Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Does Anyone Think bridgette is annoying?

svuiskool

[41]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 19
    Gamefan112 wrote:
    svuiskool wrote:
    Gamefan112 wrote:

fruhlemariposa wrote:
    Bridgette is my favourite character!  She is absolutely hilarious.  She is also a real child, with her own character that is not afraid of being different.  Ariel is the popular-I-want-to-fit-in child, which is, in my opinion, not being true to yourself.  Regarding Bridgette not dressing like a girl and looking like a boy, I don't think so.  Why do we have 'boy' and 'girl' clothes?  They are children!  Just let them dress comfortably!!

Um, I don't think Bridgette dresses like a boy, but the reason why boy and girl clothes exist is because boys are boys and girls are girls. They're 2 different sexes. If boys dressed like girls or girls dressed like boys, it wouldn't look good.

Are you stereotyping girls and boys? Girls have to wear dresses, and aren't allowed to wear pants or anything?? I never knew that there was any such thing as "Boy and Girl Clothes"! I'm a girl. And I'll tell ya now, I HATE dresses and skirts. I love jeans. I like just plain shirts, none of that show-all-ya-skin stuff. And does it really MATTER what somebody is wearing?? I really don't think it matters how somebody dresses! Does it matter if she wears "Boy Clothes"?

I'm not stereotyping anything, I'm just saying that there are boy and girl clothes for a reason. If certain girls don't want to wear dresses, fine, whatever, but what if boys started to wear dresses? How would that look? Unless if the boy is a cross dresser otr a drag queen, I really  don't think it would be approiate but hey, maybe it's only me. Also, if boys started to wear dresses, it is very likely that they would be teased. I know we're talking about Bridgette, a girl, dressing like a boy, but that's what I meant when I said that boys should wear boy clothes and girls should wear girl clothes. Now, like I said, if certain girls don't want to wear dresses, fine, but I don't think that it would look good if boys did. Anyway, I don't even think that Bridgette dresses like a boy in the first place. Didn't you read that part? Oh well, whatever.

I never said that you brought it up! and neither did fruhlemariposa. YOU quick-quoted them, saying that YOU didn't think that Brigette dresses like a boy, but then you said why there was boy and girl clothing.

And fair enough with the whole Boys would look wierd wearing dresses thing. But I still don't think that its fair to get angry at the actor because she doesn't dress herself.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gamefan112

[42]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    svuiskool wrote:
    Gamefan112 wrote:
    svuiskool wrote:
    Gamefan112 wrote:

fruhlemariposa wrote:
    Bridgette is my favourite character!  She is absolutely hilarious.  She is also a real child, with her own character that is not afraid of being different.  Ariel is the popular-I-want-to-fit-in child, which is, in my opinion, not being true to yourself.  Regarding Bridgette not dressing like a girl and looking like a boy, I don't think so.  Why do we have 'boy' and 'girl' clothes?  They are children!  Just let them dress comfortably!!

Um, I don't think Bridgette dresses like a boy, but the reason why boy and girl clothes exist is because boys are boys and girls are girls. They're 2 different sexes. If boys dressed like girls or girls dressed like boys, it wouldn't look good.

Are you stereotyping girls and boys? Girls have to wear dresses, and aren't allowed to wear pants or anything?? I never knew that there was any such thing as "Boy and Girl Clothes"! I'm a girl. And I'll tell ya now, I HATE dresses and skirts. I love jeans. I like just plain shirts, none of that show-all-ya-skin stuff. And does it really MATTER what somebody is wearing?? I really don't think it matters how somebody dresses! Does it matter if she wears "Boy Clothes"?

I'm not stereotyping anything, I'm just saying that there are boy and girl clothes for a reason. If certain girls don't want to wear dresses, fine, whatever, but what if boys started to wear dresses? How would that look? Unless if the boy is a cross dresser otr a drag queen, I really  don't think it would be approiate but hey, maybe it's only me. Also, if boys started to wear dresses, it is very likely that they would be teased. I know we're talking about Bridgette, a girl, dressing like a boy, but that's what I meant when I said that boys should wear boy clothes and girls should wear girl clothes. Now, like I said, if certain girls don't want to wear dresses, fine, but I don't think that it would look good if boys did. Anyway, I don't even think that Bridgette dresses like a boy in the first place. Didn't you read that part? Oh well, whatever.

