Maurice Sendak's Little Bear

Nickelodeon (ended 2000)

SrRui

Maurice Sendak's Little Bear Fan Reviews (26)

• Little Bear was a delightful program about a bear and his friends in the forest but has gotten horrible read to find out why.

1.4
    First of all I liked little bear sooooooooooooooo much from the day it premired on Nickelodeon. But after the episode with the Thunder Monster, in my opinion the final classical episodeof Little Bear. I stopped watching. Duck Soup and all following episodes were awful! ! ! Little Bear was my favorite show from 1995-1997. Since then I lost Interest. I'd watch it when I was bored, however,
    I'd have to be veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy bored.
    After I heard of Little Bear ending production in 1998,
    I thought yahoooooooooo!. I watched what was to be the final episode. Only to see it return for a 1999-2000 season. The point is it lost all plot and the fin that drew me in. And now I plain don't watch it anymore.
  • I pretty much Don't like this show.

This little bear does stuff with his friends that's a cat,a duck,a owl,a chicken and a girl name Emily.This show is not terrible,it's just that I don't like it.I mean,I've seen it sometimes at 12:00 and it comes on right before I go to bed.Well,I don't do that anymore and I say this show looks a lot like Franklin.I mean,Little Bear is Franklin.I don't know about that but might I say that this show is not that horrible on Noggin.The only shows that are terrible on Noggin is Oobi,Wow Wow Wubbzy,The Upside Down Show,and Ni-ho Kilan and those are the shows that are really terrible on Noggin.
  • Little Bear is good show for kids.

I like Little Bear. It's good cartoon. I like the cat, owl. I didn't read the book in the same name of the cartoon. I like too see if the cartoon is the same the book. I got the The Little Bear Movie on DVD. I like see little bear. There's cat, owl, duck, hen, no feet, frog.

Father bear, Mother bear, Little bear.

Grandfather bear, Grandmother bear.

Little Bear called the snake no feet.

The reruns is on PBS Sprout.

Little Bear meet Brother Bear.

Father Bear is fisher bear.

Mother Bear keeps the house cleen.

Little Bear just want to play.

I wonder they did the three bears story?
  • One of Nick jr's Finest shows on the 1990's made by Nelvana. Much better then Franklin and Rupert.

My 59th review after: Rupert

This is one of Nelvana's most finest shows I have ever seen in my life. It's very cute and Charming and it's a Classic. Originally Based on the books eariler, and This cartoon sets place around in the Late 1800's Early 1900's, I think. It's about a Brown bear named Little Bear. But what kind of name is THAT?! If he grown, They would STILL call him Little bear?!?! crazy!!! There are also common Animal chracther names bascilly there are his friends all but 2 of his friends of his which one is a Girl and she has a Common Human name like Pam, Jill, Nancy, Her name is Emily, she ,ives with her Grandmother and her dog, Tutu. He has animal friends like: Cat, (does he have an owner and lives with someone? Is he like an Orphan Cat?) Duck, Hen, Owl, and the second one is animal which is a Monkey named Mitzi. *Buzzer sound* That sound means it's time for me to give this here show a Grade. I'll give this show, *Drumroll* An B! That's right. I'm gonna give it a B. Here the results:

Voice-acting: B+ 8.5/10.0 Terrfic Voice-acting. It should win an Emmy Award.

Animation: B 7.0/10.0 Cute, Colorful, but a little dirty and Charming.

Graphics: C 6.0/10.0 Average. Sound: D+ 4.9/10.0 The music's good but the Sound effects are very Annoying.

Dialouge: A 9.0/10.0 "Umm... Interesting." That cracks me the *beep* Up.

Eductional Value: A++ 10.0/10.0 PERFECT!!!!!!

Lasting Appeal: A+ 9.5/10.0 Superb.

