Medium

Bring Your Daughter to Work Day

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 24, 2010 on CBS

• One of the funniest episodes yet!

For me, one of the funniest episodes yet! (and I'm not an overly big fan of Medium!)

Bridge and Allison swap places for the day with Allison attending school and Bridge working at the DA's office. Great acting from both actresses, Fans of Freaky Friday will love this.
  • Medium meets Freaky Friday

Medium meets Freaky Friday.

Patricia Arquette and Marie Lark reprise the Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsey Lohan roles in "Freaky
  • Couldn't stand it

2.5
    I'm sorry, but this was a low point. This episode showcased so many of the frustrations and annoyances I have with the series in general. I'll just address two, though:

1) they never explain why they just don't tell Devalos what's going on. The real reason? You wouldn't get all the "hilarious" situations.

2) I can't disagree more with the other reviewer when it comes to the music. This is the 3rd, 4th, or 5th time that the show has used a single snippet of music repeatedly throughout an episode, and it's just about the most annoying thing I've experienced on TV. This song (or part of a song) in particular grated on me every single time it played. Do they think there's some sort of artistic meaning in doing this? I'm guessing it's more likely that they decided it would be cheaper to only get the rights to one song and not have to write any original music. All I know is that this show needs to stop doing this. It's obnoxious. I've never wished more that I had a way to contact a TV show about something...
  • I have to confess, the concept of this episode really bothered me at first but I need not have worried because they made it work well.

Everyone is familiar with the whole "Freaky Friday" mother-daughter body switching concept but, when that happens in an episode of 'Medium', you have to wonder why.

In this case, it was Allison and Bridgette who did the switch after videos of a homeless man seemingly being forced to harm himself found their way onto the internet. When Allison and Bridgette swapped bodies and a young boy at Bridgette's school was accused of murder, it was up to Bridgette (or was it Allison????) to exonerate him.

A good strong episode once we got past the first fifteen minutes which were a little dull. Great performance by the talented Maria Lark and, when she got into her stride, good work by Patricia Arquette as well. Don't let the first few minutes put you off, it's worth watching.
  • I really enjoyed this season premiere

I thought this was a great episode to start off the season. When I saw the preview for this, I thought it was going to be an awful season premiere, it's just, the acting didn't seem very convincing when I saw the preview.  But when the episode started and it was half way over, I thought it was really good. It had a lot of humor in it too. Just after the episode ended I was 100% wrong about  me thinking that it was going to be bad. Since I thought this episode was well put together, let's just hope throughout the season it'll be the same :)
  • a great way to start the new season :) some spoilers i think.

Look... lets not kid ourselves here and say this was the most original idea ever. But it was about time that Medium tackled a freaky friday story line and they pulled it off masterfully. It was delightfully cheesy and fun. I was impressed by maria lark's acting and I was especially impressed that they addressed how awkward the situation is for a married couple. The one thing that Medium has always done well is the use of a song as a theme throughout each episode and they did that with this one too and I cant help it, I;m going to have Sara Barellies stuck in my head all week. all in all it was adorable and a really fun way to start the season.