Matlock

ABC (ended 1995)

karlmeszaros

Matlock Fan Reviews (28)

• What can be said about Matlock? One word sums it up. Classic.

This long airing show has long been a favorite of mine, despite the fact that I’d never seen an episode while it was still running. I discovered this show long after it came to an end and long after newer, modern courtroom dramas came onto the scene. Nevertheless, Matlock never failed to grab me and pull me and with every single episode I watch. The stories never got boring, even over the show’s long life span. The characters were likeable, and Ben Matlock’s charm never seemed to wear out on you. My personal favorite one of his private investigators was Conrad, however they all possessed a very similar quality, which may be interpreted as somewhat of a stereotype, but no-one seemed to notice so it doesn’t really matter.

All in all, this was a quality show that still stands up strong even in today’s tougher standards. This fact is shown perfectly by the fact that re-runs of the show can be seen on many networks, bringing out the fact that it has and will always have the classic appeal that can be appreciated by almost anyone.