Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Medium NOT renewed for 6th season by NBC -- moving to CBS?

agent_0042

[21]May 19, 2009
    • level: 66
    Yes, Seer, but the face of television is changing. A lot of things have happened lately that I wouldn't have thought possible before-- for example, The Mole coming back when everyone thought it was dead. And even stuff that I thought was canceled in the animated shows department-- like Dragon Tales and Franklin-- those were off-grid for years and then suddenly they came back, so who knows what could happen?

From a pure ratings standpoint, I suppose it probably doesn't make sense for CBS to renew Medium. But CBS owns the DVD / other rights and if there is another season, then it gets the program to that "100 episode" magic number that's good for syndication. So there are things working in our favor.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JasperGhost

[22]May 20, 2009
    • level: 1

The characters on Medium have the best chemisty of any family on tv that I have seen in a long time. The people in charge of whether or not a show is canceled really should talk to the actual people that watch it, not to some number on a screen. If you go by that and they are canceling Medium due to 8.8 rating then they should cancel Desperate Housewives it has the same rating.

agent_0042

[23]May 20, 2009
    • level: 66
    Ratings weren't necessarily the main reason it was canceled, though.

Edward_Nigma wrote:
    If it opts to lose comedy "The New Adventures of Old Christine" to ABC, CBS may gain another veteran series from a competitor, NBC's drama "Medium." CBS has been mulling a play for "Medium" as the show's renewal talks with NBC had stalled. ... the switch would come after NBC and the producer couldn't agree on the license fee and the size of the order, insisting on a partial pickup.

TesserT

[24]May 20, 2009
    • level: 81
    CBS Announces 2009-2010 Schedule (via CBS' Twitter Feed)

This link was posted in a new thread but I figure if the '?" is removed from this thread then it should be here. Medium is now on CBS at 9pms on Fridays.

Competition will be: ABC Ugly Betty, NBC Southland & FOX Dollhouse.

Upfronts 2009 B&C

Medium is alive... on CBS. The network picked up the show, which NBC announced it would not be renewing yesterday. Medium is produced by CBS Television Studios.
    Edited on 05/20/2009 7:21am
    Edited 3 total times.