Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Does Anyone Think bridgette is annoying?

Gamefan112

[1]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 7
    I'm just curious because my brother thinks Bridgette is annoying, and fat for that matter.. In fact, He calls her "the fat girl" or "the fat little girl." My mother also said a couple of times that she thinks she's annoying.  Well, I don't think Bridgette is fat or annoying. I mean, she's just a little girl. She's like what, 8 years old! What do you expect? Anyway, I'm just curious to know if anyone here thinks Bridgette is annoying.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

becky677

[2]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 17
    Yes I do. I know she may only be 8 years old but she acts younger than the youngest child on the show.

sistersun

[3]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 10
    Gamefan112 wrote:
    I'm just curious because my brother thinks Bridgette is annoying, and fat for that matter.. In fact, He calls her "the fat girl" or "the fat little girl." My mother also said a couple of times that she thinks she's annoying.  Well, I don't think Bridgette is fat or annoying. I mean, she's just a little girl. She's like what, 8 years old! What do you expect? Anyway, I'm just curious to know if anyone here thinks Bridgette is annoying.

Bridget is my favorite character, next to the marvelous Capt. Push! She is getting to be quite the little plumper, and as the middle sister, it's her birth right to be annoying—'cause sometimes you have to be annoying to get any attention at all! Somehow, in my mind, Bridget looks very much like her mother Allison might have looked in early childhood, so the plumpness really works for me.

Anyway, Bridget's the only one of the children who appears to have a sense of humor—and given who their parents are, I expect them all to have strongly developed streaks of the funny! I think this little actress does an excellent job of portraying the guileless, creative, sometimes painfully honest, psychic child of a psychic mom and younger sister to what may soon become the most beautiful girl in town (and older sister to a plate of Jello named Maria—shake her and she jiggles, but not much else is going on).

jxsilicon9

[4]Feb 21, 2007
    Fat kids are annoying.

CaraTee

[5]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 5

jxsilicon9 wrote:
    Fat kids are annoying.

Right...that makes lots of sense...
    Anyways, I don't think she's annoying. I think she's adorable. She may act a little immature for her age, but I find her very cute. I don't really understand how she's annoying. Maybe if she was your little sister or something, but I find her very entertaining.

hplover09

[6]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 8
    I've heard some people around say that she's not a good actress, but I don't agree. She's a kid, and acts like one on screen. I don't find it annoying at all; in fact, I consider her funny and look forward to seeing her on Medium!

Moonhowler15

[7]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 7
    I like Bridgette, but I find Ariel a little annoying actually.

ChaseCameron

[8]Feb 21, 2007
    I like Bridgette. She's my favorite child and I don't think she's that fat or annoying.

keikoy_seven

[9]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 16

I volunteer in a third grade classroom, and I think shes pretty much right on track as far as maturity goes, besides, how many people act their age when you are with your family? we never really see her outside of the family setting and shes almost always with her sisters, I don't know about anyone else but I know when I'm with my sisters we act like children all the time.

shes a cute kid, give her a break,  and judging an 8 year old on how much she weighs, thats terrible

VPeal

[10]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 6

I think Bridgette is very real.  It is refreshing that she is not a carbon copy of the way other kids have been portrayed on television series.  She has a unique look as well.  Having had a middle child, I can attest to the fact  that
    they demand their place in the family, but they don't necessarily want to go the cutsie conformist route. I hope she continues to evolve as she grows with the series.

VPeal

[11]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 6
    Don't count Maria out, she can see extended cable tv channels no one else can! Sorry I can't remember the episode, but it underscored how they allow a lot of individuality in that family.

svuiskool

[12]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 19
    keikoy_seven wrote:

I volunteer in a third grade classroom, and I think shes pretty much right on track as far as maturity goes, besides, how many people act their age when you are with your family? we never really see her outside of the family setting and shes almost always with her sisters, I don't know about anyone else but I know when I'm with my sisters we act like children all the time.

shes a cute kid, give her a break,  and judging an 8 year old on how much she weighs, thats terrible

I agree. I don't really think we should be judging an 8 yr old on how much they wiegh. But I think that Bridgette is funny!

goober58

[13]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    "Does Anyone Think bridgette is annoying?" ... I do, I do! There's an annoying saccharine preciousness about the acting. I want to shake the little actress everytime she gets into that pouty, high-pitched, exaggerated mode. "Stop it! We get it! Quit with the Little Orphan Annie School of Acting!" If it weren't for the continuity of the storyline, I'd mute my tv everytime Bridget comes on.

Siouxie_666

[14]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    I must say that this girl is really great
    The little one is just to cute and to young to really show some personality.
    The older sister is just like in this i´m getting big stuff. Flirting with boys, make up aso.

Bdrigette is the only one with character and charisma.
    She is like an ordinary smalltown girl. Funny, yes surly sometimes annoying but in a way all kids at this age are.
    I have a son who is the same age, and boy he can be really annoying sometime

But thats the great thing about this show, those people there seem so real. With ordinary problems, ups and down like we all have them. Thats what makes them so lovable, cause we can identify us with them.
    And also that she is not so slim, as nearly all children on television are. Thats great, because if you look around you will surly see more children with a little bit too many pounds on their ribs. So it is also great for other children at home to see that televsion world does not only show perfect people.
    So goBridgette go
    stay as you are!!
    Edited on 02/23/2007 8:41am

clabrazil

[15]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 11
    Yes!!! Bridgette is verry annoying.... Not anly annoying, but she looks like a boy, who looks like an ugly girl, who looks like an ugly boy..... she always have a messi hair, and she dosen't dress lika a proper girl... I'm not sayng she should be a girlie girl, like Ariel (she can be annoying too), but at least dressand look like a normal girl...

svuiskool

[16]Feb 23, 2007
    clabrazil wrote:
    Yes!!! Bridgette is verry annoying.... Not anly annoying, but she looks like a boy, who looks like an ugly girl, who looks like an ugly boy..... she always have a messi hair, and she dosen't dress lika a proper girl... I'm not sayng she should be a girlie girl, like Ariel (she can be annoying too), but at least dressand look like a normal girl...

She's on TV. They tell her what to wear.

derbone

[17]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 8
    I find the girl who plays bridget very intelligent and witty..but she'll run the course of many children who are successful child actors/actresses: when they are 20, the cute little fat girl act has worn off and so has their success...next thing is alcohol and drug addiction..I'm really sorry for her already. remember drew barrymore? luckily, she was strong enough to end her addiction and get back into the entertainment industry.

Mamfa

[18]Feb 25, 2007
    shes 8 so forgive her for acting like a kid, though sometimes she acts more mature i mean she dreamt of murder monkeys and she handled it quite well, and the 'fat' is prob puppy fat, its aweful that people can judge when shes just a kid, she got growing spurts etc etc, and i find her really funny, Medum can be a dark show what with the murder an' all so bridgette and joe are a light relief.

smartmouth65

[19]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 3
    I think she's great, and always funny. She has good timing too, and delivers her lines well.

svuiskool

[20]Feb 25, 2007
    derbone wrote:
    I find the girl who plays bridget very intelligent and witty..but she'll run the course of many children who are successful child actors/actresses: when they are 20, the cute little fat girl act has worn off and so has their success...next thing is alcohol and drug addiction..I'm really sorry for her already. remember drew barrymore? luckily, she was strong enough to end her addiction and get back into the entertainment industry.

Yea. I kinda feel bad for her as well. Poor kid. Hope she has enough sense to know that DRUGS AND ALCOHOL ARE NOT THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let that be a lesson to all you kids out there!!!!!