Maury

Weekdays 12:00 PM on Premiered Sep 14, 1998 In Season

Maury Fan Reviews (62)

7.6
  • When it doesn't show baby, cheating cases, it interests me

Various ep (02-14)
  • The King of Chaos

Given the illusion of re-upholstered chairs that'd been constantly thrashed about from men breakdancing like ignorant jackasses while the women run and begin to convulse like a damn seizure patient after hearing the 5 dreadful words: "You are NOT the father" That is a typical day at the Maury Show.

Maury portrays himself as a kind, caring man who wants to help out people in need, but in reality, he's a heartless, disgusting piece of shit, to say the least. The only kind of help he gives out is perpetuating stereotypes of blacks, whites, and Hispanics.

Watching the show on a day to day basis, you're most likely going to hear about an illiterate, ghetto trash named "insert ridiculous name here" who claims that "insert ridiculous male name here" is the father of "insert ridiculous name for innocent child here". The feisty ghetto trash tells the unintelligent imbeciles (AKA the audience) of how he's a deadbeat daddy and she's a 1000% percent sure that he's the father. The man tells his side of the story, but automatically as he steps on stage he's booed relentlessly while occasionally some men retaliate by sticking up his middle finger or cursing back; both tactics firing up the audiences. Maury welcomes the male shaking his hand like a weak old lady and he and his so-called girlfriend argue for about 5 mins before Maury "calms things down". Plot twist: he then makes a remark that starts the fire again, while sitting back with a huge grin drawn on his face. He finally shouts "THE RESULTS ARE IN" riling up the hungry crowd and one of two things happen: if the man is NOT the father, the women will either convulse on the floor, or run backstage crying on the "sob couch", while the man jumps around like a damn fool. Maury goes backstage to comfort the lying whore and promises her that they'll find the father of her baby. If he is the father, the woman will berate the man, and he makes a bullshit comment about how he's going to be a good dad.

The reality of it is the fact that the kid is going to end up as a stripper or a criminal; there's honestly no future for that innocent baby.

The second topic usually deals with out-of-control teens who wanna have a baby. Now, maybe I feel for this, because I myself is a teen, but mainly because Maury vilifies the children. Allowing the audience to savagely boo at the kid like an untrained beast. but the little side note most people don't remember is that they're still kids, while the mother is crying like a pathetic bitch. (Side note for the pathetic excuses for parents: " It's called discipline! If you used that, then your teen doesn't have to be hauled off to boot camp!" Watching episodes like this, you will NEVER hear Maury ask them why they act out like the way they do, rather just grin like a smartass and give half-assed remarks about how they're gonna get pregnant or contract an STD. Later in the program, the teens are hauled into a van, and scared back into civility; all in the convenience of an hour.

The third most common topic deals with cheating spouses. Usually it's the man accused of cheating on the woman and the crowd boos him (yeah it's boring and pathetic). Anywho, Maury usually sends a sexy decoy (AKA a whore Maury paid to seduce men, then turns around and acts as if she has any morals) and everytime the guy always ends up kissing the whore, or perhaps even go further as to touch/kiss her breasts, neck, etc. regardless, 9 times out of ten, the ***ed woman takes him back, only to come back to the show for the second time. (Third plot twist, Maury tries to coach the woman to take back her cheating spouse, because if he actually bothered to solve the actual problem, then he wouldn't have business. Shit like this is what keeps him around. That detestable sludge).

There's also some less common topics like obese toddlers, am I a man or a woman, and deformed people.

Ok, apparently some parents think it's a good idea to exploit their obese babies on tv instead of get professional help? Nice parenting, oh and btw of you pay close attention Maury taunts the kids by trying to make them run around the stage and whatnot, or to life their arms. Real low, even for you, Povich.

Am I a man or woman? I can't imagine how hurt someone would be hurt after the audience continually claims that they are a man when they really are a woman. There's not much to say about that topic, other than the fact that it's unecessesary and downright pathetic.

Lastly, the deformed people. Now this, destroys any ounce of respect I'd ever have for this bastard. Displaying all these people like as if they're monsters, and asks them what kinda names they're called, like why in the hell would you do that? It's hard enough stepping outside without awkward glances, and now you want to run salt into their wounds?

So, what have we learned?

1. There seems to be an anti-male aura in the audience.

2. The audience with ALWAYS side with the women, no matter how trashy and degrading they are ( the crying always wins their hearts over).

3. The children involved in the drama won't have a promising future, most likely a stripper, or a criminal and end up on the same show to find out whom the child's father is ( never ending wheel of shame, and hopelessness).

4. People will still be brainwashed into the idea that Maury cares about the dysfunctional families, while he's making money off of their pain and suffering. Yes, people can argue that it's their fault that they came to the show, but the main focus is that even with the (right) intentions, they're still showing their raunchy lives for all of America to see. It's really a lose-lose situations.

