Medical Investigation

Little Girl

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Nov 12, 2004 on NBC

• An adopted little girl has fallen ill and needs a healthy bone marrow. As the NIH tries to find out the source of this illness, Eva Rossi must find the right bone marrow transplant from her biological parents before it's too late.

There are several factors that contributes to this wonderful episode. This is one of the episode where Connor just sits in the hospital with the little girl and let his team do the outside work. He did a wonderful job questioning Carla's whereabouts to help find the source. His tone and sympathy should be noted.

Eva's character is the main focus in this episode. It is revealed that she, like Carla, was also adopted. We should all know that Eva is not going to let anything stop her from getting the thing done. We saw her tonight convincing the mother to help her daughter and she never gave up. That makes her a valuable character in the team and the writers did a good job portraying her character as of now.

The biggest strength of this is the team that revolves around Carla, all trying to save her life. The entire team was at the hospital waiting for her to recover. They don't want to fail and their was never any signs of giving up. There is a sense of chemistry between every member of the team, like a team that knows how to win.

And Frank finally got out of Connor's shadow. We finally see him on an away mission along, solving the case with his own skills. Good job!

Final Rating: There is no doubt in my mind that this episode is indeed the season's best one yet. A collective of team work and a passionate story by the writers make this episode a true winner. This show is indeed heading into the right direction. There was no strange viruses or outbreak in this episode. Just a simple case of finding the right bone marrow for a little girl. Carla fought the odds against her and won, just like any bone marrow patients out there that is waiting for a match. Don't give up. With that in mind, this episode deserves all 4 of my stars, proving to be the season's best.

Thank you for reading my review. If you have any questions/comments, feel free to email me at
    avstars87@gmail.com. I will be glad to hear from you.