Max Headroom

ABC (ended 1988)

Max Headroom Fan Reviews (12)

• Either ahead of it's time or behind in technology. Either way, an awesome series.

When i first watched Max Headroom as a teenager i pretty much believed it. Many people stated that "a world like shown in the series Max Headroom will not happen nor will we see anything like those shows they show on TV there".
    Well we are still not there but the path gets clearer. Meaning that from todays point of view, knowing the development of TV of another decade, the stuff they show in the series seem so much more possible. Doubt the series would be much of a success if aired again. The outdated equipment like monitors and cameras and the overwhelming 80s look is too much a contrast to work as a view 20 minutes into the future when it's 20 years into the past. I wish they would redo the series or at least make it a nice movie tho it might destroy some of the charm the series has.
    If they would film Max Headroom today the stuff would be much more brutal and inhuman than the original as the stuff they showed then wouldn't shock anyone anymore.