Matlock Forums

ABC (ended 1995)

Daughter(s)?

Raiders1637

[1]Mar 1, 2006
    • level: 4
    Was Matlock supposed to have 2 different daughters(Charlene & LeAnne) or was it just one daughter and they just changed her name because it was a different actress? Just wondering.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cleonile2000

[2]Apr 19, 2006
    • level: 3
    I never remember them referencing two daughters. I think we were supposed to take each daughter as Matlock's 'only' daughter. Too bad, really. That always bothered me that the audience was supposed to be dumb enough to not remember how the previous daughter looked. Give us more credit. I still love Matlock. I just wish they did a better job of incorporating both daughters into the script.

pickie_bickie

[3]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 3
    What I found most interesting is that LeAnn guest starred on the show before becoming his daughter...And as a side note, the actress who played Michelle Thomas, did also.

grizwiz45

[4]Feb 1, 2007
    • level: 1
    I think I remember one episode where one daughter (blythe) and Matlock referenced "her sister" I also wish they would have explored that more as well,.

GiantScaryHead

[5]Feb 3, 2007
    • level: 2
    pickie_bickie wrote:
    What I found most interesting is that LeAnn guest starred on the show before becoming his daughter...And as a side note, the actress who played Michelle Thomas, did also.

Yep. Leanne (Brynn Thayer) played Roxanne Windemere in The Suspect. There was so much chemistry between her and Andy Griffith, I'm not surprised the producers wanted her back full time. (Not a sexual chemistry...the two characters just worked well off each other.)

HylanKnight

[6]May 19, 2007
    Well, when a show goes for that long, sometimes its hard to keep the story straight when the actors are coming and going. I'm pretty sure Matlock was only supposed to have one daughter, whether its Charlene or LeAnne.

JaclynMrgn

[7]Jul 24, 2007
    He says in the Pilot that it was difficult raising a daughter alone. If he was meant to have more than one daughter, he would have said "daughters" because that would have been even MORE difficult.