Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Ariel Dubois

shimmybinny

[1]May 24, 2010
    • level: 10

I might be wrong, but wasn't Ariel in the sixth grade when the series began?

If she was in the sixth grade when the show began, that would make her a Junior in the 6th season and a Senior next season (season 7), But she was a Senior this season? Did I miss something? was she in the 7th grade when the show began? or did she skip a grade? Now she will be off to college. I was just wondering... Anybody have insight?

Edited on 05/24/2010 9:56am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TudorRose

[2]May 26, 2010
    • level: 14

Maybe she skipped a grade for doing so well in school.

shimmybinny

[3]May 27, 2010
    I was thinking that... But I thought they would do a Prom episode with her, kind of like the "spring dance" episode they had in season 3. I would like to see her go to the Prom. She is beautiful and has gotten much more mature, since season 3. I thought if the show made it to season 7, that would be her senior year and a prom would be in the works, then I realized this season was her senior year, with no prom.
    The time threw me for a loop.

ice_ice_baby

[4]May 29, 2010
    • level: 2
    I think Sofia was a senior this year, so they probably decided to make Ariel a senior as well. So if Sofia goes to college next year in real life then Ariel would be gone at college.

Lady_Lancaster

[5]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 41

I think you're right about Ariel being in the 6th grade when the series began (from memory) and you're definitely right about Ariel being a senior in Season 6 so she, at least in theory, should be going off to college in the new season, of course, she might stay in the Phoenix area which would still enable the character to be in the show regularly.

shimmybinny

[6]Jun 7, 2010
    I think she will end up going to school in Pheonix area and be in season 7. It's weird how they jumped her up a grade.

Lady_Lancaster

[7]Jun 12, 2010

Sometimes writers make huge mistakes in shows and the continuity is terrible too. They either had her skip a grade and didn't tell us or they are hoping we didn't notice how many years she has been at high school. I haven't read anything about Sofia leaving the show or only being in it occasionally so I assume Ariel will go to college in Phoenix. Allison and Joe don't have a lot of money so if she goes to a local school that would make sense and still allow her to be a regular part of the cast.

shimmybinny

[8]Jun 16, 2010
    Yeah I hope she is a regular in the new season. I just watched th Season 3 episode, Ghost in the Machine and Joe clearly states she is in the 8th grade. Which would make her a Junior in the 6th season and a senior this (the 7th) season.
    I also think the creators, actors, writers and crew the show might get cancelled, so what better way to end a show then sending the eldest daughter off to college, but they should have taken into account, it might come back. Also there was no explanation about her mysteriously skipping a grade.

jakekakemaker

[9]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 1

Or they're gonna make a spin-off with Ariel at college maybe a sort of Veronica Mars with medium powers!!! hahah

Edited on 09/22/2010 3:22am

stui8

[10]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 30

she probabley skipped a grade i am currently watching season one and just watched the episode where she can see the answer even though it's not visible and it makes me think she probabley skipped a grade!

stui8

[11]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 30

i just finished watching season two. in season 1 she was 10-11. in season 2 she was 11 for a little bit but mostly 12. at the end of the seasons eh turned 13.

shimmybinny

[12]Jul 14, 2010
    I just watched season 5 and she was a Sophmore. Her mom was in a coma for 3 months, so it doesn't add up. I think the producers assumed this was the show's last season so they made her a senior. They should have stuck with continuity, even if it was the last season, what's so bad of making her a Junior? plus they could have saved the option of using Senior storylines for the next season (i.e. Prom, looking at colleges, etc...)

Lady_Lancaster

[13]Jul 31, 2010

She is supposed to be going to Dartmouth so if she goes there, I'm guessing she's not going to be in the show very much. Have to wait until the new season starts to find out I suppose. I know she is smart but I have never thought that she would be Dartmouth material.