Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

2x12 - Doctor's Order's

Cordata

[1]Jan 9, 2006
    • level: 11
    Ok... This is getting old fast.

It took them 45 minutes to backtrack up to why they're finally locking up Allison. All she had to do was ask what was going on before she jumps the father...

Not that it would happen, but it would be nice if Allison gets a few months in jail for assault.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

efeatherston

[2]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 3
    Cordata wrote:
    Ok... This is getting old fast.

It took them 45 minutes to backtrack up to why they're finally locking up Allison. All she had to do was ask what was going on before she jumps the father...

She had been manipulated to the point of sheer terror by the whacko ghost, she didn't think she had time to ask, she was convinced the doctor had been co-opted by the whacko. She saw blood, she saw a sharp instrument in his hands hovering over her daughter, and knowing what she knew about whacko's influence, she reacted instinctually to protect her child. I found it very believable given her circumstances.

tjaman

[3]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 32
    Yeah, the ghost absolutely framed Allison.

His big m.o. was getting people he'd been influencing all their lives to become doctors to do his Jack-the-Ripping for him. And he got inside the butcher's head and was about to strike, but he wanted Allison out of the way, since he's been down this path with her.

So he starts nudging Ariel toward the doctor's son, and makes it look like he's a voice in the doctor's head. And sets up exactly the situation where it will looklike the doctor is hurting her child.

It's perfect. Because when you're dead, you've got a lot of time to plan these sorts of things.

And it almost worked -- he nearly got a girl killed.

Personally, I thought the way they structured the story was absolutely brilliant. The only thing I didn't buy was Ariel's ability to lie to her mother. Even by misdirection, I'm thinking Allison knows her daughters pretty well.

That being said, I was completely creeped out by the bad guy talking to Ariel and the desperate situation when Allison finally figured everything out. I even liked Joe stepping in with a reasonable explanation as to why she's focusing on the doctor. The reveal was good, the twist was twisty and the resolution was superb.

Too bad about that poor innocent doctor's nose.

EranE

[4]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 12
    I think it's time Alyson sat Arielle down and had the "ghosts and the murderers" talk with her, don't you?

More than anything, I admire a parent wanting to protect their child's innocence but for heaven's sake, your daughter whom you already know has your powers has just been stalked by a 100+ year old ghost of a serial killer and she still doesn't realise it's a ghost.

TELL HER, WOMAN, TELL HER!!!

When Bridget was speaking to the dead little boy last season, we could have excused that for a 6 year old and her imaginary friend, but a 13 year old girl talking to "thin air" in the library.
    It's Alyson's and Joe's responsibility in my opinion to talk with their eldest and slowly, bit by bit ease her into her gift and teach her how to live with it, interpret it, and interact with it (and the people only she is going to be able to see).

Having said that, I thought it was a bloody terrific episode! They're starting to get the uber-scary feeling of early season one back and it's working for me!

Two thumbs up

efeatherston

[5]Jan 10, 2006
    I was just realizing, this episode brings up and interesting problem with Allison's powers. The fact that the ghost serial killer was able to manipulate her dreams to show her only what he wanted her to see (although it was all still actual events, context is everything as they say). She has to be real careful about that. The motives of those causing her dreams comes into play big time. This is twice she has been influenced by the ghost of a killer (the previous episode with the serial killer that carved young girls up)

Kyara1980

[6]Jan 11, 2006
    • level: 12
    What's up with this site? Is there an error? Says this episode only has a rating of 1.8 :S.

dustjessie

[7]Jan 11, 2006
    • level: 2
    Brilliant ep. I'm sure many of us would of reacted in a similar manner. God help the Doctor who has a psycho woman going all Rambo on his ass.

Still as soon as Scanlon started reading, her rights, I thought 'Nooo what have you done, you silly woman'.

Anyway whats wrong with a 12 year old and a 14 year old dating. Sheesh, it isn't set in Texas is it.

MIKED2023

[8]Jan 17, 2006
    There are no rules pertaining to her visions, she sees whatever the writers want her to see. The show doesn't make sense 100% of the time. As much as I love this show, it is hardly consistent with its storytelling prowess.