Overall: B 8.0/10.0 One of Nelvana's Finest. They have to bring it back and make new epiosdes on Noggin. One of Nick jr's Cancelled Gems.
  • I'm grown up and watch this show

This show is one of the most pleasant of all the children's show I watch. Little Bear is so cute you just want to hug him. He's always having fun and playing with his friends and sometimes his parents. I remember an episode where he was sick in bed and his mom played games with him until he was better. This is definitely a show a child can watch with their parents and the grown-up won't be bored out of their mind. It's also a show a parent can leave on the room and not have to worry about what their child is watching. The animation is great and storylines are funny and entertaining. Little Bear is for little bears and BIG bears alike. :)
  • cool!

cool!
  • One of the best Nelvana shows...

omg i luv the show!not like its my absolute fav but one of them.It's about a bear [Kristen Fairlie] who discovers the world around him/her with the help of his friends.Wendy,Cat,Hen,Duck,No feet and more!Why did they stop airing the show?!?!It's not fair!By the way Kristen Fairlie is Bridgdette on TDI!I think they should bring it back because it helps you understand things a WHOLE lot better[for a toddler or a youngster].I give it an A+!Now all they show are stinkin repeats!I have an episode idea:
    Little Bear goes to Kindergarten or something.So in conclusion little bear rocks and the creators should bring it back!
  • One of my childhood favorites.

This was probably one of my top five favorite shows on Noggin to watch when I was a little kid, behind some like Franklin and Gullah Gullah Island. But three things. One, like Franklin, all the other characters are named for their animal type: Hen, Cat, Owl... well you do have Mitzi... and Tutu... and No Feet... but still, they should have all the characters with a unique name. Second, Little Bear's imagination went too wild. While taking a bath in a tub, he's imagining he's swimming underwater, and meets a mermaid who gets caught in a fishing net, etc. etc. etc. Kinda wild, don't YOU think? Thirdly, the show takes place in the middle of no where!! I mean, come on. I'd like it if there was at least one episode thats setting was in a town. There are no towns ever mentioned! How do they get their food? I guess they grow it, like pioneers or something. Cut down trees for wood... grow crops for food... fish for food, also. Hmm... then again, I may be wrong in my third mentioning.

Other than that, the show is great. A very good show for the younger ones and I recomend it to every kid between the ages of 2-7 or so.
  • It was a classic. I remember watching it.

Oh my gosh. Little Bear brings back memories. I remember when I used to watch this show. (I even remember reading the books it was based on. XD) It was a great little kid show. Maybe it's just me, but it seems a little advanced for the age group it's aimed at, which is good. Little kids need to be challenged some. The animation was also very good for a show in the '90s. :P It must be a good show because it lasted for 5 years, and it's still on the air. (It comes on Noggin sometimes.) So yeah, Little Bear's a classic.
  • A classic show I loved when I was a kid.

I remember every day when I would come home from preschool I would watch Little Bear. I remember the characters like the Bear and his family, duck, cat, hen, one girl (Forgot her name), and a mermaid. It has been so long sense I had last seen it and I remeber great memories like that dad bear taking little bear to go fishing and little bear playing with his friends and having adventures too and I think I saw one where little bear learns how to write.

I don't know much about the show but I can remember it giving me some wonderful and unforgetable memories.
  • LITTLE BEAR!

i got your toothpaste!

very good!

My mom thinks so too!

hehe, they play that commercial a little to much in nickelodeon..

Anyway, i think these were one of the shows i watched when i was young.

ah yes, yes it was..

I so forgot what this show about and all the characters...

wonderful review im writing, isnt it? ~sigh~ Well, i do remember it made me laugh, but i was in the second grade, so yea..

~clears throat~
  • Little Bear!

Little Bear is a happy and relaxing show that features Little Bear getting into situations and learning things. The animation is very simple and there is not much moving in the background. The music is nice and almost hypnotising. This is another one of those shows that is made for children but adults can enjoy it as well. Little Bear has such an imagination and a good heart. Mother Bear, Father Bear, Duck, Hen, Owl, Emily, and Cat are equally as fun to watch. So many episodes are still talked about years later with my kids. We catch it on the air sometimes and have to stop what we\'re doing to catch Little Bear all over again.
  • One of the best Maurice Sendak shows.

I really enjoy this little cartoon, and wish that they had continued making more.

