Maury

Weekdays 12:00 PM on Premiered Sep 14, 1998 In Season

Maury Fan Reviews (62)

7.6
  • Maury's a decent show...but it overdoes the paternity tests quite a bit

I like the Maury show, but it seems like every time I see it, they have a paternity test. Sure, paternity tests can make for good television, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. The paternity tests get old after the zillionth time. It has gotten to the point where I have just about stopped watching it. Occasionally, they do have different stories on there, such as people coping with tradegy and disablities, which add some relief to the "endless" paternity tests. In my opinion, these are better stories than the paternity tests. If Maury just had more variety, then it would be great.
  • Paternity overdone

Maury is the only talk show I still watch. The rest have gone down hill. Maury is a great host but need to add a little bit of variety to his show. In the past Maury used to deal with a wide variety of issues. Now he mainly focus's on 3 or 4 main issues. I would love to see Maury go back to his former format. I remember when many shows dealt with issues that families and people had to face. Though I feel sorry for many of his guests I find I am feeling more like "why are they sleeping with so many people that they don't know who their baby's father is. Still Maury's demeanor and stage presence is still great.
  • Opposite of Dr. Phil

3.8
    What a weird show! It is pretty much the complete opposite of such shows as the Dr Phil Show and Oprah Winfrey show. Instead of aiding people, it sends people running of the stage in tears. The paternity tests go way over the top and I am sure most of the stories are fake. Although, some of the stories are funny like how a 13-year-old girl was prostituting, etc. I just dont get it!
  • Watchable... most of the time. Those drag queen shows, gotta go.

Say what you want about the Maury show, but for me, when I'm home with nothing to do I find myself turning to it. Albeit parts of it is obviously scripted and sometimes I question the validity of the reactions of the guests; but it's still watchable. The paternity test shows used to get on my knerves but then I found a hilarity in the accusations of the men and women about who's the father that keeps me tuned. The shows that I can't really watch too much of are the "I have to tell you a secret" shows. Why is EVERYONE a liar. Very rarely people are found to be telling the truth. Can everyone really be lieing? Sometimes I feel like they maybe twist or exaggerate the results to make the shows more interesting, but what about the lives they are messing up in the process?

I didn't think many people watched it, but I guess since it keeps getting renewed, someone besides me is watching. It still plays to our need to see people who are worse off than us, so that we can say, "damn that's messed up, but at least it's not me". Wild teen girls, paternity tests, and cheating mates are always tolerable entertainment.
  • Decent

It's a good show. They do paternity tests a little too much though. They should focus on the secondary topics like changing a wild teen's life and guests that lost weight. This is a good show for daytime TV and is an alternitive to soap operas and other daytime stuff.
  • A show about not just pregs like talent shows and real life story.

I like Maury because he is real and origanl. He's doesn't counsle people (Dr. Phil) he just tries to help people. He is a man of the people. There should be more men out there like him. He's not perfect but he's close to it. I hope that it goes on forever!!
  • Maury is so unoriginal all he does is shows on drag queens and parternity test now!

5.1
    All Maury needs to add is the throwing of chairs and he would be very close to having a Jerry Springer show! His show has become so pointless because of the overdone parternity test and the guess whether i'm a girl or boy crap!! The only time I watch the show anymore is when they have the talented little kids who sing and dance come on.
  • Heh! Heh!That's a good show and all....but one of it's episode's was FAKE!

6.3
    Yes FAKE! A staged actress pretened that she was pretending to be pregnant for three months on Maury. But she was also on JERRY SPRINGER! That's right JERRY SPRINGER! She's the exact same woman! I know it's true and someone needs to expose her for the FAKE she really is! She just wants her 15 minutes of fame and if that's so...what other episodes have we been kidding ourseleves? Are the paterinity test fake? Are the sex changing people fake? Are those really the same people from high school? It might all be fake and we don't know it! Hmmm....
  • Now this is a talk show I really enjoy.

It's enough to watch Jerry Springer but this talk show brings it all home. I love the Maury show...keeps me entertained. One of the reasons I like coming home besides the girlz and my boyz of course lol. But this is a real cool show I'd recommend it to just about anybody who just feels like watching a show with some real life.
  • I wanna send a letter to the maury show but i can't find the address can someone help me and send to email at tasha_chefains420@yahoo i wanna get me and my mother some help we are both over weight she is 35 and i am 15 and we need help.

