We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Matlock Forums

ABC (ended 1995)

Good Show

Raiders1637

[1]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 4
    I've always enjoyed watching this show whenever it comes on in reruns. There aren't many shows like it on anymore. Don't get me wrong I like the more serious dramas like CSI & NYPD Blue, but I've always also liked the less serious whodunit shows like this, Murder She Wrote & Columbo. The only one like it on today is Monk, which is very good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvshowfan

[2]May 4, 2006
    • level: 1

I love it too.

ARNF3tracy

[3]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 5
    I have a curious interest in Matlock.  If the show were to be available, "The Best of Matlock," I would probably get it even though l am on a tight budget.  I will look a little bit for a few downloads; I hope it's not illegal to get the show that way.  How does a person find out about an old show when the issue is still relevant?  If it were Andy Griffith himself, what episodes would he pick for the DVD?

joshjr

[4]Sep 17, 2006
    • level: 12
    I watch this show when ever I have time. It seems I have never seen the episode that it on to. I love it. I think it is so much better then say Columbo. But then I do not thik it is as good as the Wire or the Shield.

ARNF3tracy

[5]Sep 20, 2006
    • level: 5

Yeah, I know what you are saying, I just have a doubt.  Fred Silverman or who ever did the writing fixated on Andy Griffith.  He says he had a thought (so yeah), but Andy Griffith is no freshmen to TV.  You know bob.  Well, you are going to learn, but there is no history. 

What; the problem for a mature man; he becomes able to distinguish in a way probably deeper than managerial issues (like this goes with that).  For him, I am on the nicer side of telling you that Fred Silverman overheated while Andy Griffith was free and famously experiencing each episode on it merits. 

Yeah, they made changes to help with the writer's conscience.  Andy Griffith, functioning on a level after Existentialism had given way, discerned a situation in sociology.  Well, there is a closed system; and, there is a Paintbrush.  Yeah a little worried, I am going to accept in these modern times that something bad was found.  I'm trying not to get angry.  Please be patient.