Little Bear is geared towards the pre-school crowd, but the sweet, entertaining little short stories could easily appeal to any classic animation fan.

The animation is clean, the stories are well written, and it's one of the few recently made cartoons that didn't resort to potty humour to entertain it's audience.

I would definitely buy this on dvd if it ever comes out in a boxset.

• Classic

Little Bear is not just for young children, but it is a show that is just about for anyone. The show is about 20 years old, and it still feels like it's so new and interesting. This might be my favorite cartoon show ever. I watched this show when I was five or six, and watching it again, nearing 20 years of age, I almost cried when I watched the theme song on YouTube. This show does not shove lessons into your face like most of the preschool-oriented programming of nowadays. Little Bear is a much simpler show that relies on simple, to-the-point storytelling in order for the viewers to sympathize with what is going on, and to learn valuable lessons. Even the film that was made in 2001 is just as awesome (albeit extremely faithful) as the show. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this show for anyone to watch, whether you're 2 years old or you're 100 years old.

• Still magical to this day

Little Bear is one of those old Nick Jr. shows that I almost forgot how dear it was to me. I watched it a few weeks back late at night once, & feel in love with it all over again. And as I said above, it is still a magical show to this day, no matter what it does. Kids from today can watch this show & learn to be creative & imaginative with themselves, & learn plenty of morals that the shit on Disney Channel doesn't show.

It is also one of the very few shows that thankfully hasn't been redone using any of that CGI animation shit, like Franklin, & Angelina Ballerina (which look awful).
  • I love this show. It was the best show in my childhood.

Ah there are many crappy little tv shows now. Little Bear was my fav. as a kid and not only did a love it as kid but i love it now. I liked Dora back then but I hate it now. So that just prooves how wonderful Little Bear. Little Bear can entertain every member of the family :) The plots sound very dumb and boring but when u watch them Nelvana uses there magic on them and makes them enjoyable! I just love how it also had ghosts and goblins it! It is so amazing! Now watching Nick Jr. it is so crappy. Although I cant be the judge on how good it is because I am not kid I know they dont have the magic little bear does.
  • a good show

i never did read the books, buti love the show. it's great. little bear goes on many adventures, all of them pretty neat and something to do with being outside. i also love how it is based on older times. that is neat. i wish there were more shows like that. overall little bear is a great show.
  • Nobody knows that I watched this show.

Little Bear remember reading the books? Well it was created as an cartoon tv show.The moment this show came on.I thought this was an cute show for kids.I used to read little bear when I was little.So the moment I watched it was very interesting.All the characters are cool.When I watch this show.I find this show entertaining.I think show is great for generation of kids.My favorite character was ducky and Cat.Those two were the funnist character on the show.I wished it was back on tv again.
  • I can only say that I have 2 boys. There is 9 yrs between them. My now 12 yr old would watch this show every day, over and over. My now 3 yr old does the same with the old videos I kept from my first son.

This cartoon is unlike any other! There is no violence, the show has moral value and is sooooo cute! My first son (with whom I was a single mother; and he was diagnosed with colon cancer at age two) would watch this show over and over and over! While in a hospital bed in LA Childrens hosp. He would watch Little Bear and say the lines along with the show. It really heald a special meaning for our family. He is now 12 and laughs when I tell him about how he would be recovering from a surgery and watch the show over and over. Now his brother who is 3 is really into the show. It is almost the same; skip the hospital thank God! They watch it together and I almost cry. I do so wish Nickeloden would bring it back! It came out the same time that Dora and Blues Clues did. I find some video's here and there and snatch them up as quick as I can. Really if you get a chance to see this show DO IT! If you have young ones they will love it! I really wish they would bring it back!
  • i love little bear! bring him back! he is still the best. i miss him so much boo hoo hoo!

well little bear was one of my fav. tv shows to watch. i love the fact the little bear goes out on adventures and still has fun. i wish that little bear still came on tv. i am going to miss my little bear so much. hope that one day it makes a good come back as well as the re-runs did. ttyl
    love always, little bears biggest fan!
  • An excellent production based on the story books by Else Holmelund Minarik and Maurice Sendak!

