Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Medium NOT renewed for 6th season by NBC -- moving to CBS?

mediumfanatic

[1]May 3, 2009
    • level: 4

Looks like Medium will be sticking around at NBC for at least one more season. Multiple sources are now reporting that NBC has renewed Medium for a sixth seasn, as had been expected. The episode order is expected to be in the 13-18 range, which is what it was this year at the beginning.

I really hope this is true. If it is, this is the best news I've heard all day!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i06056b3e43453484cbfe96651cb4560a

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/03/christmas-in-may-reports-nbc-will-renew-chuck-medium-and-law-order-announcement-monday/17905

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/nbc-renews-chuck-medium-law-order/

Edited on 05/19/2009 1:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SeerMagicX

[2]May 4, 2009
    • level: 16
    now all I need to hear is chuck has been renewed from NBC

TesserT

[3]May 4, 2009
    • level: 75
    Ausiello Files: NBC unveils fall schedule

NBC unveiled its fall lineup this morning, but conspicuously missing was any mention of bubble shows Chuck, Law & Order, Medium, Life, or My Name is Earl. According to a Peacock insider, a final ruling on the fate of all five shows will come on May 19. (Medium and Law & Order are both expected back; insiders say NBC execs are just finalizing the episode counts.)

Latest from Kristin

Also on the sunny side of the street, the Hollywood Reporter reports that Medium will eventually get an order for 13 to 18 new episodes. Our guess is Medium (if it is truly renewed), would launch again in the winter and run through May sweeps. It seems like perhaps they're running it on more of a cable-series model? Short run, big impact.
    Edited on 05/04/2009 9:55am

shimmybinny

[4]May 4, 2009
    • level: 10
    That is amazing news. I hope it's true and I hope we get to see it for another season. Medium is awesome and it has consistantly brought in good ratings.

Edward_Nigma

[5]May 4, 2009
    • level: 54
    Yeah what the heck, it depends on where you look. NBC officially didn't include it in their announcement though...geez NBC, way to continue snubbing Medium!

agent_0042

[6]May 4, 2009
    • level: 66
    Not really unexpected that they would renew it, I mean, given the ratings that it gets, they'd be dumb not to. In any case, ya'ay! This means that we'll make it to the 100 episode milestone.

shimmybinny

[7]May 4, 2009
    I recently watched NBC news and they gave a line-up of shows that will be renewed, amongst them are Heroes, Friday Night Lights and the Biggest Loser. They said Medium and Chuck are still up in the there, and we wouldn't get a definite answer until the 21st of this month. I hope Medium comes back. I think it will due to it's steady ratings and fanbase.
    Edited on 05/04/2009 6:24pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mediumfanatic

[8]May 5, 2009
    • level: 4
    Medium will be back. It's just a matter of them agreeing on the number of episodes. According to the latest from Nikki Finke, NBC reportedly wants in the neighborhood of 13-18 episodes, but Patricia Arquette's contract guarantees 22 episodes, so they're trying to negotiate it down with CBS. Word is it's definitely been renewed for 13 episodes. NBC is just playing games with the advertisers.

shimmybinny

[9]May 5, 2009
    Well in my opinion Medium deserves 22 episodes. Season's 2 and 3 had 22 episodes. In any case I hope it's more than 13 episodes.

shimmybinny

[10]May 7, 2009
    Program Renewal Chance LAW AND ORDER 95% CHUCK 95% MEDIUM 95% MY NAME IS EARL 25% KATH & KIM 1% KINGS 0% KNIGHT RIDER 0% we wont know until the 19th but chances look good!

grah1956

[11]May 9, 2009
    • level: 2
    Now, that is good news, this is one of the best shows around. I live in the UK, so i get my Medium via the "Net". Its a great show, and anyone who is thinking about starting to watch medium,let me tell you,go ahead "watch it" its a great show

Edward_Nigma

[12]May 18, 2009

Ugh, what is this?!

If it opts to lose comedy "The New Adventures of Old Christine" to ABC, CBS may gain another veteran series from a competitor, NBC's drama "Medium." CBS has been mulling a play for "Medium" as the show's renewal talks with NBC had stalled. ... the switch would come after NBC and the producer couldn't agree on the license fee and the size of the order, insisting on a partial pickup.

full article at THR

What?! Umm I really doubt CBS would pick it up...but if they did I'd guess Medium would be a 9pm Friday show, airing out of Ghost Whisperer. At least CBS would promote it though since it's their show! Medium better end up somewhere!

Edited on 05/18/2009 12:13pm

agent_0042

[13]May 18, 2009
    Edward, you're right. I don't think we're out of danger yet. I've seen in both USA Today and at least one other source that it's possible NBC might not renew it.

alimokrane

[14]May 19, 2009
    OH Nooooooo! NBC schedule released and Medium ISNT on the schedule
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/19/nbc-2009-2010-schedule/19031#comment-90989

:'(

shimmybinny

[15]May 19, 2009
    This is crazy! I can't believe it, Medium is such an awesome show and it constantly did well! I hope that CBS will pick it up!

agent_0042

[16]May 19, 2009
    I just saw the news linked over from Television Without Pity and I don't believe it. Seriously!? NBC, have you gone insane?! Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, NBC is dead to us. I'm canceling my recording of the Leno finale and with Medium's cancellation, I no longer have anything I watch on there. Here's hoping CBS picks it up.

Somebody should edit the thread title...

Edit-- seriously, NBC is junk. Heroes is in the dumper, they've canceled Medium, no more 1 vs. 100 and now they're putting on Leno five nights a week, sucking a way time that could be going to creative, innovative, interesting programming. I am done with them.
    Edited on 05/19/2009 10:04am

shimmybinny

[17]May 19, 2009
    NBC Sucks! Bottom Line...
    I am hoping CBS will pick up this amazing show!!! Hopefully they are smarter than NBC!

Edward_Nigma

[18]May 19, 2009

Ugh, laaaaame! What the crap NBC?! When midseason comes and one of your shows tanks and gets canceled in like 2 episodes, you'll be sorry you let Medium, a solid performer, go!

I mean, I know Leno stole 5 hours of your schedule, and half of your shows now have shorter (13-episode I assume) seasons...but still Medium is something I think is a solid enough performer to hold back just in case. Oh well...let's hope tomorrow it's on CBS's schedule on Fridays at 9 -- Flashpoint (that time period's current occupant) came midseason anyways, so at the least Medium could sneak in for half the year, as it's done for a few years now.

Edited on 05/19/2009 2:00pm

SeerMagicX

[19]May 19, 2009
    • level: 16
    I really want medium to come back, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about it moving to another network. Because that rarely happens.

pisceandreams

[20]May 19, 2009
    • level: 40

Well, I'm completely speechless. NBC has put the nail in its own coffin for me. I'm officially done with the network as most everything else they air is rubbish.

I *really* hope CBS will pick up the show, since they've had interest in it for quite some time. I'll be sad if this is the end...