TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

McLeod's Daughters Forums

The Nine Network (ended 2009)

Jumps the shark

When did McLeod's hit rock bottom for you?

diecaro

[1]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 21

I know we already got this "An era is over... a new one beginning"-thread, but since the previous episode was probably the worst idea that a writer on this planet ever came up with (except for the Spice World Movie ), I thought we needed a new thread.

I was just wondering when the show jumped the sharks in your opinion. I gotta say that for me the angel storylineput it over the edge at last. But after rewatching parts of season 4 and 5 lately, I can't help but think that the end started a long time ago. I guess answer 4 would be mine: a bit of all... How about you?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ninnipooh

[2]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 6

I'm with you. And I believe the hole thing started when Claire died. It was still a good show after her and they managed to keep the viewers, but then Tess and Nick left andthen Jodi, and afterwards is has just been one way, and that is right down the drain.

I've said it before, but I can say it again. The perfect ending of this show could and should have been when Tess and Nick left. They could easily have wrapped up the stories for Stevie, Alex and the rest of them perfectly andwe fans would be sad for the ending, but content.

Now they are heading right to h***, and the angel-episode? What in heavens name was that???

KaitlynReynolds

[3]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 23
    This show is sooooooo over... I think the downfall started when Claire left and after her all the good actresses left the show! Losing Jodi was hard and now Kate,too??? Do they really think that someone's still watching the show after that? And, yeah, it's called McLeod's Daughters, so just get new daughters: What a luck that there was the second brother who had kids... I really think that after Michala leaving, there will be a lot of fans, just like me, who think that watching the show will not be worth it anymore...

diecaro

[4]Aug 8, 2007
    Well, I gotta admit that I'll probably keep watching, but I'm such an addict of so many shows, I hardly care anymore what the content is once I'm into it Seriously, I don't wanna give up hope, but since I knew Jodi was leaving, I knew the show was done. Not that I liked her that much - rather the opposite actually. But she was such an important part of the original cast, it just never was the same after her departure. I put all my hope in Stevie & Alex - disappointed. And Kate was an even bigger disappointment. Please let her character have a decent ending, something really cheesy and Kate-like. Doesn't even have to be love, but maybe a great job that puts her 5 year-plan back in motion. I miss old enthusiastic Kate

Lady-Delphinea

[5]Aug 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    I love the show but my entire family found the angel storyline stupid... it was like Days of Our Lives met Home and Away with the country twist... a complete soap opera episode. I still watch every episode along with my brother's but my mum - who was a huge fan thinks the show went odd when Grace came along... and I agree.

diecaro

[6]Aug 18, 2007
    Well, me too. I still watch it, I just don't feel it anymore. You know!? And when the heck are they gonna explain how Alex isn't coming back? They had this video chat, but still no word on why he won't return.

Snyltesoppen

[7]Aug 27, 2007
    • level: 10
    They`ve lost it. they should end it now. They are just repeating themselves. if they want to continue with the same characters, they could just make a spin off or something. It`s kind of wrong to still call it McLeods daughters when only one daughter....which no one has actually heard of....has the lead. I`m bored!

fieke28

[8]Aug 31, 2007
    • level: 12
    ninnipooh wrote:

I'm with you. And I believe the hole thing started when Claire died. It was still a good show after her and they managed to keep the viewers, but then Tess and Nick left andthen Jodi, and afterwards is has just been one way, and that is right down the drain.

I've said it before, but I can say it again. The perfect ending of this show could and should have been when Tess and Nick left. They could easily have wrapped up the stories for Stevie, Alex and the rest of them perfectly andwe fans would be sad for the ending, but content.

Now they are heading right to h***, and the angel-episode? What in heavens name was that???

I agree too. Th angel episode was really bad, but it all started when claire left and it got worse when more and more of the original castmembers left the show. So it's definitely a bit of all!

Solargal

[9]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 1
    I found it difficult to watch after Claire died and tuned out almost completely when Tess left. From what I have heard (dont really watch it anymore), some of the story lines are being repeated but with different characters.

alguna

[10]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 17

They really messed things up when Claire died, then Nick and Tess leaving...

I still watch it, now it's that part when Stevie and Alex are on the 'edge' to be together...

so I don't know what will happen next... but I will probably stop watching it after/if they get together.

archangelwho

[11]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 18

My wife is up to season 6 and as someone who has been watching it on the side the storylines seems okay. My problem is there are toomany who look too much alike. I 'm having trouble keeping up with who who. Came here looking for help.