I never said that you brought it up! and neither did fruhlemariposa. YOU quick-quoted them, saying that YOU didn't think that Brigette dresses like a boy, but then you said why there was boy and girl clothing. And fair enough with the whole Boys would look wierd wearing dresses thing. But I still don't think that its fair to get angry at the actor because she doesn't dress herself.

I'm not getting angry at anyone. I've just tried to explain my opinion about the boy girl atire. If girls want to wear pants instead of dresses fine, but I think that's as far as it should go.

Edited on 03/17/2007 12:21am

svuiskool

[43]Mar 17, 2007
    Gamefan112 wrote:
    svuiskool wrote:
    Gamefan112 wrote:
    svuiskool wrote:
    Gamefan112 wrote:

fruhlemariposa wrote:

I never said that you brought it up! and neither did fruhlemariposa. YOU quick-quoted them, saying that YOU didn't think that Brigette dresses like a boy, but then you said why there was boy and girl clothing. And fair enough with the whole Boys would look wierd wearing dresses thing. But I still don't think that its fair to get angry at the actor because she doesn't dress herself.

I'm not getting angry at anyone. I've just tried to explain my opinion about the boy girl atire. If girls want to wear pants instead of dresses fine, but I think that's as far as it should go.

Ok. I'm going to calm down, and I'm just going to say this: I do not agree with you on some things, but that is your opinion on the matter. My opinion is that people should be able to choose and wear whatever tehy want, without people judging them. Ok. That is my opnion. I'm going to leave it at that. Ok? Ok.

Gamefan112

[44]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 7
    svuiskool wrote:
    Gamefan112 wrote:
    svuiskool wrote:
    Gamefan112 wrote:
    svuiskool wrote:
    Gamefan112 wrote:

fruhlemariposa wrote:

Ok. I'm going to calm down, and I'm just going to say this: I do not agree with you on some things, but that is your opinion on the matter. My opinion is that people should be able to choose and wear whatever tehy want, without people judging them. Ok. That is my opnion. I'm going to leave it at that. Ok? Ok.

Ok, fair enough.

Kleinke

[45]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 12
    Are you for real? That kid isn't FAT, she's maybe slightly chubby. In a cute way.

And annoying... no. If there's one kid in the family I could happily do without, it's the little one. But it's ok the way they are, so I don't waste much time thinking about it.

DarkBride

[46]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 16

Shame on anyone who doesn't like her because she's chubby. She's just a little girl! And no, I dont think she's annoying, my fiancee and I love her. She cracks us up! She very much an individual and a breath of fresh air in the world of everyone has to be perfect, even TV kids. I love her and wouldn't change a thing about her!

svuiskool

[47]Mar 27, 2007
    DarkBride wrote:

Shame on anyone who doesn't like her because she's chubby. She's just a little girl! And no, I dont think she's annoying, my fiancee and I love her. She cracks us up! She very much an individual and a breath of fresh air in the world of everyone has to be perfect, even TV kids. I love her and wouldn't change a thing about her!

I totally agree!

speedy-Y-jive-O

[48]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 9
    I think one of the real strengths of the show is how natural/ normal the family are in the Medium. I really like Bridgette and don't think she is particularly annoying at all. She also does a nice line in comic relief in many episodes.

JKLove

[49]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    I agree with SMARTMOUTH65, Bridget Is funny and her timing is great, and delivers her lines very well. Some experienced actors don't do that as well as her, and she is only 8 years old.

silent_medium

[50]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 14
    she is 8 yrs old. i hadn't even started acting at that age! i started when i was closer to ten so i have a lot of respect for maria lark. i think that is her name anyways. Bridgette gives so much to medium. she is so normal! usually the kids on tv are nothing like what you would find in real life but Bridgette is the exact opposite. she is hilarious. sometimes she may come off as annoying, but that is how little kids usually are! lol! but hey, it works for me.

