Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

2-22 Twice Upon A Time (season finale)

dhomp

[1]May 22, 2006
    • level: 43
    Please discuss episode here.
    (original airdate: May 22nd, 2006)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Cordata

[2]May 22, 2006
    • level: 11

Yawn...  Not a very original plot line, especially for the season finale. 

I definitely lost interest more and more as the episode went on...

justjoshinyou

[3]May 22, 2006
    • level: 10
    I was VERY dissappointed in this episode. So wasn't "Season Finale" material either! Urgh, worst episdode I think too...I was really expecting a cliff-hanger like last season, but no - what we got was a *yawn*.

Grr. The other thing I don't get was...was that Allison's actual life before she met Joe? Like is that how they met and stuff?

marvelfan89

[4]May 23, 2006
    • level: 39

justjoshinyou wrote:
    I was VERY dissappointed in this episode. So wasn't "Season Finale" material either! Urgh, worst episdode I think too...I was really expecting a cliff-hanger like last season, but no - what we got was a *yawn*. Grr. The other thing I don't get was...was that Allison's actual life before she met Joe? Like is that how they met and stuff?

I disagree that the episode was terrible, I liked the fact that they put Allison in a slight different scenario, but I had the same question you had. I think was a dream or vision of sorts that Allison used to close the case.

24inchdubs

[5]May 23, 2006
    • level: 1
    I agree with you marvel. It was interesting to see what Allison and Joe's life would have been like. I think it is better without the cliffhanger, can start the new season fresh.

mehitable

[6]May 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    I missed Scanlon.

Bak2Zak

[7]May 23, 2006
    • level: 1
    Well, I think it was a great episode. And let me explain why I think so and how I saw it.

Everything begins with Alison meeting her grandmother and that is an important part of the show. What I think is most important when grandma says "Every thing is, as it is. Everything is, as it must be, at this moment.".

The whole story is wraped around these words. What would happen, if Alisons grandmother would realy wakeup earlier and Alison wouldn't burn herself? Could her life take another turning point from that moment on? Could it be, that becouse she wouldn't have to go to hospital that day that her life would go in a way that she would end up being married to that other guy John and never meet Joe? Could she rely become a lawyer and become a junior partner in that firm?

That's why at the end she meets her greandmother again and tells her to go back to sleep, that althoug she burnd herself it was for a reason. That that burn was a part of her life and it made here as she is today.

Well, we don't know what goes on on "the other side". Perhaps her greanmother knew what was going to happen and decidet to help her. She decidet to give her two things at the same time. One one side she gave here the dream that explaind the whole murder thing and on the other the knowledge and understanding that everything is the way it's suppose to be.

That's my view. I think it was a great episode. Hope to S3 soon

Peggy_Porcupine

[8]May 23, 2006
    • level: 13

As a season finale, it was not a cliff hanger.

I know many watched it because the former JAG star, David James Elliott (DJE), was on it. With all the hype from DJE fans I thought I would watch the program too. The story wasn't bad, but, like I already said, for a season finale, not a cliff hanger. Not like ER and NCIS and many of the old JAG seasons.

Did any of you notice the 3 editing errors? All while he (David) was shaving.

Just my 2 cents worth

Peggy from Porcupine
    aka
    Peggy Bendell

Edited on 08/19/2006 1:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

justjoshinyou

[9]May 23, 2006
    What do you mean editing errors? What were they?

Pedroff

[10]May 24, 2006
    • level: 6

Peggy_Porcupine wrote:

As a season finale, it was not a cliff hanger.

I know many watched it because the former JAG star, David James Elliott (DJE), was on it. With all the hype from DJE fans I thought I would watch the program to. The story wasn't bad, but, like I already said, for a season finale, not a cliff hanger. Not like ER and NCIS and many of the old JAG seasons.

Did any of you notice the 3 editing errors? All while he (David) was shaving.

Just my 2 cents worth

Peggy from Porcupine
    aka
    Peggy Bendell

That's funny, cause I never got interested in JAG, tried several times to watch an episode, was just too boring to me. As far as the Medium season finale, I enjoyed it very much and found it quite entertaining without a flaw.

