A Masters of Sex Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on Showtime (Returning September 11, 2016)

Quit being perverts, we're talking about the new Michael Sheen/Lizzy Caplan Showtime series Masters of Sex. It's about some folks you may have heard of, William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the pioneers of the science of human sexuality. Hear that? It's about science. And nudity, but mostly science. And it looks good

What do you think? Are you planning to check out Masters of Sex in September?

27 Comments
Comments (35)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Just watch the pilot, it was very good. Well pace, not over gratificatious sex scene and main leads acted well and pretty to watch.
Flag
How novel, a show with a cast being, well, debunked whist showing its debunked 'science' story.
Count me both in and out, I guess.
Flag
I think it looks good and am in for a few episodes, probably. Wish they'd given it a more subtle name though, I feel like I would want to recommend because I'd have to explain a whole lot.
Flag
looks like it could be good. I'm all in & looking forward to it.

One thing that was going through my head while watching the trailer is how big the ratings drop off for the second week will be. With a name like 'Masters of Sex' on Starz I foresee oodles of people expecting a total T&A fest (which I strongly doubt it will be) It seems to me more like a type of medical drama that focuses on sexuality rather than sex.

I betcha there will be alot disappointed complaints like "Oh god, it was sooo boooring!" after the 1st ep airs. I could be wrong though. We'll see.
Flag
This looks really good! I thought I would hate it; I normally hate things that are trying too hard to be sexy but this could work. Does anyone know who the creators of this series are, and whether they have done solid work in the past?
Flag
Ah, the logo...I see...when you turn the E on its back, the negative space kinda looks like a woman's crotch...you saucy dogs, Showtime...
Flag
I like Showtime, Sheen, and Caplan, so I want to watch and enjoy this show, but, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I think am too conservative for this show. I'm a fan or revolutionary television, but I couldn't help but think throughout the whole trailer the same thing Beau Bridges character says: 'It's smut Bill'
Flag
I'll watch.

I studied sex in university and learned that no women want to have sex with me.
Flag
Definitely watching ! I was persuade my wife to watch too :-)
Flag
Don't know if I'll love the show, but there's nothing wrong in some casual weekly encounters, is there?
Flag
Really, nothing says you HAVE to love it...but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it, I suppose.
Flag
I know. I was just trying to subtly reference what Caplan's character said in the trailer about love and sex. Wasn't that successful I guess..
Flag
If it's any consolation, I got the joke & smiled, so your success is subjective I guess :P
Flag
if there's nudity.
Flag
wasn't there a movie adaptation about these two?
Flag
I keep thinking the same thing...it seems like within the last few years. Like WavSlave said we might be thinking of Kinsey or maybe Hysteria with Maggie Gyllenhaal. But boy I could swear I heard about a different project specifically about Masters & Johnson...
Flag
It's /possible/ that you're thinking of the Liam Neeson film "Kinsey" but I could be wrong.
Flag
yes, I think "Kinsey" could be what I was thinking of, thanks. I remember thinking it was a couple years ago or more and was also about studying sex. So I was wondering why no one was mentioning the movie.
Flag
I was thinking of that but its a different person Liam was playing right?
Flag
Yes, that was about Alfred Kinsey, another noted researcher in that field.
Flag
Oh miss Lizzy Caplan, my beautiful tv wife, you can do no wrong.
Flag
Yes yes yes! I love Lizzy Caplan!
Flag
Do I get to see Lizzy Caplan's boobs a lot? Because that's important.
Flag
It is important, but I expect we wont see any nudity from her. I assume it'll be like almost every other Showtime show where the leads don't show nudity but some supporting or recurring characters will (Dexter, Homeland, Californication, House of Lies, Episodes, etc.)
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Based on the trailer, I would say no. I know that not even Spartacus had boobs in the trailer, but what we see here is people going out of their way to make sure that everything is covered up. (See 2:32 in particular). That suggests that the entire show will be like that.
Flag
Yea, if not that could be a deal breaker.
Flag
Ummmm ... Is this for real?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members