McLeod's Daughters Forums

The Nine Network (ended 2009)

VisionTV airings (in Canada)

Kristhetvgirl2

[1]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 52

Goods news for Canadian fans, my local TV listings magazine TV Week answered my emailed question in next week's issue. I asked when Vision TV will begin airing season 6 of McLeod's and Vision said that it will air it in "early 2007, likely January" and also plans to air season 7 when they acquire that. Wicked!

It'd be real nice for the editor of this guide to actually see the new season rather than just read about it.

Edited on 07/21/2008 6:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kristhetvgirl2

[2]Jan 12, 2007

bump...

Tonight Vision TV in Canada begins airing season 6. Yay I finally get to see the episodes rather than reading/hearing all about them.   http://www.visiontv.ca/Programs/drama_mcleods.html

Kristhetvgirl2

[3]Jul 21, 2008
    If there are any other Canadian viewers of the series you may be as confused as I am. Season 7 started airing here 9 weeks ago and once I noticed it wasn't airing tonight or next week I checked into it. The VisionTV website says "the series has concluded" and several online articles list VisionTV has having "aired all of season 7", calling last week's episode, the "season finale". This is completely incorrect as last week's episode was only episode #8 and season 7 consists of 32 episodes. I have emailed my local TV listings magazine (TV Week - they're very good about answering questions like this) and I have contacted VisionTV as well. Where are the remaining 24 episodes of season 7? I've never had to wait till the DVD release to see a season - plus there's no Season 7 DVD release date yet for Canada. Hopefully VisionTV will figure out this giant error.

*Correction: I received an email from VisionTV that it was an error and the station began airing the new episodes again on August 4th.
    Edited on 08/12/2008 8:51am

Kristhetvgirl2

[4]Dec 8, 2008
    For Canadian viewers, Vision TV is pre-empting the season 7 episodes from Dec 8 to Dec 22 for Christmas specials, new episode will return on Dec 29th.

Kristhetvgirl2

[5]Feb 18, 2009
    Season 8 began airing on February 2, 2009.

Kristhetvgirl2

[6]Jun 12, 2009
    For Canadian fans, just FYI VisionTV dropped airing the season 8 episodes in May/09 and switched it over to the ONE: Body, Mind & Spirit channel. However this past week (1st week of June), they stopped airing the final episodes, leaving episode #18 thru 22 unaired. I asked my local tv guide TV Week as to why this happened and VisionTV responded back with this:

Yes, VisionTV did put McLeod's Daughters on "hiatus" for the summer, and will broadcast the remainder of the show's eighth and final season starting in September. We realize this is probably frustrating to fans, but it was necessary to move some foreign programming content off the VisionTV schedule temporarily in order to meet our Canadian content requirements for the year.

Again, we'll bring McLeod's Daughters back to VisionTV with some fanfare in September, and will give this superb show the send-off it deserves.

With regard to the schedule change on One: the Body, Mind & Spirit channel, I think the logic there is simply to avoid "scooping" VisionTV. Most of the show's Canadian fans do follow McLeod's on Vision, a basic cable service. It's only fair that they should be the first to see the big series finale. One: BMS is a subscriber-only digital service, so many of the show's fans don't have access to it and would miss out.

However I'd like all Canadian fans around who have not seen the final episodes of season 8, season 8 DVD boxset is available for purchase on Amazon.ca: HERE. I won't be waiting till September for this network to "catch up", I'm gonna buy the season this month and watch it asap. Kristhetvgirl
    editor of McLeod's Daughters on TV.com
    Edited on 06/12/2009 9:13am
    Edited 2 total times.

archangelwho

[7]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 18

Theshow is also on Netflix.