Matlock Forums

ABC (ended 1995)

Favorite group of actors?

jamoon2006

[1]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 36

Does anyone else have a favorite, or preferred, cast from the show's run? Of course Andy Griffith remained throughout, but his supporting players changed regularly.

My favorite cast of the show would have to be from the years when Nancy Stafford, Clarence Gilyard, Jr. and Julie Sommars were backing Andy Griffith. I never liked Daniel Roebuck on the show, and the female PI wasn't as cool as Conrad or Tyler. I think Nancy Stafford was the best female "second chair," and I liked the romantic byplay with Julie. Personally, I think Matlock jumped the shark when it lost this bunch; the shows that they appeared in were terrific.

Anyone else?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

millerem99

[2]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 51

I just started watching this again on Hallmark, but when I watched it as a kid I liked Kene Holliday (Tyler) Nancy Stafford (Michelle Thomas) and (Cassie) best.

I always thought that Tyler esp. was likeable...just something cool and unruffled about him; Conrad was okay, but didn't fill the shoes entirely.

karlmeszaros

[3]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 106
    It's tough to say for me. I loved Season 1 with Charlene (Linda Purl) and Seasons 7 & 8 with Leanne (Brynn Thayer). There was something about the father /daughter relationship that I really enjoyed. I've seen these episodes twice and everything else once. I Loved Julie and preferred Tyler to Conrad. As I think about it, Season 7 & 8 were my favorites, but I enjoyed them all. Matlock is one of my Top 10 all time shows.

biffbronson

[4]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 15
    I liked both Nancy Stafford and Linda Purl's work a lot. It took me a while to warm up to Brynn Thayer's character, but I did appreciate her before long as well. I do think losing Nancy was really a tough break, though.

Raiders1637

[5]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    I really liked the Michelle years the most. I always thought LeAnne (Brynn Thayer) was a more believable daughter then Charlene(Linda Purl). Andy & her seemd to have good chemistry.

llcole51

[6]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 1

I really like Matlock. And I still watch alot of the reruns. It's on daily and my daughter is a really big fan of Andy Griffith. But on the Matlock show I am a little confused. It started out with 1 daughter named Charlene. She left the show and the Brieann came on and he says she is his only daughter. Is there a logical answer for this?

Patch1958

[7]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 3

I agree with the best cast line up of Conrad or Tyler, Julie, Michelle and Matlock. However, I did like Charlene in the first season. I tolerated Cliff, but despised his father, Billy and couldn't stand the daughter, Leanne. In fact, HOW many daughters did he have? It's ironic that his daughters were also attorneys.

millerem99

[8]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 51

For anyone still reading this forum...

Okay, Leanne is officially a yawn. What a boring character. Yeah, she is my least favorite sidekick/daughter/token blondie. Michelle is best, plus, there's not that awkward father-daughter moment when Michelle needs to seduce a suspect in order to garner information.