Hey everyone reading this,
    IF you know how to get us help please help and send us advice at tasha_chefains420@yahoo.com here is a little about us my mom is 35 about 230lbs blonde hair green eyes and always depressed me i am about 225lbs blonde hair blue eyes and we need help to look hot and beautiful and not only to be that but to feel that way too. please help us send us advice on my email thank you all..........
  • Maury

0.0
    I seem to remember that I actually liked and watched this show at one point. But now they play the same 4 topics over and over:

1. Make-over/Look at me now/Cut my long hair

2. Who's my baby's daddy?

3. Man or Woman?

4. Caught on Tape

Now the show is dumb and uninteresting.
  • Here's another Jerry Sprinnger...I mean dull show

2.1
    I don't get it any more. Maury used to be great! I used to watch his show every time I got the chance to but after a while of watching one peternity test after another you get board! Come on and get a new topic please!
    He used to be fun to watch because he had shows about troubled teens, people who were in true need of help and such but no then the day came when it was the same dull thing after another. At first it was entertaining but now...It's so boaring and so much more a waiste of time.
  • Better than the Jerry Springer show...

This show is orginal. One of its kind. Why? Its not like Jerry Springer. You all say that, but its not. Maury helps the people out. People need to actually watch a few episodes before critizing him. The paternity tests are kind of exciting because some people lie and say they're not their father or whatever. Then it turns out, they are! Another is when the boys dress up like girls. Thats hilarious. Also, its really nice of him to give gifts to the needy or people who have lost their homes in fires and such.
  • Change the channel!!! If I were a cusser, I would be even more specific and say, "Change the damn channel!!!"

0.1
    Change the channel!!!

Actually...if I were to compromise my personal values and come up with the kind of language that would fully describe what I think of this show, Maury and Jerry would be trying to outbid each other in their attempts to be the first one to have me as a guest on their sucky shows because whoever got me would be able to produce a 60 minute "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" (think test-pattern sound-effect) that would last for the entire show just by asking what I thought of Maury's show.

But, of course, I don't resort to profanity when it comes to describing things, so let me do the best that I can without it.

From now on, I'm going to be addressing Maury...

Do you want me to tell you why I no longer watch your show--or, at best, watch it when the moon is blue and you're back to your old ways again?

Your show has jumped the shark so high that it jumped all the way over the moon on its way to the other side of the shark!

I remember a time when you actually used your show to help people and to showcase everyday heroes--as well as those heroes who weren't so "everyday" (the ones who were living full, wonderful, and productive lives in spite of, seemingly, being dealt a bad hand).

That fraction of a point I gave you (the one that kept your show from registering on my profile as an absolute zero) pays tribute to your earlier days and those rare times when you bring them back.

Most of the time these days, you keep having these tired paternity shows--bring hurting people into the arena to be put on display to be booed by your audience. Somehow, you seem to have managed to gather up a home-viewing audience that is large enough to keep you on the air--but I'm proud to say that I'm not part of it.

When I was a freshman in high school, I was in study hall with this guy who had been in a motorcycle accident--one who, unfortunately, was seated to where I had to look at him while trying to do my studies.

He had scabs forming on his arm, and he would pick at them to make the pus and blood start flowing.

Even though I found it fun (still do) to squeeze pimples and blackheads to pop and squiggle out their contents, what I was seeing on this guy's arm was way beyond what I wanted to see. It almost made me want to throw up.

When he heard me go, "Eeeeew!" he looked around, gave me a smirk, and began to REALLY pick away.

My desire to watch your show these days is right down there on the level of my desire back then (or now, for that matter) to watch this guy mutilate his mutilations.

Besides the paternity test shows, you have these fat baby shows.

I love the fat babies, but I hate how you and your RomanEmpirish audience are getting orgasms out of booing and belittling them and their parents (usually, mothers).

Do you have any idea what you're doing to these kids? Do you really CARE what you're doing to these kids!

Obviously not!!! It's all about ratings to you, isn't it!?!

Then, there's boot-camp!!!

Don't even get me started on THAT one!!!

Can't you see that these kids are hurting?

Is it fun for you to make them cry on TV?

I would go along with their crying on TV, if it were a healing kind of crying that they were doing.

These children obviously have--in the wise words of a so-called "retarded" mother in the movie "The Yarn Princess"--"tears locked up."

How did this woman--a woman who had to do all kinds of things to prove that she was a capable mother (and she proved it!)--approach one of her sons when he had "tears locked up?"

She held him close and gave him a shoulder to cry on.

I'm well aware that these kids are, for the most part, beyond their troubles being cured and their lives being turned around by a single act of being offered a shoulder to cry on.

But neither are they going to be turned around by having one or more officers getting in their faces and barking at them--then, making them clean filthy toilets inside and out in an up-close-and-personal way.

