Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

are there any real mediums that want to chat?

silent_medium

[1]May 4, 2006
    • level: 14
    i am a medium. anyone else?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SpiritualFields

[2]May 7, 2006
    • level: 1
    get any replies?

silent_medium

[3]May 8, 2006
    what?

svu10gg

[4]May 9, 2006
    • level: 4
    i'm the angel of death.

Pedroff

[5]May 9, 2006
    • level: 6

silent_medium wrote:
    i am a medium. anyone else?

I don't think you're going to be taken seriously here after all this is the internet and anyone can claim to be anything.

silent_medium

[6]May 10, 2006
    you can believe want you want. i am not going to force you. people that force you to believe them are usually the liars
    (not trying to sound rude. sorry if it seems that way)

Mare1966

[7]May 12, 2006
    • level: 2

I believe in mediums and such but i do have to wonder how does one know they r a medium?

I have dreams that sometimes come true. I mean nothing like the show.

But sometimes i dream of people ive never seen before and they i see them in a mall or on the street.

I wonder if i really did see them before and it was in my subconcus mind?

Any way good luck to you finding another medium to talk with.

My name is Mare by the way and im new to the forum.

silent_medium

[8]May 14, 2006
    if you can see the dead, it is a pretty good indicator that you might be a medium

Mare1966

[9]May 15, 2006
    • level: 2

Oh no i don't see the dead that would scare me. But i guess it would be kind of neat.  I did have a few different things happen to me over my life sence i was a child. as someone calling my name.

And a very strainge thing happen when my daughter was 2 she had 2 friends she called Katie and Sara we figured they were just invisible friends untill on day she told us they lived in the river behind our house with their dad.

We lived in a small town and i went to the town hall looked up old papaers and such to find out 2children and their father with the names Katie and Sara drowned in that river about 6years before. But as she got older she stoped playing with them or talking to them. And then we moved back to Toronto. She doesnt remember them now and shes 12yrs old now.

But i believed her.

Mare

tvlover89

[10]May 15, 2006
    • level: 10
    I believe you a real medium, theres no reason why I shouldn't. But I don't think many other medium will be hanging around this forum. You know alice debra is a real medium, the shows really based on a real person thats part of what makes it so cool.

silent_medium

[11]May 17, 2006
    i know all about allison DuBois being a real life medium. some people may think that being a medium is weird, but i think that being a medium is awesome. there is nothing like it.

Jrr6415sun

[12]May 23, 2006
    • level: 9
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 05/23/2006 5:28pm

justacsifreak

[13]May 23, 2006
    • level: 12

Jrr6415sun wrote:
    you're an idiot

No, I believe YOU are the idiot for saying such a thing. In the words of Stephanie Tanner: How rude!

silent_medium

[14]May 24, 2006
    i doubt that everyone believes me. call me an idiot, i don't mind. it is true. if you believe; that's great. if not; that's fine, too.

Dr_Jan_Itor

[15]Jul 20, 2006

tvlover89 wrote:
    I believe you a real medium, theres no reason why I shouldn't. But I don't think many other medium will be hanging around this forum. You know alice debra is a real medium, the shows really based on a real person thats part of what makes it so cool.

No reason? How about solid proof?

I don't know why I bother to bump this when the thread seems pretty dead (anybody tried talking to it?), but it sometimes baffles me that people rather believe their or others imagination when there could be medical/scientific explanations that make so much more sense. Maybe not the smartest thing for me to post this on a Medium board.

Google 'Allison Dubois debunked' and one of the first links that comes up is from The Twopercentcompany. Sure, they can come of as a bit rude at times but they did a great Allison debunked week once which makes for an interesting read.

And on a side note, Alice Debra? That was funny...

silent_medium

[16]Jul 22, 2006
    Dr_Jan_Itor wrote:

tvlover89 wrote:

No reason? How about solid proof?

I don't know why I bother to bump this when the thread seems pretty dead (anybody tried talking to it?), but it sometimes baffles me that people rather believe their or others imagination when there could be medical/scientific explanations that make so much more sense. Maybe not the smartest thing for me to post this on a Medium board.

Google 'Allison Dubois debunked' and one of the first links that comes up is from The Twopercentcompany. Sure, they can come of as a bit rude at times but they did a great Allison debunked week once which makes for an interesting read.

And on a side note, Alice Debra? That was funny...

first of all: you dont have to believe me, that's fine.
    second of all: you dont have to be rude!! "alice Debra" oops! somebody didnt get the name right. so what?!
    "but it sometimes baffles me that people rather believe their or others imagination when there could be medical/scientific explanations that make so much more sense." that just shows the world that you dont HAVE an imagination. i have no problem with medical/scientific explanations, but a person has to let some things fall to imagination. not everything can be explained/seen. sometimes you have to believe or even pretend. things DONT have to make sense!!! that's the beauty of the world!!!

Dr_Jan_Itor

[17]Jul 23, 2006

oookeeeeee,

First of all, if a little sarcasm is already rude, then feelings get hurt a little too quickly here, so come on. I wasn't even calling names or mocking anyone. Not everybody has to be protected that much already... Getting the name of the lead character right shouldn't be that hard after all, it's plastered all over this board. So sorry if what I said is perseved to be rude.

For not having a imagination, don't jump to conclusions just yet. It's not about having imagination or not, it's about how far you want to take it. I believe that people have the right to do whatever they want to do, as long as it doesn't interfere with the rights of others. People can believe whatever they want to as long as they don't try to push it on others (not that you are doing that, just in general) and they don't expect NOT to be mocked about it. There's no right to not be mocked. Seriously, whether you believe in God, Santa, the Tooth fairy or a great big spaghetti monster in the sky, go ahead, but don't expect people to not try to rationalize said believe system with logic or scientifically proven arguments, or debunk that believe system at all.

