CBS (ended 2011)

I miss Ghost Whisperer...

joshuaajones74

[1]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 3

I cannot believe that GW got canceled for Medium for a few simple reasons:

1 - GW had better ratings than Medium,

2 - GW obviously had a better-looking lead, and

3 - at least in GW, Melinda understood her gift and how to use it.

Every week, Allison acts as if she has never seen a ghost and never had a premonition dream. She never acts on the obvious signs in the dreams she has and, when she does act, she always gets it wrong. On this weeks episode, she even states "I guess, sometimes, I get it wrong." Really!?! I say sometimes she gets it right. Grandpa shows up to Ariel and she's like, "Hi Grandpa, I have the gift and have known about it for years" but Allison... ugh! She even knows all of her daughters have her gift and she always acts as if they are crazy when one of them share a dream with her.

All I am saying is this - It's been 6 years. You have a gift. Use it and stop acting like an idiot.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

neokid0298

[2]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 8
    Ghost Whisperer had horrible plotlines.

They had no overarching plot for two seasons.

They dropped their only good plot (The man with the hat) and just wandered aimlessly, until season 4, where they had the most inane plot ever because the actor wanted to get back on the show

agent_0042

[3]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 66
    Your frustration is understandable. It's what I call The Allison Problem, but I'm hoping, really hoping, that it's gone now.

I only ever watched one episode of Ghost Whisperer and didn't care about it, so I can't speak to neokid's points. Medium was always more likely to be renewed-- it is made by CBS.

jack756

[4]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 14

i understand what ur saying but i like medium alot more (b/c even do allison do have thise stupied moments like she never seen a ghost or had a visson)

medium is very satble unlike gw(i am starting to hate joe b/c he keep doubting her after all this years he is becoming very unlike able)

i love gw but im kinda happy it kinda got cancel b/c gw plotlines were becoming very unstable(it was becoming like charmed and that would be bad b/c charmed went totally downhill after season 4)the writers will write a great plotline for gw and drop it next season or week.

so i like medium better than gwbut i understand what ur trying to say.i jus think it was gw time

kennyljs

[6]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 26
    You know, Allison after years of knowing she has a gift, not only the 6 years that we have seen her using it, as we know from her flash back, she had the gift just like Melinda when she was young. Just that, I think Allison to a certain extent doesn't want it (although we know she would be better off having such a gift), while Melinda has accepted her gift and thinks it is her mission in life or something like that.

The MAIN problem with Allison is that she has POOR interpreting skills and SLOW to act. Just like some politicians. And what is with her "Just a bad dream." thing every time she wakes up having one of those dream? She knows she dreams about it, yet keeps on denying it will happen until it really happens and she realized it. Hence the part "SLOW TO ACT". A few times, she could have prevented it or at least minimized the situation had she took quick action on it. Melinda on the other hand, jumps on the bandwagon whenever a ghost appears and asked for help.

neokid0298

[7]Nov 7, 2010
    Or how she wakes Joe up EVERY SINGLE TIME she has a dream

Get a damn notepad and write down the dream, go back to sleep

agent_0042

[8]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 66
    I think Joe's waking up is more symptomatic of her either making some sort of noise or movement each time she wakes up from a dream, not because she purposely wakes him up.

zedtaker

[9]Nov 12, 2010
    • level: 14
    i miss GW too, shame on cbs, medium is now cancelled and they cancelled GW,the best show on the firday for no reeason. GW would have still had decent ratings and now they have neither shows!!!

Lady_Lancaster

[10]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 41

I never enjoyed Ghost Whisperer but I do like Jennifer Love Hewitt. Medium has been on thin ice for a long time now, constantly in the bubble of 'will it/won't it' be axed. I blame the timeslot for a lot of the problem. In my part of the world it screens on a Thursday which is much beter than a Friday night. Ghost Whisperer was on Monday nights.

ChzTVStarr16

[11]Nov 24, 2010
    I miss Ghost Whisperer too, and I was sad to have found out it was canceled considering I fell in love with it the summer AFTER it was canceled. But that's not going to me bash Medium, because I loved Medium first. I fell in love with Medium during its first season. Thus, I'll miss Medium more because it's been apart of my life for much longer than Ghost Whisper was.