EranE

[11]May 24, 2006
    • level: 12
    I'm by no means a cliffhanger queen but this episode was NOT season finale material - it was a good filler episode at best but I'm still in love with this show so that and hiatus makes everything absolvable.
    See you in the autumn!

djbliss

[12]May 24, 2006
    lol what is it with you americans and your need for cliffhangers?

theyre just corny, cheap tricks used by shows to keep you tuned in. Medium is above that. you can forgive the writers for using it last year because it was their first season and were under pressure to deliver larger numbers.

is this why lost is so popular? or 24 for that matter? i think its pathetic to be honest..

justjoshinyou

[13]May 24, 2006

What is with forieners also critizing Americans with things that aren't American - people that wanted to see a cliffhanger is nothing AMERICAN, but rather it is the individuals personal opinion on what they would like to see. I have nothing against people who aren't american, but when the begin to say things "What is with Americans and/who...", that bothers the hell out of me.

Since a cliffhanger is usually part of any shows season finale (in all the finales I have seen), I was expecting one from Medium. It sure would have been a lot more interesting then this episode. I just found this one like any other...Perhaps I was just expecting more.

Oh and forgive me  for voicing my opinion.
    Edited on 05/24/2006 4:35pm

silent_medium

[14]May 24, 2006
    • level: 14
    there was no cliffhanger. that was so boring. is medium going downhill?

sauskeroxmysox

[15]May 24, 2006
    • level: 2

I agree with tha fact that it wasn't a very good season finale, but I did like how even if she did marry the other guy (john?) she would still end up with Joe. I thought that was really good but I think that should have been in an episode where Allison doubted her marrige.

silent_medium

[16]May 24, 2006
    • level: 14
    that episode was boring. medium used to be exciting, but now i can barely bring myself to watch it!!! if you want a really good show that ALWAYS has that amazing edge-of-your-seat suspense, watch House Tuesdays on Fox. I have watched House for 2 years and I have not seen ONE boring episode! House is AWESOME!!!

justjoshinyou

[17]May 24, 2006
    I think the whole plot-line on how everyone found out she was phychic and working for the DA was the best part. I wish the would have stuck with it instead of her going back in time and redoing that whole situation so no one came to find out...That would have made a great cliffhanger!

I don't think Medium is going downhill, no. I just think the writers have something up their sleeve OR maybe this episode wasn't even entended to be the finale? Maybe NBC was just like "We need an episode by this date" and the ppl at the show hadnt yet filmed the finale and just gave them the one they had finished and slapped the title "season finale" on it?

I so wish we could have gotten an explanation as to why this wasnt finale-ish!

djbliss

[18]May 25, 2006

justjoshinyou wrote:
    What is with forieners also critizing Americans with things that aren't American - people that wanted to see a cliffhanger is nothing AMERICAN, but rather it is the individuals personal opinion on what they would like to see. I have nothing against people who aren't american, but when the begin to say things "What is with Americans and/who...", that bothers the hell out of me.

Since a cliffhanger is usually part of any shows season finale (in all the finales I have seen), I was expecting one from Medium. It sure would have been a lot more interesting then this episode. I just found this one like any other...Perhaps I was just expecting more.

Oh and forgive me  for voicing my opinion.

well i might be wrong but this IS an american show right?

and the majority (if not all) who has commented on this thread thus far has been american.  now i'll say it again, why is there a need for a cliffhanger?  its just so predictible and cliched. are you guys the same people who visit the imdb website and demand allison start an affair with scanlon?   why stop there - lets have joe killed off or one of the kids kidnapped - that'll make a great cliffhanger!

IlyanaRVS

[19]May 26, 2006
    • level: 30
    Just have to interject - it was not a cliffhanger, it was a season finale, and it was a fun episode. I don't know if it really was an episode with enough impact to be a season finale, but it was a good story, and I'm definitely looking forward to the new season, even though it's looking like it won't be back until mid-season - at least that's the rumour I read. 

Pedroff

[20]May 26, 2006

IlyanaRVS wrote:
    Just have to interject - it was not a cliffhanger, it was a season finale, and it was a fun episode. I don't know if it really was an episode with enough impact to be a season finale, but it was a good story, and I'm definitely looking forward to the new season, even though it's looking like it won't be back until mid-season - at least that's the rumour I read.

That's right, they didn't say it was a cliffhanger, some of you people fail to realize that.