Maya & Miguel

Weekdays 4:00 PM on PBS Premiered Oct 11, 2004 In Season

Maya & Miguel Fan Reviews (13)

• Maya keeps Miguel on his toes while Miguel keeps Maya's feet on the ground.

Maya and Miguel are 10 year old twins, and they have a funny pet parrot named Paco. Maya is very bubbly, friendly and always wanting to help, even when no help is needed (or wanted). Miguel is really into sports, especially soccer, and minds his own business unless Maya intervenes. My favorite episode is when Maya thinks Miguel has a crush on a new girl at their school named Esperanza because Maya found a note he wrote to her. But what Maya doesn’t know, is Miguel wrote the note for his friend Andy because Andy doesn’t know any Spanish and Esperanza only speaks Spanish. Maya talks Miguel up to Esperanza, and she ends up having a crush on him, which understandably irritates poor Andy. Maya eventually learns the truth, and starts talking Miguel down to Esperanza, and encourages Andy to talk to her. Poor Esperanza ends up so confused, and Miguel ends up bringing back his old imaginary friend and talking to him in public so Esperanza starts to think he’s wierd, so she finally takes more of an interest in befriending Andy. I was laughing so hard the first time I saw that episode! I’ve learned quite a bit of Spanish watching this show, which is both fun and educational, even for a 20-something like me.