made alot of sense if it really happened in real life. The writing was alright but the creapiness of it was great. The ending was like WTF because instead of having George Washington on the one dollar bill anymore. They have George Bush instead because the truth has been revealed to the world. The acting was of course normal, some of them cheesy but not great. There's alot of bloody disgusting human limbs in this episode but no nudity which was fine. Only one more episode left of this season. Man I hope they can get Clive Baker or Steven Spielberg directing something. Those two are the missing link in this series.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RedErik

[2]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 4
    Couldn't disagree more. I don't even think it was the best this season. Personally, I think MoH has lost some of its rookie-sensation spark, and in it's sophomore year is becoming more and more like a new generation "Tales from the Crypt", but even so, there have been better episodes than this - especially "The Black Cat" which had far better acting (Jeffrey Combs, 'nuff said), wondefully grisly, and a far more compelling storyline.

I love the idea of a cannibal Washington, but I would have preferred to have seen the resultant chaos and anarchy a revelation like that would have wrought on American society instead of the predictable path the director chose for this episode. He holds up the dollar bill at the end and basically challenges us: "C'mon, wouldn't you prefer a cannibal president over this guy???" Well, duh, of course I would... (if I could vote, but I can't, cuz I'm Canadian) ...but where's the anarchy? Where's the chaos and bloodshed in the streets? A secret like this would certainly trigger a new civil war, so show me that, instead! For my money, the best episode I've seen is "Dreams in the Witch House"... but I'm still anxious to see even a bootleg copy of "Imprint". The previews I've seen look absolutely horrific.

Whade

[3]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 9
    RedErik wrote:
    but I'm still anxious to see even a bootleg copy of "Imprint". The previews I've seen look absolutely horrific.

"imprint" was very disappointing to me, i don't get why it wasn't aired. does anyone know? too boring perhaps?

horrorkiller

[4]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 1
    eh. this episode was actually pretty ridiculous to me. somewhat like the jenifer or the homecoming. the idea of the story seems just far too ridiculous. i also agree that imprint was a terrible terrible episode and probally more ridiculous than the other episodes. im still not understanding why people enjoyed certain season two episodes, like "pelts" which had an awful storyline and pretty terrible acting, meatloaf apparently isnt very good at acting over episodes like "the screwfly solution" which showcased gore, an awesome concept, and played on the emotions that this could happen by aliens (for all of those who believe in aliens) which i dont have much a stand on and the fact that this could happen by terrorists as well. the end of the world seems like something that should be played more on, in the sci-fi and horror genres, and yes i believe that the end of the world does fit in horror and not just sci-fi and aliens as well. i mean look at the alien series that **** was scary when i first saw it.