Maurice Sendak's Little Bear

Nickelodeon (ended 2000)

SrRui

Maurice Sendak's Little Bear Fan Reviews (26)

• Over all show review.

What can I say about Little Bear? It is a great show! The first time I saw Little Bear I was three years old and didn't think much of the show. In fact I thought it was rather boring and would rather watch shows like Muppet Babies or Rupert. Eventually over the years I had a few favorite episodes that I always watched when I was feeling homesick. During the second grade I went to 4 different schools and shows like Little Bear were there for me every location that I lived, they never let me down. I believe that Little Bear was a great show and did not get the attention it deserved. Back in the mid 90's there was tough competition from shows like Power Rangers and Pokemon that kids felt Little Bear was just plain boring. The animation in Little Bear has truly so far stood the test of time. The earliest episodes are now 10 years old and still look brand new. Over the years similar shows to Little Bear have took flight - - and crashed. One in particular is Oswald. It was a great show and had many story plots similar to Little Bear, but just didn't catch kid\'s attention. Today, Little Bear no longer airs on Nick Jr, but is seen on Noggin (A children programming block from 6 A.M to 6 P.M with the rest being The N) Also Little Bear is shown in other countries in various forms. A few are part of a multi hour morning show featuring different kids shows daily. Little Bear has recently made its way to DVD in three titles named, \"Feel Better Little Bear,\" \"Rainy Day Tales\", \"Little Bears Band\". All are about 110 minutes and features 12 Little Bear stories or three regular episodes. Also in 2003 a new Little Bear movie was released on DVD and sold very well in the DVD market. In total 12 Little Bear episodes have been released on DVD over a period of two years out of the total 65 episodes. There are still 53 episodes left to be released on DVD which could take a couple years at the rate Nickelodeon releases DVDs. In conclusion Little Bear has strong characters and supporting characters, great music, captivation story plots, and astonishing animation. Let\'s hope we will continue to see Little Bear in re-runs on various kids channels.:)