All that ranting aside, really, go to http://www.twopercentco.com/rants/archives/2005/03/medium_the_dubi_1.html and read the five parter. Yes, it's quite a read, but it should be educating.

What I do have a problem without however, is twisted people who try to make a buck out of other people their misery. Look, I'm in no way claiming to know anything about your situation or implying anything about your self-proclaimed 'gift'. But fact is, many so-called mediums make boat loads of cash by ripping of people who have lost a family member, partner or close one in the past. Check out cold reading and see how easy it is to lead someone on, let alone when someone is really skilled in it. I've seen it, had it done to me, it can be quite convincing.

Or check out http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180681,00.html about Sylvia Brown, another one of those critically acclaimed 'mediums'.

The thing is, most stuff in the world does make sense, even if we haven't exactly found out why. But to resort to some kind of woo woo meaning that's behind it doesn't help a lot, you can still see the effects of the stranglehold that organized religion has (had) on the world for almost 2000 years. But let's not get into that debate here.

Believe what you want to believe, seriously, all I'm saying is, try to look at it a little more skeptically. That's what I (try) to do, and living without a belief in a divine omnipotent force and/or the supernatural, I'm still reasonably happy.

But if I'm totally wrong on anything, please, tell me.

tvlover89

[18]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 10
    Okay chill out "doctor" I know your kind believes in logic over the "supernatural" and what can't be explained by medicine and science and that's fine. But don't go dashing out on "slient_medium" I think she's telling the truth, I mean it be kinda pointless to go on a forum and pretend to be what you not and I think she is a real medium. Joining the ranks of Alice Deburi and Sylivia Brown. You could have an opinion but don't act like its fact.

Dr_Jan_Itor

[19]Jul 25, 2006

tvlover89 wrote:
    Okay chill out "doctor" I know your kind believes in logic over the "supernatural" and what can't be explained by medicine and science and that's fine. But don't go dashing out on "slient_medium" (...) You could have an opinion but don't act like its fact.

Hey, if I was anymore 'chill' than I am now I'd be a friggin' polar bear. I didn't lash out at any one, sure, I might have used a little sarcasm. But seeing silent_medium is a House M.D. fan, I thought she'd be able to appreciate it. I only pointed out one thing as fact in my long rant: "But fact is, many so-called mediums make boat loads of cash by ripping of people who have lost a family member, partner or close one in the past." That's it, and are you saying there's no truth to that? Do some research, see how many con(wo)men there have been out there throughout the ages.

And thank you so much for allowing me to have an opinion, may I also have one on how naive you appear to be?

tvlover89 wrote:
    I think she's telling the truth, I mean it be kinda pointless to go on a forum and pretend to be what you not and I think she is a real medium. Joining the ranks of Alice Deburi and Sylivia Brown.

Are you kidding me? Tell that to all the pre-teens out there who got fooled by some pervy pedophile who pretended to be of their age and/or sex. The internet is all about being able to pretend you're someone(thing) that you're actually not. Excuse me for not accepting she's a real medium just because you think so.

I have something to tell you; my real name is Kal-El, I'm the son of Jor-El and I come from a planet called Krypton. I have a lot of daddy issues but I go out and save the world on an almost daily basis anyway. It would be pointless of me to tell you this if I was not Kal-El, so hey, then I must be him, right? See where I'm going with this?

And joining the ranks Allison Dubois and Sylvia Brown? Read the following outtakes from a transcript that I linked to above but you seemingly didn't read:

wrote:
    She [Sylvia Brown, ed.] had the bad luck to be commenting on a developing news story — the mining disaster in West Virginia —- which took a surprise turn.

That tragic twist — that the wrong announcement had been made about the miners’ fates — turned out to be even worse for Browne.

(...)

Browne, (...), was relieved to hear from Noory that all but one of the miners was alive.

Noory: "Had you been on the program today, would [you] have felt if — because they heard no sound — that this was a very gloomy moment — and that they might have all died?"

Browne: "No. I knew they were going to be found. I hate people that say something after the fact. It’s just like I knew when the pope was dead. Thank God I was on Montel’s show. I said, according to the time, it was 9-something and whatever Rome time was. And I said he was gone, and he was."

(...)

Noory soon announced that there were new reports that all but one of the miners was dead.

Browne — who was still in the studio taking questions from listeners — had to say something. Now she was just riffing: "I don’t think there’s anybody alive, maybe one. How crazy for them to report that they were alive when they weren’t!" Then she added: "I just don’t think they are alive." She cleared her throat, and there was a deafening pause.

(...)

She blurted: "I didn't believe that they were alive."

Noory: "What’s that, the miners?"

Browne: "Yeah, I didn’t think — and see, I’ve been on the show with you, but I don’t think there’s any that are going to make it."

Noory: "They say there are 12 gone. I think we threw you a curveball, we were telling you after the fact."

Browne: "Yeah, no, I did believe that they were gone.".

Yeah, she's the real deal alright. She probably never took up the Million Dollar Challenge from James Randi (although she once said on Larry King Live that she would) because she's stinkin' rich already.

If you really think she's actually doing it to help people out, should I even bother handing you evidence on a platter like the Brown story above?

PS You don't believe self professed mediums are frauds, but you do believe that love is some BS feeling that people make up? If you're skeptical there, why believe an internet message board poster just because they claim something?

LuckyGreenEyes

[20]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 3
    i am