Official Discussion Thread - "Jerry Was a Man" (Spoilers)

VillaFan

[1]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 43
    Please discuss the episode "Jerry Was a Man" in this thread. These threads will appear each week to prevent topics repeating themselves on the forum.

Episode Summary

This futuristic episode revolves the seventh richest couple in the world. Their lives take a turn when they acquire an anthropoid named Jerry.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 17
    I thought it was going to be better from the previews.

After I saw it I read review and I guess it's better if you know the writer's work. The characters were so annoying but I guess that was the point.

I think that maybe the story could have fit in 30 minutes and would have been better that way.

TelFan7

[3]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 6

I knew from the previews that this wasn't going to be a good episode. Unfortunately (so far) each episode is less good the the previous one. I no longer consider this series to be a modern-day equivelent of either of the original series' of "The Twilight Zone" or "The Outer Limits". It just doesn't measure-up to those CLASSICS!!!

Hopefully they can end with a bang in the next and final broadcast episode starring Brian Dennehy and John Hurt.

miless

[4]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 4
    Well I actually liked that episode best so far.The similarities to "Bicentennial Man" really hit a cord there.And the surreal and snobbish characters add up pretty good.I mean who knows what the future will be like.If my grandmother knew when she was young that just 50 years later girls will wear skirts shorter than their undies and boys will dye their hair green and pierce their ears,noses,eyebrows and so on,she'd be dropping plates.

Banjo4321

[5]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 8
    Was this shown last week? Last Saturday night on ABC was a football game, so I thought this episode was delayed until this week. Maybe it was a local thing only? This really sucks.

spuck_

[6]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 12
    TelFan7 wrote:

I knew from the previews that this wasn't going to be a good episode. Unfortunately (so far) each episode is less good the the previous one. I no longer consider this series to be a modern-day equivelent of either of the original series' of "The Twilight Zone" or "The Outer Limits". It just doesn't measure-up to those CLASSICS!!!

Hopefully they can end with a bang in the next and final broadcast episode starring Brian Dennehy and John Hurt.

You're probably right, first was good second was way worse, so I'm not gonna watch ep 3 and 4. At least I got 7 wonderful seasons of Outer Limits. Never seen Twilight Zone though, gonna get the dvds.