These horrible boot-camps--which your no-count show seems to try to sell to the public--have even proven fatal to kids on several occasions.

Are ratings so important to you that you would promote stuff like that show after show after show!?!

How high is your price-tag before you start doing shows praising LSD, crack, heroin, and meth!?!

Were you aware that there are alternatives to those boot-camps: places where you can send troubled kids where they learn respect by being respected?

People running these places could do so much more, if they had the funding--and so many more of these places would start being established, if people such as you would devote more of your shows to them and their positive results.

But that wouldn't bring in the ratings, would it!?!

Well--NEWSFLASH!--the way you operate currently isn't bringing you any ratings from me!

In fact, I'm very happy that this website has given me the chance to get on my soapbox to tell you that I've had enough of your pitiful crap!

Borrowing the words of Donald Trump...

YOU'RE FIRED!!!
  • maury helps just like oprah!! lol

ive always had a soft spot for talk shows and maury is def one of my favs when it comes to this type of tv ... its always interesting ot see what maury is gonna talk about coz it always is diff every day ( unless its some type of re run which i hate ) but quite frankly this show isnt as good as jerry springer! i love the fighting but its always funny to hear all the stupid jokes people make at the end to the people up on the stage !!! lol its great def a 10 for funnyness......
  • An entertaining show.

I love the Maury show! I really love the paternity test shows the most. I like the shows that have cheaters and lie detector tests too. All the drama, but without the attachment. Who wouldn't love that. I don't really like the shows that show people that are all messed up though. Its kind of creepy and gross. I feel bad for the kids though. I think that every episode should be about cheaters, paternity tests, and secret crushes. A lot of people don't like it and compare it to Jerry Springer, but he is way above Jerry. Jerry is someone to watch if you want to see fat hoochies taking off their shirts. Groossss!!!!!
  • Why did I watch it! I agree with AJ1952chats

this show sux! it's like the dumbest show (next to jerry springer) ever!!! so maury, you expect abusing children is gonna disapline them!! your the dumba** of earth! I bet you have 9 brain cells in that D@mn head of yours! and women who think that their daughters are men? oh c'mon! surely they must've known when they, Gah! Men who fink they're ladies, psss, gessh! this show is a bunch of crap! watch good stuff like oprah and dr.phil infact, that's probally what the actors eat all the time. Crap from the toilet! if you don't agree with me, than reach into my toilet and eat my crap!!!!
  • maury show is the best talk show ever......

maury has a great show. He helps everyone with there problems. He don\'t have to do what he is doing but he if a carfull man.i wake up every weekday morning and watch his shows at 10:00 am and 12:00pm. I even watch playbacks because maury show never gets boring.
  • Yet I don't watch it anymore.

7.2
    I loved this show for a couple of years and although everybody is stating that this show is a clone of Opera , it's still a classic with its personal camera footage that I may or may not see and most of the episodes have the tall tales of a woman in a rush against her man with a still competition if they're lying or telling the truth. Many other ideas are aviliable but like Opera , he helps other people too but Maury hasn't got any still trouble for what I've heard and we shall perhaps see it again on the new channel featuring the WB & UPN together forever unless anything goes wrong.

And remember... it's still classic even though it's a rip-off.
  • Maury Povich uses knocked up teenage sluts and sob stories on a daily basis, yet somehow makes it original everytime.

I don't know why or how, but there is something addictive to seeing teenage sex-addicts and women who are on their 14th paternity test to finally find out who is "her baby's daddy." While the show sports a 0 in the originality department, it is the ultimate in the guilty pleasure deptartment. To Povich's credit, once in awhile there is a curveball, like the episode in which twins had two different fathers... and get this... they were brothers! But aside fomr these rarities, the show is simply predictable fun poked at white-trash and black stereotypes. Honestly though, could you really expect more from a daytime TV veteran?
  • Giving this show a '2.5' is considered a generous gift from me.

2.5
    There is only two topics I hate with a passion. The first topic is 'You're my baby's father!' I just think this is utterly ridiculous and I cannot understand how the show gets enough ratings to stay on the air with this topic. The second topic I hate is 'Male or Female' where you have to identify who is actually female and which are males. This may be considered a fun game to some, but it is considered disgusting to me.

