Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

2-22 Twice Upon A Time (season finale)

silent_medium

[21]May 28, 2006
    • level: 14
    Pedroff wrote:
    IlyanaRVS wrote:
    Just have to interject - it was not a cliffhanger, it was a season finale, and it was a fun episode. I don't know if it really was an episode with enough impact to be a season finale, but it was a good story, and I'm definitely looking forward to the new season, even though it's looking like it won't be back until mid-season - at least that's the rumour I read.

That's right, they didn't say it was a cliffhanger, some of you people fail to realize that.

realized, but if they dont have exciting ends to season finales then some viewers won't want to come back.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

justjoshinyou

[22]May 29, 2006
    • level: 10

silent_medium wrote:
    Pedroff wrote:
    IlyanaRVS wrote:
    Just have to interject - it was not a cliffhanger, it was a season finale, and it was a fun episode. I don't know if it really was an episode with enough impact to be a season finale, but it was a good story, and I'm definitely looking forward to the new season, even though it's looking like it won't be back until mid-season - at least that's the rumour I read.

That's right, they didn't say it was a cliffhanger, some of you people fail to realize that.

realized, but if they dont have exciting ends to season finales then some viewers won't want to come back.

^ Agreed exactly.

djbliss

[23]May 29, 2006
    • level: 6
    and thats what i cant stand about americans..

the way i look at it (and it seems true about any show) - the more "exciting" and full of action you make it, the more far fetched and unplausible it becomes. your viewers will expect bigger and better next time around and you are stuck trying to impress them with coming up with something even more crazy! eventually the audience becomes diluted and gets to a point where they dont find things that exciting. i like the balance they have on the show and the "realness" of it. i like the fact that in 2 full seasons, no character has been in mortal danger, allison isnt banging scanlon, or killed off. shows like 24 and alias started off brightly in early seasons and then just completly jumped ship because of people demanding "more explosions" (metaphor not actual explosions)

dustjessie2

[24]May 29, 2006
    mehitable wrote:
    I missed Scanlon.

I did not.

Pedroff

[25]May 29, 2006

silent_medium wrote:
    Pedroff wrote:
    IlyanaRVS wrote:

Not everyone thinks this way, that's another epiphany for you.

ElenaLeilaBijou

[26]May 29, 2006
    Who's that actor that was working with Larry Watt?  He looks soo familiar and he was credited as part of the cast...  It's bothering me.   Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

silent_medium

[27]May 30, 2006
    Pedroff wrote:
    silent_medium wrote:
    Pedroff wrote:
    IlyanaRVS wrote:

i know! i said SOME not ALL!! calm down

Pedroff

[28]May 30, 2006

silent_medium wrote:
    Pedroff wrote:
    silent_medium wrote:
    Pedroff wrote:
    IlyanaRVS wrote:

Relax, it's just a suggestion.

rockn_roller

[29]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 7

Pedroff wrote:
    silent_medium wrote:
    Pedroff wrote:
    silent_medium wrote:
    Pedroff wrote:
    IlyanaRVS wrote:

Relax, it's just a suggestion.

pls stop quoting.

rockn_roller

[30]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 7

This episode may not be very exciting or not worth for a season final, but you cannot erase the whole show for one episode.

And i think when you look at the big picture, it is the one of the greatest shows in tv. (that can scare the sh*t out of me!)

Yeah i know House or Lost is great too but they have different concept.

So i say, watch all. But don't miss Medium!

Digger3000

[31]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 43
    Well it wasn't a shocking season finale, but it was a pretty good season finale.

silent_medium

[32]Jun 4, 2006
    Digger3000 wrote:
    Well it wasn't a shocking season finale, but it was a pretty good season finale.

it wasn't shocking, agreed. it was pretty good, i thought it was boring. maybe it would have been better had i watched it from the beginning

RenLissa_Can

[33]Jun 10, 2006
    • level: 8

Bak2Zak wrote:
    Well, I think it was a great episode. And let me explain why I think so and how I saw it. Everything begins with Alison meeting her grandmother and that is an important part of the show. What I think is most important when grandma says "Every thing is, as it is. Everything is, as it must be, at this moment.". The whole story is wraped around these words. What would happen, if Alisons grandmother would realy wakeup earlier and Alison wouldn't burn herself? Could her life take another turning point from that moment on? Could it be, that becouse she wouldn't have to go to hospital that day that her life would go in a way that she would end up being married to that other guy John and never meet Joe? Could she rely become a lawyer and become a junior partner in that firm? That's why at the end she meets her greandmother again and tells her to go back to sleep, that althoug she burnd herself it was for a reason. That that burn was a part of her life and it made here as she is today. Well, we don't know what goes on on "the other side". Perhaps her greanmother knew what was going to happen and decidet to help her. She decidet to give her two things at the same time. One one side she gave here the dream that explaind the whole murder thing and on the other the knowledge and understanding that everything is the way it's suppose to be. That's my view. I think it was a great episode. Hope to S3 soon

I agree - it wasn't a cliffhanger or jaw dropping type season fianle - but it was good, and it did make you think - really Star Trek had it right all along - do not mess with the sapce time contimuim. 

buvall

[34]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 1

yone know the music that was played in 2.22?

justacsifreak

[35]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 12
    buvall wrote:

yone know the music that was played in 2.22?

The song played throughout the episode was "Lullaby" by the Dixie Chicks.

Smoker25

[36]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 15
    that was the worst season finale ive ever seen...

ionee24

[37]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 32

I admit it was sort of a valentine to Joe and Allison but after two seasons worth of marital problems, children related problems and job problems it was nice to see them as couple for a change.

netgoddess

[38]Aug 28, 2009
    It wasn't that strong for a finale but it was a good if not different episode. I like the plotlines of seeing one's parallel universe "doppelganger" life. It was kind of interesting, although I thought her "other" hubby was an extremely boring character. I don't see what she saw in him, and it couldn't have just been the money; if you're a junior partner in a law firm you have the kind of income that you'd not likely marry into money, plus Allison's character doesn't strike me as materialistic. So the relationship was pretty weak IMO. I do find it extremely deus ex machinia for the twin sister of the murdered girl to show up in court. On so many levels that was just way too far fetched. A twin wouldn't lie to cover up her sister's murder for any amount of money, as twins are extremely emotionally connected. Plus it was all too convenient that only the defendant knew about this twin while the prosecution was clueless.

In spite of these complaints I did still find the episode overall enjoyable and an interesting break from they typical format.