Mathnet

The Case of the Purloined Policies

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 04, 1991 on PBS

• Definitely a tense, yet funny episode!

I consider this episode among my favorites, with John Moschitta, Jr., the world's fastest talker (according to Guinness) as the culprit: "Yours truly," Johnny Dollar (of course, I didn't quite get much of his "Tolouse Lautrec" joke in the Tuesday show). This episode taught me a lot about insurance policies (auto insurance, bike insurance, life insurance, etc.). I even learned about double-indemnity. One of my favorite parts of the episode was during the Friday show, when while George, Benny, and Stanley were searching Dollar's apartment, George was narrating, but mentioned that Pat was more used to doing voice-overs than he is. But I heard somewhere this wasn't the first time George did any narration in Mathnet. And I kinda liked that running gag about George's darts, him denying a 3rd dart, even though he accidentally threw the 3rd dart out the window (and it landed in a tire in Stanley's bicycle before it was stolen). I also liked the scene in the Wednesday show when Pat and George repeatedly denied Casper Floosh's offers for any insurance policies.

Rating: 4.75 out of 5 stars.