TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Maybe I'm wrong

chaosrainz

[1]May 6, 2008
    • level: 17

But up until the last couple of weeks, hadn't they gone more to the whole dream scenario of her solving crimes and less talking to the dead?

I don't typically watch reruns on TV so I haven't been seeing these in syndication and I don't own the dvds yet, but in the first season at least, wasn't there more of Allison talking with or seeing the dead?

Now it seems like she never "sees" anything unless it's a dream.

Maybe I've just forgotten but it just hit me last night when Allison was talking with Teddy that it seemed like there use to be much more interaction with the dead before this last season or two.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edward_Nigma

[2]May 9, 2008
    • level: 54
    Yeah you're right, I've been thinking about that too. She definitely talked to dead people more often in the past, and just recently she's had more talks with them than she has been lately.

chaosrainz

[3]May 13, 2008
    • level: 17
    And I think she would even to go the locations (murder sites, etc) and "see" things.
    Now it seems like it's almost only dreams.

I wonder why the change?

Edward_Nigma

[4]May 14, 2008
    • level: 54
    No idea. You'd think if anything they'd do the opposite, since wouldn't it be cheaper that way? If she just saw dead people, they wouldn't need to create whole new dream scenes...they'd just have to hire an actor to insert into the already-existing scenes to talk to Allison.

star_kdt

[5]May 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    I'm hoping that next season she'll resume talking to dead people more frequently.

Shawerma

[6]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    I was also thinking, what happened to her fear of hospitals? I watched seasons 1-4 in a short space of time, but the first time she went to a hospital she had music playing in her ear to distract her and the scene showed all these "souls" reaching out to her, but after that episode every time she goes to the hospital it's normal for her. Just a thought! I always hate when they say something about a character and do not follow through

phaatje

[7]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 4

She talked to Edward Cooper (Kurtwood Smith) in the episode ´Partners in Crime OK that´s maybe a long time ago, but i think that that´s better.

Isn´t always kinda been that way in medium. I mean if she always talked to the dead then they could just say: he/she did it and the case would be solved. That's just way to easy (Personally i love the way that at the beginning you always get to see a dream that makes absolutely no sense, and so later on you get to see it al come together) So then we kinda get the feeling of what Allison is going through. Anyway I think that they should just keep in more focused on the dreams (with from time to time speaking to the dead) Otherwise for me it would look to much like Ghost Whisperer, and that's a show I do not like

everydayheros

[8]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 13
    chaosrainz wrote:
    And I think she would even to go the locations (murder sites, etc) and "see" things.
    Now it seems like it's almost only dreams.

I wonder why the change?

Maybe because the DA got fired and she had to stay out of sight until Devolus came back?

paryah

[9]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    phaatje wrote:

She talked to Edward Cooper (Kurtwood Smith) in the episode ´Partners in Crime OK that´s maybe a long time ago, but i think that that´s better.

Isn´t always kinda been that way in medium. I mean if she always talked to the dead then they could just say: he/she did it and the case would be solved. That's just way to easy (Personally i love the way that at the beginning you always get to see a dream that makes absolutely no sense, and so later on you get to see it al come together) So then we kinda get the feeling of what Allison is going through. Anyway I think that they should just keep in more focused on the dreams (with from time to time speaking to the dead) Otherwise for me it would look to much like Ghost Whisperer, and that's a show I do not like

I disagree with the fact that if she could always talk to ghosts all the crimes would be easy to fix. (By the way, Ghost Whisperer always seems like a much lighter knock off of Medium.) From what I remember about Allison talking to ghosts is that it wasn't always easy. People didn't always know who killed them or they forgot or they were in denial and forget about reliable ghosts. Some ghosts, just like people have got vendettas. Even beyond that like Scanllon says, they just can't lock up people based on Allison's testimony. I like the dreams but I also liked her conversing with the ghosts. I remember one particular time she was having particular difficulty with one and she just threw him the dirtiest look. I love it! It brings a lot more heart and human condition to the show.

and Shawerma has a valuable point about the lack of consistency with the show and Allison in hospitals. I mean they could have at least changed her fear about the psychic, emotional stimuli in the place. Nothing.