Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Double episodes?

Edward_Nigma

[1]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 54

I've been wondering how Medium was gonna end its season on June 1st (as recently announced by NBC) since there are supposed to be 19 episodes. Thefutoncritic seems to think that double episodes will air on May 4th and 11th...which makes sense I guess because from what I can tell, Heroes is ending on April 27th. But it's weird that Heroes is using up all its new episodes in April, so it's finale is the only episode that'll run during the May sweep period. Great news for Medium though, I hope it does well if it indeed does air twice those two nights!

Edited on 03/23/2009 8:30pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zinniagirl

[2]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 1
    I'm confused...last week 3/16, part 1 of a two part episode aired. Joe was waiting to find out if the company had worldwide rights. His partner came into the office from a date, drunk and on the make. Allison dreamed it at the beginning of the episode and went down to the office. At the end of the episode the scene was repeated and "To Be continued" popped up on screen. This week (tonight) there was no Part 2 and nothing in the previous episode was referred to. In fact Joe is now in a great big office instead of the little room he shared with his partner. And she was no where in sight. What gives with thie series??? Zinniagirl.

poulters

[3]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 18
    wasn't last week Apocalypse...Now? (5-6) but I do remember what you are saying I just can't remember what episode that was. It is kind of strange how he went from alone to working office.

shimmybinny

[4]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 10
    Edward_Nigma wrote:

But it's weird that Heroes is using up all its new episodes in April, so it's finale is the only episode that'll run during the May sweep period. Great news for Medium though, I hope it does well if it indeed does air twice those two nights!

If it does indeed run twice during those 2 nights, do you think they will be new episodes? It kind of seems "Scrunched" together. Season 2 and 3 both had 22 episodes. seasons 1 and 4 had 16 episodes. I wish this season had 22. Hopefully they will bring it back. This show is amazing and last nights episode was great. I love when they bring back old guest stars (agent cooper kind of reminded me of Dr. Walker)
    Edited on 03/24/2009 8:20am

TesserT

[5]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 77
    zinniagirl wrote:
    I'm confused...last week 3/16, part 1 of a two part episode aired. Joe was waiting to find out if the company had worldwide rights. His partner came into the office from a date, drunk and on the make. Allison dreamed it at the beginning of the episode and went down to the office. At the end of the episode the scene was repeated and "To Be continued" popped up on screen. This week (tonight) there was no Part 2 and nothing in the previous episode was referred to. In fact Joe is now in a great big office instead of the little room he shared with his partner. And she was no where in sight. What gives with thie series??? Zinniagirl.
    The episode shown on 3/16 was a repeat from Season 4 Episode 14 Car Trouble (it first aired on 4/28/2008 ). Last new episode was Season 5 Episode 6 Apocalypse...Now? which aired on 3/9/2009.

Edward_Nigma

[6]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 54
    Yeah shimmybinny, they've gotta be new episodes, since there are 19 total and if the show's supposed to end on June 1st, there wouldn't be room to fit all 19 otherwise. And yeah, that is too scrunched! At least last year they started us off earlier in the year instead of waiting so long.

pisceandreams

[7]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 40
    I think all episodes airing between now and June 1st will be new ones. Even with the doubling-up of episodes, there's no time to air any re-runs before the season finale.