Masters of Science Fiction

Aired Saturday 10:00 PM Aug 18, 2007 on ABC

7.1
  • Lacks virtue

5.5
    I could probably repeat what I said about the "A Clean Escape" episode here. However, this particular episode is alot worse.

This is an episode primarily devoted to the vitures [or lack thereof] of man. Set in a future full of robotics and agonizingly rich people who live the life of luxury w/o any appreciation of "true" human viture. It does convey its premise very well and provides a fairly logicial and slightly satisfying ending, but overall the episode was a disappointment.

Predominately the screenplay has been designed to showcase human vanity to the extreme. It touches upon egocentricity, arrogance, self-absorption and briefly dips its toe into the murky pool of what is the definition of sentience.

Alas, despite the cast the screenplay lacks any action or for that matter drama. The cornerstone of the entire plot - the 'Jerry' character apart from initially being funny just descend into a repetitive droning that will morph your desire into impatience for the story to be told. Acting is fine and the sets are amiable. They do combine well for the setting, but unfortunately without a pulsating plot to drive this story, I was left feeling that Id just wasted the hour.

Only the ending provides a scene worthy of spending any time on this, which in no way validates any effort I spent watching this episode.

If you never watch, you havent missed anything.