You know him, you love him, and quite possibly, grew up reading the stories! Little Bear is quite possibly the purest cartoon on the air! It's about a little cub exploring the world that waits for him. The simplest thing becomes a magical, and educational adventure! But most importantly, it teaches children the importance of friendship and moral value, which is hard to find in these days. It is an absloute joy to watch, and I recomend it to anyone.
  • Little Bear Is Awesome!

Its shows like these that are needed to stay for longer. Its a wonderful simple cartoon that does not do anything spectacular stuff in it love this show always!!!I hope that by chance they make a movie or atleast ten more episodes or something cuz this show totally deserved it and not these low scores that people rate it!!!
  • I used to love this show until Nickelodeon took it off air. I guess they still show it on Noggin. Hold on...do they? or did Nickelodeon tell them to take it off there too? Overall Little Bear was a good show. It was different. I used to love it alot.

Little Bear was such a good show. It was very different. Nickelodeon is goin downhill. Every cartoon or show on there is dumb now. They cancelled or either ended every good cartoon that was on there. Rugrats...gone, Blues Clue...Gone...Little Bear..GOne...Rocko's Modern Life...GONe...and last but not least...Doug...GONE!!! I mean those was the good ol' days...What has Nickelodeon come to?
  • I love this show! I remember watching this on Nick Jr.....yeah, when Nick Jr. used to have really neat shows.

I love this show! I remember watching this on Nick Jr.....yeah, when Nick Jr. used to have really neat shows. What I really like about this show is that is shows a young cub having a great childhood....it's great to see Little Bear always smiling, always having fun, and being with his friends. It makes me wish I could be 7 years old all over again. And it's always exciting that Little Bear would always have these imaginative adventure with his friends. I think the episode for Valentine's Day was really cute. Where everyone was going around kissing each other!
  • Little Bear is my favourite classic cartoon that i enjoyed watching.

I used to love watching Little Bear.

It was funny and all the characters were great.
    I absolutely enjoyed watching every moment of Little Bear.

I'm sad that it's not airing here in Australia.
    I wish they would put the cool cartoon back on.

I do remember watching some of the episodes and they were amazing.

I love amazing cartoons like Little Bear.
  • Over all show review.

What can I say about Little Bear? It is a great show! The first time I saw Little Bear I was three years old and didn't think much of the show. In fact I thought it was rather boring and would rather watch shows like Muppet Babies or Rupert. Eventually over the years I had a few favorite episodes that I always watched when I was feeling homesick. During the second grade I went to 4 different schools and shows like Little Bear were there for me every location that I lived, they never let me down. I believe that Little Bear was a great show and did not get the attention it deserved. Back in the mid 90's there was tough competition from shows like Power Rangers and Pokemon that kids felt Little Bear was just plain boring. The animation in Little Bear has truly so far stood the test of time. The earliest episodes are now 10 years old and still look brand new. Over the years similar shows to Little Bear have took flight - - and crashed. One in particular is Oswald. It was a great show and had many story plots similar to Little Bear, but just didn't catch kid\'s attention. Today, Little Bear no longer airs on Nick Jr, but is seen on Noggin (A children programming block from 6 A.M to 6 P.M with the rest being The N) Also Little Bear is shown in other countries in various forms. A few are part of a multi hour morning show featuring different kids shows daily. Little Bear has recently made its way to DVD in three titles named, \"Feel Better Little Bear,\" \"Rainy Day Tales\", \"Little Bears Band\". All are about 110 minutes and features 12 Little Bear stories or three regular episodes. Also in 2003 a new Little Bear movie was released on DVD and sold very well in the DVD market. In total 12 Little Bear episodes have been released on DVD over a period of two years out of the total 65 episodes. There are still 53 episodes left to be released on DVD which could take a couple years at the rate Nickelodeon releases DVDs. In conclusion Little Bear has strong characters and supporting characters, great music, captivation story plots, and astonishing animation. Let\'s hope we will continue to see Little Bear in re-runs on various kids channels.:)