Matantei Loki Ragnarok Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2003)

"Flower of Illusion" Question...

Avearia

[1]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 14
    Ok, for anyone who watched the "Flower of Illusion" episode, I've got a Question... Why did Loki's eye turn red? I don't get it...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sango_Kilala373

[2]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 2
    Loki's secialty is magic. So, I'm guessing his magic made his eye glow to show that Odin was there. As in, he sensed Odin's presence.

This is what I get for watching the whole series in Japanese.

Avearia

[3]Jan 5, 2007
    I can't speak Japanese. I sometimes will put it on Japanese with English subtitles to help me learn a word or two (and sometimes they say... other things [like innapropriate things, for one!] in Japan's version that is left out of the english version. *sigh* Thanks, I guess that sort of answers my question.

Lady_Celest

[4]Apr 1, 2007
    • level: 12
    you can't really trust fan-subs no matter what the populous says. The Japanese don't Cuss as bad as some fan-dubs say they are.

Avearia

[5]Aug 6, 2007
    You're wrong, they do, but at the same time they don't. The Japanese don't actually... well, they don't really HAVE swear words like we do. they aren't all that big of a deal over there, so even little kids can swear their mouths off and no one thinks anything of it; it's just not that big of a deal. Since we don't have words with the same meanings that carry the same amount of weight in the words, we have to use major-minor cuss words to explain what they're saying. Thus, the subtitles are correct, but only as correct as they can be when going between the language barrier.