Bonus: This is actually worse than Jerry Springer. You know what the shows intentions are, and consenting redneck hillbillies have no problem brawling on the show. Maury Provides false hope, and just continues to shape Trash TV.

• Proof of the lies and acting

I know Monica who was on 12/26/2013 show. She is a lousy actress and the lies she told were hilarious. She is a mother but her children are in jail, juvenile and foster care.
  • Such an addicting show

I watch this all the time. It gets annoying with the audience, but it's still hilarious.
  • help me

i have a 14 yr old that lies on me and got cps involved because she got grounded for selling spice so she ran away told all kinds of lies and still continues. i refused to jump through hoops for her lies so she is in a foster home, but she calls everyone telling them lies, the ones who know better she quit talking to, the ones who dont make my life hell . she calls me a ***, says she wishes i was dead and all because she wants to do whatever she wants. sleep with boys over the age of 18, get . i want it to end and her lies to come to
  • Alternate Women

Having seen all varieties of Female impersonators and transsexuals, transvestites and others. I've been wondering why have you never had a nature made hermaphrodite or morphodite on your show. Please forgive my poor spelling as it was hard enough finding the correct words in the dictionary.

I do enjoy the Maury show it has more than human interest. It brings together people in ways that few shows want to involve themselves in.

Signed Billinda.
  • Timeless Subject Matter!

Look ya'll, The entertainment and education we get from these DNA results are sometimes priceless. The ones in particular are when the women SWEAR UP AND DOWN these men are the dads' and have to even come back several times to no avail. The men are always looked at as assholes and when the women wind up looking like the Ho', they run off the stage while the audience just gasps. Mad lessons to be learned about how promiscuous most women are today and how scandalous the relationships have become. Long before Maury was ever on and Much long after, these scenarios will never get old because each new generation will have their own stories of sex games that go wrong to discuss. Same Games, New Faces...
  • Overly used topics, same scenarios, THE MOST ANNOYING AUDIENCE EVER!!

Ok... While I admit the Maury Show isn't the worst show that I have ever seen, it most certainly is far from a decent show.

For starter, the topics are WAY over played. Its either DNA tests or cheating lover lie detector tests. While I do believe the DNA testing results, I think the Maury producers throw a little bit of extra in there. Just about ever scenario is the same. The majority of the guest look fake or put on. As for the lie detector results, those arent even admissable in court, let alone believing anything that comes from the quacks on the Maury show.

P.S. The Maury Show has the most rudest, disrespectful, ignorant audience...EVER! I find it hilarious the way some of the audience members act when the camera man briefly rolls the camera in their direction. They literally look like a bunch of caged monkeys. I would be so embarassed if I was sitting in the audience. I get tired of hearing all the "boos" just trying to watch the show on tv.
  • the best show

maury your show is the best i watch your show from the bahamas u need to come down here and do some dna for some of these people down there
  • A question about the show!

Can anyone tell me Is Maury still on tv this year?

If so, can someone please let me know when he is on please? :o)

I need help, Im a big Aussie fan of Maury's show! :o)
  • Your Great!!

I love your show Maury!!! I have been watching since you first came on I guess, and love everything you deal with especially the DNA, matters for dead beat dads, and the teens who are out of control... I have teens but i ended up very lucky that mine are so respectful, and wonderful... anyways love your show so much, and thanks Maury!!!! your great!
  • Maury ROCKS

Maury I love your show. I think when you tell the guys to put a cap on it I have to laugh because some of those guys{if that is what you call them}are treating women like their underwear, a different one everyday or 2 or 3 a day and then when the ladies get pregnant they don't know them or don't care about those beautiful joys of life.I have 4 babies and 2 baby daddies. And I have 3 with one man but he took care of my son by another man

• Maury is the man!

He is very hardworking... deals with all types of people on this show that have troublesome family backgrounds, and he is a tv hero! He puts those detector tests out there and puts his life on line at times too (when fights enrage). He's a problem solver, a compassionate man, and a hardworking tv individual. I learn a lot and so will you.
  • NEED UR HELP

Maruy I need to lose wieght because i want to join the united states Marines.My father is a vietnam vet so is my uncle.I would be greatful if u help me

• finding my birth mother

5.5
    my name is tawan allen and i ws born in wilson, north carolina on feb 13, 1969. My birth mother dorthy lee allen was 20 years old when she gave birth to me. she remained wit me until i was 5 months olds then she left me with edith bell smith and i never saw her again in my life. My mother edith bell smith passed away 2 years ago and now i would like to reconnect to with my birth mother. Iam 43 years old and my health is failing i would like to meet her bfore i pass. please help me locate her
  • Your wife is a liar...

