A Masters of Sex Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on Showtime (Returning September 11, 2016)

Showtime has renewed its dramas Masters of Sex and Ray Donovan for third seasons, the network announced Wednesday.

“Both Ray Donovan and Masters of Sex are quintessentially Showtime: bold, provocative, premium television with production values at the top of the food chain,” Showtime President David Nevins said in a statement. “These acclaimed shows are filled with complex and interesting characters and settings that will no doubt give audiences compelling television to invest in for seasons to come.”

Masters of Sex stars Lizzy Caplan and Michael Sheen as real-life sex researchers Virginia Johnson and William Masters and follows the pair as their working relationship evolves into a personal affair.

Ray Donovan stars Liev Schreiber as the title character, a "fixer" who works for a powerful law firm in Los Angeles.

Both series are currently in their second seasons and air Sunday nights on Showtime.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/27/2015

Season 3 : Episode 12

22 Comments
Comments (22)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Love both of these Series!
Flag
Yeah Showtime, Just add 3 or 4 seasons to Ray Donovan, I will pay you.
Flag
Master of sex is great. Ray not so much. Master of sex is exploring different stories in season two and have done it well so far.

I had only made it to the second episode of Ray this season and from what I have seen, it is the same thing as last year. More daddy issues, more of the same insane family dramas. I just wish they had fresh stories to tell.

I really enjoyed the honorable woman and currently enjoying peaky blinders since season two is coming soon.
Flag
Good. Stick with quality, Showtime.
Flag
I'm making a pact with myself right now that I'll have caught up with both these series by the time their third season air. I only watched the first five or so episodes of Ray Donovan's first season, and loved it, but due to other television commitments it fell by the wayside. And I've only heard great things about Masters of Sex, and I generally like everything Showtime does... Now I just need the time!
Flag
I love both shows , so I consider this a WIN :)
Flag
I adore Liev Schreiber, and what little I've watched of Ray Donovan was okay, but not spectacular. But is any watching it?
Flag
Ray Donovan can be accurately described as "not spectacular".

It has its moments. It has some great characters. It's something to watch.
Flag
I'm watching it! But the show as a whole is just okay.
Flag
Both shows are having exceptional sophomore runs. Just wish they hadn't turned 'Libby' into a racist overnight. Writers need us to dislike her for some reason before the divorce (??) I guess.... but her now being uber-racist was kind of out of left field especially with her story from last season.
Flag
Thanks for the insights. It just seems odd when she had such an interesting relationship (for one episode) last year with 'Walter' the handyman tango instructor who treated her better, and seemed to have more of an affinity towards her and she him, in that one episode than between her and Masters for the entire series. Maybe I'm just drawn in by the resigned sadness Caitlin Fitzgerald brings to this part and don't want to dislike 'Libby'. Happy 'Libby' is so rare but so fantastic when she appears. I just want her to catch a break. Any break.

They really gave Annaleigh Ashford ('Betty') a bigger piece of the story this year and she has been one of the best parts of this second season. She is such an interesting character and Ashford just owns every scene she is in. Poor 'Gene' may be the first part I've actually enjoyed Greg Grunberg in. Its different and more difficult from the parts he normally gets and he's been enjoyable to watch. They really didn't need to add Sarah Silverman as 'Helen' to that story to make it better. Would have liked to see how that part would have been cast if Silverman wasn't the girlfriend of the lead.

Best couple this season though was DePaul and Virginia. You just wanted every scene with Julianne Nicholson and Lizzy Caplain to go on forever. Those two have been so good together and its the conclusion was so sad yet so wonderful.

One big thing noticeably missing from this season I think we all can agree on is Allison Janney. I think when you miss a character, its portrayer was more than a 'Guess Star' .) This season she became a 'Guest Star' but not last year.

Thanks again for positing differing views on what is happening with 'Libby'. There isn't much conversation about this show around these parts anymore, its good to know people are still watching.

Thanks to all. Excellent points to consider.
More +
Flag
I don't think she's actually racist. I think its just because she's in denial about the fact that she secretly wants to bone her Nancy's brother.
Flag
I don't think those are mutually exclusive. I think she (like everyone then, and probably now, to some variable extent) is absolutely racist, but the new stresses in her life have triggered some very passive aggressive (and just aggressive) behavior. She has a new baby that her husband hasn't and apparently doesn't want to bond with, she herself is being ignored by him, he keeps losing his jobs because of his sex study but he doesn't tell her anything about it, his job shifts have entirely disrupted her previous social circles, she hardly ever gets out of the house, and Coral is better with the baby than she is. The only people she can take it out on are her nanny Coral and Coral's brother Roger.

I do agree that she's attracted to Roger—and probably also handyman and tango partner Walter from last season—and that part of her perception of him as dangerous is her own attraction to him, but I also think she's just generally sexually frustrated and, thinking Coral and Roger a couple, jealous of Coral, who boasted of his sexual prowess specifically to insult Libby.
Flag
CORRECTION: Coral's brother is Robert, not Roger.
Flag
Probably close to the truth. However I think it is more her treating someone like Dr. Master's treats her. This is basically the first subordinate that she has ever dealt with and she has no example other than how Master's treats her and those around her.
Flag
*nanny Ugh auto correct.
Flag
Both quality shows. Great news.
Flag
Is there any news on "Penny Dreadful"?
Flag
Four episodes into Penny Dreadful‘s freshman run, Showtime has picked up a second season of the psychological thriller from James Bond writer John Logan, which weaves together classic horror origin stories. Penny Dreadful Renewed Season 2Logan is already deep into the writing of the second season, whose order is for 10 episodes, up from the eight-episode Season!
Source: http://deadline.com/2014/06/penny-dreadful-renewed-for-second-season-showtime-739971/
Flag
I believe it was already renewed earlier, I mean way earlier.
Flag
Excellent! Thank you.
Flag
This is great news, Masters of Sex is one the greatest shows out there
Flag
Follow this Show
Members