The Nine Network (ended 2009)

Michala Banas - Leaving

DE1979

[1]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 8

Michala Banas hangs up her McLeod's Daughters hat

From Confidential

July 24, 2007 07:48am

MICHALA Banas is leaving McLeod's Daughters. Following the recent departure of Aaron Jeffery, she has announced she will be next to go.

"After nearly four years with McLeod's Daughters, I have made the extremely difficult decision to leave the series," she says. "I am incredibly grateful for the opportunities McLeod's has given me as an actor, and I will miss the show dearly.

"I have sincerely loved working with such an fantastic cast and extremely hard-working crew, many of whom are my dear friends. I would especially like to thank the fans of the show, who have shown my character, Kate, such support over the years, and wish to let them know that Kate will still be working hard at Drover's Run 'til 2008."

Cast and crew return to Gawler on Monday, where it's understood Michala will shoot her final scenes over the next few weeks.

Executive Producer Karl Zwicky says: "It's been a privilege to see Michala Banas mature on screen so wonderfully and for her character, Kate, to grow from eccentric and comic to one that's really complex and satisfying- funny by turns and then tragic. Kate won't be leaving the series until next year, so we'll have plenty of time to continue to enjoy her."

Michala, who made Drovers Run her home in 2004, joins a long list of recent departures from the show, including Michala's former housemate Rachael Carpani, Brett Tucker and Zoe Naylor.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bairdo_25

[2]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 25
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

diecaro

[3]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 21

Now it's official: the show is done. Come on, you can't seriously expect us to stick with the show when there's literally no one of the characters left that the show has built up for so long. It's all newbies and even they are changing all the time. Awful!

They should have made season 7 the last, now I'll have real problems tuning in for season 8, because I know it'll only get worse. Hopefully, they'll at least get a nice ending for Kate. Unlike Alex. Unlike everyone basically. Kate has been one of my favorite characters and she's been treated awfully this entire season. Maybe, she'll go back to be with Dave again? Something cheesy, but worthy of her, please!!

SuzanneBOBO

[4]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 16
    diecaro wrote:

Now it's official: the show is done. Come on, you can't seriously expect us to stick with the show when there's literally no one of the characters left that the show has built up for so long. It's all newbies and even they are changing all the time. Awful!

They should have made season 7 the last, now I'll have real problems tuning in for season 8, because I know it'll only get worse. Hopefully, they'll at least get a nice ending for Kate. Unlike Alex. Unlike everyone basically. Kate has been one of my favorite characters and she's been treated awfully this entire season. Maybe, she'll go back to be with Dave again? Something cheesy, but worthy of her, please!!

I agree. Letting Kate go is like suicide for the show.
    Isn't it better to just recast the character??
    Kate is my favorite character....this really sucks

ninnipooh

[5]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    I don't think I'm gonna stay with the show after this season... I already feel that I don't get excited when a new episode comes. And know "Kate" is leaving? Well...so will I.

diecaro

[6]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 21
    Maybe I should just get away while I still can, too.... You're right: it's suicide for McLeod's to let Michala go as well. But I'm not a fan of recasts, they're worse than suicide...

heelers_fan

[7]Jul 28, 2007
    • level: 26
    ninnipooh wrote:
    I don't think I'm gonna stay with the show after this season... I already feel that I don't get excited when a new episode comes. And know "Kate" is leaving? Well...so will I.

I feel the same! I never thought I would miss an episode of McLeod's...but sadly I don't hang out for each weeks episode anymore and don't notice when I miss one

DE1979

[8]Aug 1, 2007
    I used to really look forward to Wednesday nights but lately it really has lost something.... not sure i'll be watching as much as i used to.

JustAJunkie

[9]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 10
    Seriously, what the f**k are they doing to the actors of ML out there? Seems like everyone's leaving... Well, I basically kept on watching because of Michala, as soon as she leaves I probably will too.

KaitlynReynolds

[10]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 23
    This show is sooooooo over... I think the downfall started when Claire left and after her all the good actresses left the show! Losing Jodi was hard and now Kate,too??? Do they really think that someone's still watching the show after that? And, yeah, it's called McLeod's Daughters, so just get new daughters: What a luck that there was the second brother who had kids... I really think that after Michala leaving, there will be a lot of fans, just like me, who think that watching the show will not be worth it anymore...

Lady-Delphinea

[11]Aug 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    Well you can't exactly expect the actor's to stick around forever. It's not like they are filming on a dreamy beach. They are on farm land where there are alot of annoying flies, dust, etc.

I'll still watch it however I wish they would ditch Grace. She is seriously ANNOYING.

fieke28

[12]Aug 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    diecaro wrote:

I totally agree with you, they should have stopped after the seventh season, because now only the new one's are over, and to me that's just no fun. It feels like everybody from the original cast is leaving all of the sudden. Maybe they weren't so happy with the storylines anymore, I would totally understand!

Lady-Delphinea

[13]Sep 25, 2007
    • level: 5
    Well Dustin (Riley) is leaving at the same time as Michalea... can anyone see what I am getting too? Seriously, the chemistry between those two characters is slowly building. Riley is always watching out for Kate and she is turning to him alot more as well.

I'll keep watching because my opinion on Grace has changed. I am growing to like her just like I did with Stevie. And I love Stevie- she is my fave.

DE1979

[14]Oct 4, 2007

I can see Marcus and Grace together. It's one of those relationships like Nick and Tess and Stevie and Alex where it slowly builds from friendship.

Love Kate and Riley as a match

banannie

[15]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 22
    Lady-Delphinea wrote:
    ...however I wish they would ditch Grace. She is seriously ANNOYING.

I totally agree. If it wasn't for Stevie I would stop watching McLeod's. How they change the cast all the time really sucks and is absoulutely ridiculous.

lumepilv

[16]Dec 7, 2007
    • level: 1
    For me, the series lost it's touch when Claire McLeod died, then gained a little, when Kate came in. Then it went downhill again when Alex started messing around with girls and it totally fell when Tess McLeod left.

The pushing on of the show is getting annoying. The new characters are not with the amazing-ness that the original ones used to have.

I think that they should have done the end where everyone falls in love etc etc quickly after Tess and Nick left. When they were gone, they should have put Kate & Dave, Jodi & Rob and Alex & Stevie together in a few episodes so the show would have had a hot end. My opinion.