Maverick Forums

ABC (ended 1962)

hello all / maverick series

hurr78

[1]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 1

Hi new to the site. I originally found the sight by looking for old series's of maverick for my dad as it was has fav when he was young. Now I have found this sight I have hardly been off watching all my own fav's, thank for a great sight.

I am still left with a problem of not letting the old man down. Aol vidoe does the maverick series but I can't get it as I am in the u.k could someone help me out and make my pappy a happy man. If anyone knows where I could download load the maverick episodes I would be gratefully..

Regards

John...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

superrodris

[2]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 25
    Maybe you could try to go into youtube.com and download them into a dvd.

dj_mrt

[3]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 25
    youtube ??? come on... you know something about resolution or quality ? that's pretty old show my friend 1957...woww... i'm trying to find it
    Edited on 04/19/2007 5:26am

bill__b

[4]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 4
    There were some of the shows that made it to VHS tape. I'm not sure of the publication year for those, but maybe there are some around still. Try eBay or put up a wanted notice on ebay for them. You might rustle some out of the sagebrush, pahdnuh.

bill__b

[5]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 4
    Yes, there was an ebay seller offering maybe a dozen VHS tapes of the show with two episodes each. They were from a columbia house series, the extent of which I do not know. The episodes being offered were all over the seasons and the seller did not offer more than episode titles in his descriptions.

ymike673

[6]May 5, 2007
    • level: 11

Does anyone know how many VHS tapes of "Maverick" were released by Columbia House? I have 17 different Columbia House tapes but they were purchased from a private collector.

GodfreyG

[7]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    Here in Australia one of the Pay Television Channels - "Fox Classics" is repeating all of the Maverick episodes in order, one every Saturday and Sunday morning. They have shown all of Series 1 and Series 2 twice, and next weekend start off with the first episode of Series 3 - the much discussed episode where James Garner plays two roles - of course he plays Bret, but also his father "Pappy" as well. I have some episodes stored on DVD recorder. It is amazing what is available for purchase on DVD these days, and perhaps people could get back episodes, or even series from Movie/DVD sellers, or Amazon, or the like. Just a suggestion

Mad_Buck

[8]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 79
    AOL Video has 55 episodes of Maverick that you can watch on-line.

dragonfly_pat

[9]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 19
    Encore Westerns on cable is starting to show the Maverick series. There is a Maverick marathon today, starting with the first 2, but the rest are not in order. I think that they are showing 12 hours of episodes with famous guess stars from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Check out encoretv.com.

DBizTV

[10]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 43

Say, right below these posts there is an ad for Maverick DVD's. I don't know if they weren't available when the question first came up in 2007 or if there is a 'region' coding problem that won't let these play in the UK.

Anyway, does anyone know anything about the quality of this set of DVD's sold here? Is there a better option available now

ymike673

[11]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 11
    Since "Maverick" has not been released on DVD officially I would be worried about the picture quality on those DVD's. The best option would be to record the show off the Encore Western channel since the episodes are aired uncut and without commercials.

DBizTV

[12]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 43
    ymike673 wrote:
    Since "Maverick" has not been released on DVD officially I would be worried about the picture quality on those DVD's. The best option would be to record the show off the Encore Western channel since the episodes are aired uncut and without commercials.

Thanks, pardner, I thought (hoped really) that those DVD's were 'official', at long last. Are they bootlegs? Or is it just that copyright protection has run out? As popular as James Garner is/was (in his heyday), and as popular as DVD sets are for gifts, I can't believe Maverick hasn't been released and 'done up right'. They might miss the boat if they wait much longer as the original fans aren't getting any younger. Thanks again .,.

m00nshadow

[13]Jan 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    DBizTV wrote:
    ymike673 wrote:

Thanks, pardner, I thought (hoped really) that those DVD's were 'official', at long last. Are they bootlegs? Or is it just that copyright protection has run out? As popular as James Garner is/was (in his heyday), and as popular as DVD sets are for gifts, I can't believe Maverick hasn't been released and 'done up right'. They might miss the boat if they wait much longer as the original fans aren't getting any younger. Thanks again .,.

Alas, there is practically no such thing as copyright protection "running out" any more, since Congress passed the Mickey Mouse Protection Act back when Mickey was due to become public property.