Maude

CBS (ended 1978)

boechsner

Maude Fan Reviews (11)

• "Right On, Maude"

I love this show. I remember watching it occasionally in the the 70's and I liked it. However, it was when I was older, maybe 11 or 12, when I really started to enjoy it. Although I disagree with the political views of Bea Arthur and her Maude Findlay character, I still enjoy the show. This character can have you laughing in one scene and crying in the next. The other actors and actresses are just as wonderful. Bill Macy, Conrad Bain, who went on to play Mr. Drummond on "Diff'rent Strokes", is great as conservative Dr. Harmon. Walter's best friend and the Findlay's next door neighbor. I love watching him and Maude argue. Rue McClanahan as Maude's flighty best friend Vivian who ends up marrying Arthur Harmon, Adrienne Barbieu (sp?) as Carol Traynor, Maude's equally liberal daughter. Esther Rolle and Hermione Baddeley played the show's most memorable housekeepers, Florida Evans and Nell Naugutuck. Both actresses made these characters lovable for me. My favorite was Mrs. Naugutuck. She seemed to be drunk all the time. This is a show that I never get sick of watching, one of Norman Lear's best.
LOGO