The only topic I tend to like is 'Maury Makes Magic Happen,' which is when Maury helps families who have suffered in house fires, etc. This is truly inspiring but I never see this topic on the air because 99.9% of the topics are about the 'Baby's Father,' which does not give a good impression for outsiders looking in at the amount of American woman who cannot positively identify the father and the men who deny their children.
  • i love the maury show. I am yo biggest fan. I would love 2 c u n person and make my dream come true. My dream is 2 come 2 yo show and meet u and send me and my family 2 flordia.

the maury show is the best. I love the maury show. I am yo biggest fan. I would love 2 come 2 c u n person and make my dreams come true. My dream is 2 yo show and meet u and send me my family 2 flordia. U r the best person n the world
  • One of the current best talk shows...

Maury brings variety to his talk show. Aside from the paternity test shows, and relationship secret shows which are the most frequent topics, every now and then Maury will have a different topic. My personal favorites are the makeover shows, Jack Hanna's animal shows, the amazing survivors from different accident shows, and the shows where he has the women who may really be men and the audience guesses throughout the show who they may really be. Of course those particular shows come along not too often, but you can't help getting caught up in one of the "you are not/are the father" shows, and "the lie detector test determined you were not telling the truth." Maury has been on television for more than 20 years and his talk show is still one the best on tv now-a-days.
  • change the channel

1.3
    is this show even still on? i think that this is one of the worst day time talk shows to ever be produced. and when he and his wife did the show on msnbc it only got worse. why on earth any one would ever watch this junk is beyond me.
  • i Would like to be on the show as a guest

i am 34 and would like to know who is really my father i didnt find out until i was 31 and it has been a real toll on my life can u help me? my name is Tracey Whiffen I live in Auburn NY. 13021 i thought all my life that my father was Larry Wilder now i find out that it could be Steve Vanhorn Jr. it would be great for me and my kids to know the truth i realy never had a dad and im not asking for that now i just want to know the truth of who it is please help me
  • wow hilarious

yes this show is interesting and funny, but it's all well and good being the viewer but what about the host? Muray Povich the host of his own show, a show about exploiting people of their disabilitys, their apperence, and their problems. Some people dont think long and hard enough for a better T.V. idea but to take the obvious. To answer the my question, I don't know how some one like Muray can live with himself (not being mean) but how can he say some of the the things he says and go to bed not maybe regretting it or thinking about it. The audiance alone is crushing enough for most people...
  • This is a fun show to watch.. My mom tells my to turn the channel when she see\\\'s me watching it.. but hey i know some people that can be on there! hahah my mom makes fun of them with me..AMAZING

I think this show is very interesting and funny. Muray Povich is the host of his own show and he\\\'s really good at it..I have alot of respect for what he dose and him. His show exploits people of their disabilitys, their apperence, and their problems.(SOUNDS KOOL) haha.. It\\\'s good to turn on the tv and be able to say \\\"thank god that\\\'s not me\\\", thank god i have respect for my self!! What people do on this show is stupid.. I can\\\'t believe little girls are willing to be little whores... sorry about the langauge but i just had to say that.. They have no respect for themselves nor do they have respect for their parents..

• I watch the paternity shows just to get a good laugh.

Maury is a pretty decent show. My only problem with him is that he recycles the same couple of topics every week. There\'s the most popular, the paternity test shows. These episodes have it\'s vast range of freguent guest. The lie detector shows are about trying to catch cheating spouses. Usually Maury has a sexy decoy in the green room to intice the cheaters and hopefully catch them on tape. The shocking video shows which are basically footage of, you guessed it, shocking videos. Some other common episodes are: the fat babies, out of control teens, man or woman and the Jack Hanna specials. Maury is a kind, warm-hearted host, but his episodes could speak more on that part if they switched it up a little.
  • This show is soooooo stupid and yet I still watch it

This show is so much like Jerry. I love to watch this show during the paterinity tests. They are always 100% sure and then when they\'re wrong they run of the stage screaming.I also like the lie detector tests they pretty good half the time. But mainliy I like the paternity tests I think thats what keeps this show alive. I ain\'t yo baby\'s daddy, yes u is, look at his nose! look at his nose! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • maury i want to give my loving and beautiful mother a suprise make over to show her how much i love her and possibly get a make over for my self so my family wont be as ashamed of me and just maybe my mother can be\"QUEEN\" for a day .

this show rocks and helps people help others to feel good for themselves just wish i could do the same for my mother and my self. she works all the time and never takes time for herself and i think the best deserves the best. i need to get this done for her as a suprise and a gift to let her know i do care.even though i dont show it much now or even in the past and i want this to open up a new and wonderful life as a mother and daughter relationship should be.this would be a great oppurtunity for my mother and i to start over on looks in fasion and maybe start a great relationship to a healthier life to start on a weight loss program together.i feel it would be great if you could do this makeover for my mother and myself .
< 1 2 3