Medium

Dead Meat

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 14, 2010 on CBS

7.7
  • What looks like "Babe" is anything but!

At first I thought, oh no, a bleeding heart, politically correct, animal rights screed.

But lo and behold, what looks like an oh so PC clone of the animal rights film "Babe" is anything but!

• Barney the pig and little Marie steal the show. Barney's conversation with mama pig is a heart-wrenching homage to George Orwell's Animal Farm. Marie is so sweet - to find she knew the action figures to be her father's was heartwarming.

I absolutely loved this episode! After the first few minutes, I was desperate to discover who the writers were. I noticed a definite Joss Whedon influence. DH and I laughed and cringed frequently throughout the episode, although I'm certain this one will generate letters of protest. The twists and turns the story took kept this viewers focus for the entire episode. At no point could I turn away and consider this show "white noise". The comic book was a nice touch, and I can recall weekly trips to the local comic book store on the day the comics came out. The throughstory about the action figures was heartwarming and alludes to the special powers of the third daughter. I hope the series lasts long enough to explore all of their powers.