TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Medium gives NBC a boost in the ratings

mediumfanatic

[1]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 4

Found this great article in the LA Times about how Medium has fared in the ratings this season. Here's a few highlights.

Since it's return, Medium has averaged 8.5 Million viewers per episode, attracted 45% more viewers than the previous two shows in that time slot (My Own Worst Enemy and Momma's Boys), and is the network's sixth most watched scripted show of the season. Not bad for "the little show that could" as Patricia Arquette calls it.

Other highlights- Glenn Gordon Caron more or less confirms what we've always suspected, that the show gets no love from NBC because it's produced by rival CBS. He states that "Every so often, I'll howl and go, "Hey, could you throw a couple ads our way?" and they'll go, "Sure, sure, sure" because they want the show to succeed. Do they have other shows that they want to succeed more? I suspect that that's true."

Angela Bromstad, NBC's president of primetime programming, says that it's not so, and says "We love Medium. We wish we owned Medium.", and also adds that "Medium could easily move to a 9 pm slot, and is definitely in contention to return next year."

Here's the link to the source article.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-ca-medium22-2009feb22,0,7246982.story

Edited on 02/21/2009 11:39pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edward_Nigma

[2]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 54
    Interesting article thanks, but don't you think it would fit so nicely into the "Ratings" thread we have?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.