I am so tired of you bad mouthing people who are involved and there is a significant age difference. My husband was 28 years older than me and we spent 30 yrs together before he passed away. We started dated when I was 25 and he was 53. Age will work if your committed
  • Shows like these are what's giving girls the ideas that all guys are bad, but it still has its moments.

Despite how most of the episodes make the male characters look bad, (example: guys denying the children they don't think are their's, requesting their wives receive makeovers even though many guys are not like this) Maury still is enjoyable to watch and Maury Povich is a TV legend. I have to admit the paternity test episodes are entertaining but my favorites are when outrageous drinking, smoking, and criminalized teenagers are brought to the show. Maury has made an impact on so many people and his show will always be fun to watch.
  • what is wrong with you people

I just don't get it. Are the producers of this show that hard up for ratings ? Why would you want to mess with the lives of these beautiful babies? Do you not get it that the results of these DNA mama-daddy shows will effect these children forever? The Mothers of these children should be ashamed of themselves to air their "dirty laundry" on national television. It is your job as a Mother to protect and nourish your children. Quit being so selfish. Take a good look at the big picture here. With all the teasing and bullying and teen suicide going on in our country do you actually believe this won't have an impact on these children s lives? How do you think these children will feel at 16 when his/her friends find out they were on Maury as a baby trying to find out who their bio-Daddy is? This is sick. How can the producers of this show sleep at night knowing there is a possibility of these children being hurt or end their lives over you making a buck... Maury, you once had a very good show, informative and interesting. You need to be more picky at what's in your contract. Your choices cheapen your career and frankly, I am disappointed in your antics as a so called professional. Shame on you too.
  • my mom is special

hi mury my name is Katana i am 15 years old i live in phoenix with my mom and step dad my mom is 45 years old she has had came a long way she has been abuse in so many was as a child which lead her to trying to committed suicide over and over again she was on drugs and alcohol till she turn 41 but still took care of me and my sisters and brothers she has try stopping so many times till she wind up in the hospital and went into a coma for 3 days we never though we would see her clean she put herself into rehab that's where she met my step dad who is wonderful any ways my mom as long as i can remember all ways say she just want to sing in front of people she watch your show everyday she go's to school trying to get her GED so she has the tv to record your show so she wont miss it i can be a hand full at times with everything she is still going through even now with her sickness she want's to be the first black female country singer but she say it would be great to do her first song on your show if you can please help me make just a little part of her dream come true by letting her do a song on your show so i can show her what she mean to me this will be a big surprise for her if so the song would be (why haven't I heard from you) by reba mcentire she sings that a lot my family and her family loves her singing we tell her not to give up on her dream so this is one part of her dream i can make happen but only with your help please respond to this letter even if you can't help he think you for taking time to read this god bless
  • I could tell you next week's lineup for Maury!

Ok, this is what next week's episodes for Maury: Monday-Tuesday is "You're my Baby's Daddy and I'll Prove It!" Wednesday is "Sex Tapes and Cheaters Exposed!", Thursday is "I'm a Billion Percent Certain You're the Father!" and Friday is going to be "Halloween Drag Queens"! I don't really know the real lineup, but I'm pretty certain that it would look something like this. Maury has become SO predictable and SO annoying that he almost makes Jerry Springer look legit. The guests say the same thing over and over again, "I'm here to prove that Jerome is the father of my three babies and I'm a thousand percent certain that he is the father", and the percentage is slowly increases the more you watch it (if you can tolerate it). The audience act like robots, they cheer for the girl, boo for the guy almost every time and if you pay attention, more often than not the guy is not the father. And don't get me started on the former guests. They just want to be on TV, regardless of how foolish they look. These plots are just so overdone and redundant, someone needs to give Maury new material.
  • This show has gone downhill

I used to like this show when it first started, because they used to have different subjects everyday. My favorite topics were: Turn my boy back into a girl, Is it a man, or a woman, Please help my obese child, My mom dresses too sexy, please give her a makeover, Please give my ruggy looking spouce a makeover, and DNA drama. But in the last few years, all they show everyday is DNA drama and cheaters exposed episodes and they play the same episodes over and over again all the time. And it looks like they sometimes show the same couples & situations on different episodes. The thing that cracks me up about the DNA drama is the test being revealed "you are not the father!" and then the women runs back stage, screaming. And alot of those guests are really stupid, like all those women, who are married to men who are denying their kids and they want to stay with them, or women who have ex's that are denying their children and they get back together with these men after the results come back. If some man denied my child, I would divorce him before going for a DNA test
  • WHY OH WHY IS THIS STILL AIRING?