Pitchounne

[51]Apr 3, 2007
    • level: 6

Oh bridgette !  

The first season I really couldn't stand her ! She was so annoying ! But I don't know why she started to become interesting and funny while Ariel started to be really tiresome. I don't know maybe that's just how kids are in real life sometimes cute and sometimes not ! As far as her looks are concerned, I think it's okay, and don't worry generally the extrapounds a kid has, go away with puberty.

But my favorite Dubois kid is little Marie she is the CUTEST !

blackula19

[52]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 3
    jfcboac! this poor kid, she's a successful actor, obviously some people like her and she's talented and we're all going to turn her into the next tracey gold before she even hits puberty....i 100 percent guarantee that she is better than everyone who is knocking her on this site and we totally need to kill this thread

jxsilicon9

[53]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 10
    I agree that fat little girl is annoying. I call her pigface.

Julsus

[54]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 35
    She's just a kid mate, don't call her "pig face"!

alibeth25

[55]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 26
    svuiskool wrote:
    DarkBride wrote:

I totally agree!

I also agree.

wayoutcontrol

[56]May 3, 2007
    • level: 13
    I love Bridge I think she is very smart for her age not annoying at all, I think she is going to grow up to be very intelligent and vegan.

KCDaily

[57]May 3, 2007
    • level: 6
    I can see why people would think her asking all the questions is annoying, but for me personally and for my mom we love her. She brings humor to the Dubois' famiy.

--RPozo--

[58]May 5, 2007
    • level: 23
    Yeah, she's annoying! and the little one is starting to be annoying too!!! LOL!

charmedmatzzie

[59]May 8, 2007
    • level: 3

Whaaat? Annoying?

Nonono!
    She's awesome!! I like her very much =)
    I think she is great, smart and witty... I wouldn't want to miss her on the show!
    Besides, the real girl is supposed to have been just like that, too, so, why leave it out? Smart-ass kids are wonderful =)
    Hehe well thats my opinion.. Love you Bridge!

xx,
    Mathilde.

helliepat

[60]May 19, 2007
    • level: 5

NOW I KNOW I'M GOING MAD....COMING ACROSS THIS FORUM - ENTIRELY DEDICATED SOLELY TO HOW "FAT" AND "ANNOYING" A CHILD IS??! 

Can any of you actually hear or read what you are saying and writing?

Calling a little girl "annoying" and "fat"?

Are you serious??!!??

She is a child, being given lines to say by people who write a script - Does anyone even actually know the real little girl behind the "annoying" character she plays? (yes she's playing a CHARACTER!!!!!!) This is NOT who she is in real life, and as for calling her fat - will all the beautiful, thin, perfect people who are writing this in this forum please stand up and take a bow, because even though you may think you and your perfect children are not, and nor will you ever be, annoying - well I'm here to tell you  that I'm sure that there are many people in this world who can't stand you, your screaming children and your "Holier than thou" attitude towards others.

As for being fat - who are you kidding?????!!!!!!????? She's just a little girl for crying out loud!!!!Every one has "puppy fat" as they grow up - the operative words there being 'whilst growing up'.

How would you feel if you came across all these sites on the Internet which called your child fat and annoying?  (especially with comments from people who have never even met your child!!!!!)

But wait, let me guess, your child never had any puppy fat and was always perfect and never got on your nerves..........It is people like you who when insulting innocent children now, never think of the consequences of their writings/sayings/actions, which may then lead to self-esteem issues when said child/children are older. How do you think she feels when she reads these appalling things, that people with nothing better to do than insult children, have written about her? Isn't there enough hatred in this world already without adding to it the hatred of one's self??

Grow up, get a life and take a good hard look in the mirror (at your "perfect" reflection. "perfect" children and "perfect" life) before judging others - ESPECIALLY innocent CHILDREN of which whom you don't even know anything about, except through watching a CHARACTER on a once-weekly television show!!

Regardless of how "annoying" her character may seem to you - before you post anymore "comments" o this forum about this subject, just remember, the "annoying" person of which you are speaking of is just a child.......perhaps close to or even the same age as one of yours??

SHAME ON YOU..................