Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Bridget's behavior- out of control?

RockSiren

[1]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    I am just wondering this- and yes, I was like many of you in the beginning- what an adorable and offbeat little girl!...who has since turned into a bratty tween... I feel that Allison and Joe seem to be way easier on her than on Ariel- I know there is different circumstances, but they seem to be so tired or something when it comes to Bridget that they let a lot of stuff "go"- like I am the youngest of three sisters, and whenever I took someone's clothes without asking, I had to give them back- not ask my sister to "pick out something else". Or like last time- you think almost getting sued because of your out-of-control daughter publically humiliated an innocent person would conjure up some sort of anger, a grounding, anything- but since it "worked out" for the poor man, everything is okay? Just a thought.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

II_Seraphim_II

[2]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 6
    I sort of agree. Bridgett annoys me most of the time she gets a substantial role in an episode. Ariel used to annoy me a bit, but since she got older, she seems to be getting more mature episodes. She is now more like a "mini-Alison" and her episodes are a lot better now. Marie is just so cute, that you it's impossible to hate on her And she is quiet most of the time, definitely the most well behaved young kid in the history of humanity...she is calmer and more amicable than even Alison and Joe! Bridget, on the other hand, is always doing annoying things to her sisters, or making Alison's and Joe's lives miserable. I'm sort of surprised because Ariel is the one who should be acting out, going to parties and what not...she is the prime age for the rebelious phase.

silvermoore

[3]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    I agree with you. The writers are making her character seem spoiled and bratty, which is annoying me, because I've always like Bridget. I hope they see the error of their ways!

Kuolo

[4]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 6
    Then again Bridget is the middle child. The oldest gets attention and the youngest gets attention, when you are in the middle you don't get that much of it, so one needs to get that attention by force. At least that is what I think. I have seen the two first seasons, only so she does not bug me, yet at least.

Kleinke

[5]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 12
    I would just be happy if the could stop Bridget (Bridgette?) from having to deliver these awkward jokes and supposedly "witty" or "zany" comments. They are cleary not the words of a kid of that age, she doesn't have the acting skills to convincingly deliver the line, so let her be a kid and stop trying to be funny, dear Medium writers.

Oh, and while you're at it: After so many seasons, even Allison must have realized that her dreams aren't always a 1:1 copy of future reality, so please stop her from pretending every time that they are.