Maury Povich used to be a somewhat respectable anchorperson and TV personality. What happened? $$$ corrupted him. I can\\\'t even bear to look at the promos for this atrocious Jerry Springer wannabe. He humiliates people for a living. And they let him; and the people who tune into this pile debase themselves everytime they watch. The worst aspect of this show (and there are several) is his fake empathy for children and people born with birth defects. He\\\'s trying to create a freak show for our general amuesement. It\\\'s sad when he brings children who have serious physical ailments on his show and asks, \\\"You have no friends, right?\\\" \\\"The kids tease you, huh?\\\" As if he cares. Please don\\\'t give in to this drivel. It\\\'s trash TV 101.
  • It's okay, but it's always DNA tests now.

6.4
    Is it just me, or is this show just the same thing over and over again? It used to be all different things, but now it's always the same. "You are not the father! You are the father! You are not the father!" It's always DNA tests all the time! It gets really repetitive and boring after a while. I'll usually watch this show when there's nothing else on. It's not the worst talk show I've ever seen, but I really think it could use some more interesting stories and guests. It used to be great, though. I remember they had more interesting stuff like fears of peaches, cotton balls, pickles, etc. I wish they'd put all that stuff back on. I'm not saying they have to stop the DNA tests completely, but they could atleast be a bit more interesting.
  • When I don't have school, I always watch Maury.

I know the paternity test are played out. They do that too much. I don't care if it's real or fake the should do more topics. For example, I use to like the guess if it's a man or woman shows. I use to play my self all time!!! Or those geek to seek makeover and secret crush episodes. Those are always good. I don't like when they have the animals on there with th kids. That's boring to me. I do like those shocking videos episodes. I like when Cheaters comes on there because the always have something ridiculous to show.
  • Yup I watch Maury Daily, you just gotta watch Maury it's Funny and off the wall.

Everyone at least had to see Maury a couple of times because what else is on at that time that you would watch instead of Maury??...Nothing...so just Tune into Maury and you will be entertained and especially when it comes to the parternity Test result shows, they are very funny and really terriable that people don't know who their baby daddy is but since they are on TV I will enjoy the show and laugh along with each and every joke that happens.The only thing we all much watch out for when watching Maury at this time is that it can be interrupted by a News Brief or News update and you will miss the rest of Maury so just a warning for ya'll in my Review.
  • Bad sluts to paternity questions to lie detecting? Oh, did I forget the 'tranny game' that makes you look super-gay as hell? Aren't these plots a little overdone.......

It's just like Pokemon except you can stand to watch it
    and it's a reality.

It's a horrible realization but this show is the exactly the same thing every week. Because each day is a different show until the week repeats over and over and over and over and over..... You get the point.....

I only watch it as an extreme last resort. It is horrific to see the same thing every week. I like this show but now I just hate the hell out of it.

I want something different from this show, but if I don't see anything different then I'll simply turn off my TV for good.
  • This show is great.

How can you not like this show? I LOVE those paternity, update, and wild teen episodes. I love it when the women bring the wrong dude to the show and get so embarrased. The updates never let me down. Also, the wild teen episodes... I just wonder why the parents don't put the beatdown on their kids or kick them out of the house for a day or two. Maury isn't as bad as know-it-all Dr. Phil and I'd take him over any news channel any day. Maybe the show isn't as great as the previews let on, but the newer episodes are a lot better than the old ones.
  • Not really

This show is so much like Jerry. I love to watch this show during the paterinity tests. They are always 100% sure and then when they're wrong they run of the stage screaming.I also like the lie detector tests they pretty good half the time. But mainliy I like the paternity tests I think thats what keeps this show alive. I ain't yo baby's daddy, yes u is, look at his nose! look at his nose! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • Maury should be more skeptical.

1.5
    In general, I believe that Maury is a sensible person. The vast majority of his topics involve helping people, especially if the problem involves a dispute between two people or parties. This is, in part, because he always has every person involved in the problem on the show; he listens to both sides of the story. (I am essentially talking about paternity cases, but others may apply as well). Bravo! That's a great way to solve a problem. I saw this morning, however, an exception to the show's usual forward moving, positive fashion. It was about hauntings, involving "proof" of ghosts/spirits including pictures and recordings. The first thing I'd like to say is that I'm not trying to influence people's thinking on whether they exist; I am not saying that ghosts don't exist. My problem is that the only evidence given was in favor of the existence of ghosts. There was no discussion, whatsoever, about the possibility that the "proof" may have been unreliable, the product of a coincidence. I am disappointed that Maury naively took his guests' word as fact.
  • Why do you continue to belittle males, for the most part, on your shows? I do not get your shows.

Let me tell you something. April 2000, I had a girl falsely accuse me of molesting her. I had to hire a lawyer to prove my innocence. I was guilty just at her say so. It was later proven that she was lying, after I went to jail, lost my job and my man hood.The case was dropped/abandoned. No apologies from anyone to me. The girl was a slut.
< 1 2 3