Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Another Schedule Change?!

PMcOuntry

[1]May 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    I just saw that Medium will change time slots yet again in the Fall, now to Sunday?! Why do they keep doing this? I'm gonna need another VCR, lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SeerMagicX

[2]May 14, 2008
    • level: 16

yes it's fraking stupid. everytime they move it away from monday's, it does bad. why are they moving it? it does very good monday's at 10pm, this show is way to adult to be on at 9pm on sundays.

But it's not suprising, networks have been fraking stupid for years. Sundays at 9pm will make this show visit allison in her dreams.

robinepowell

[3]May 14, 2008
    • level: 63
    SeerMagicX wrote:

yes it's fraking stupid. everytime they move it away from monday's, it does bad. why are they moving it? it does very good monday's at 10pm, this show is way to adult to be on at 9pm on sundays.

But it's not suprising, networks have been fraking stupid for years. Sundays at 9pm will make this show visit allison in her dreams.

Not to mention the fact that it will be in competion with Desperate Houswives.

Maybe because it didn't do so well Mondays at ten and NBC has something in the 9:00 timeslot.

Stang777

[4]May 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    They said the same thing last year about it going to Sunday nights for the season that just ended, but it never happened. Maybe same thing will happen for next season.

pisceandreams

[5]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 40

robinepowell wrote:
    Not to mention the fact that it will be in competion with Desperate Houswives. Maybe because it didn't do so well Mondays at ten and NBC has something in the 9:00 timeslot.

On the contrary, Medium did very well for the network on Mondays at 10 pm in the '07-'08 season. I think the idea is that because Medium is one of the network's top-rated shows, they want to move it to Sundays, which has a larger viewing audience than Mondays, in an attempt to gain viewiers. The only problem is, as pointed out, is that it will be competing with Desperate Housewives, which will be tough. At least Medium is making the move after Desperate Housewives has begun to show some vulnerability. This broke out into a debate in another thread, but the fact remains that Housewives no longer has the level of popularity it once had and has been shedding viewers since its 3rd season. As for how well Medium will do pitted against Housewives remains to be seen.

Stang777 wrote:
    They said the same thing last year about it going to Sunday nights for the season that just ended, but it never happened. Maybe same thing will happen for next season.

The network had every intention of moving Medium to Sundays for the '07-'08 season had there not been the WGA strike, which caused changes in the scheduling and resulted in Medium airing on Mondays for last season.

Edited on 08/03/2008 7:47am
    Edited 2 total times.

HermioneLily

[6]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    I think Medium is a strong contender against DHW's... I can't imagine DHW is nearly as strong as it's first season where medium is a class act that gains viewers if anything...

tarheelusa

[7]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 6
    If it moves to Sunday nights at 10pm, that will put it opposite of Army Wives... oh don't ask me to make that choice!

pammyjoisme

[8]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 4

I really do not care what time, day or channel, I will be watching "Medium" when it returns.

NJZ

[9]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 29
    What's the average ratings Medium gets? Coz DH is always 20+ million every week on average.