Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 4x14 "Car Trouble"

harihudson

[1]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 15

I thought this was a good episode; I always enjoy the interaction between Allison and Joe. I'm glad they had some romance time and that he thanked her for coming down to the office. Yeah, her reason was jealousy(? and distrust?) and she didn't tell him the truth - a setup for more tension concerning the partner in the future.

I was so tense when she was sitting in the garage! I thought the guy was going to show up any minute. When she was shouting for help as the door was going down, I was thinking "just look for the opener on the wall - doesn't every garage have those?". But I think she was actually dreaming.

I thought the intro was good - a little different.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

journey_65

[2]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 10
    Great episode! Like a ticking bomb....
    Taped it but missed the last minute or so...
    What happened in the end after Lee calls Allison and tells her that the husband is dead?....

fireflies_uk

[3]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 2

journey_65 wrote:
    Great episode! Like a ticking bomb....
    Taped it but missed the last minute or so...
    What happened in the end after Lee calls Allison and tells her that the husband is dead?....

It ends with the start of the scene with Megan and Joe that Allison dreamt. When she comes into his office and talks about best laid plans. So we're left to wonder what happens next!

eclecticvewer

[4]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 11
    I liked the episode, but I think Medium writers could've come up with something a little more original than Herbie-fying Allison's new car.

miaj34

[5]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    I just finished watching Car Trouble. Do you guys think he will cheat on Allison? Especially since when you read the bio about the premise of the show. Its supposed to be based on the real Allison's life during her first marriage.

wayoutcontrol

[6]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    I so agree about the garage part! So tense I thought I was going to jump, like a horror movie, on the edge of my sit! But I wa thinking my goodnesss that is so stupid, you don't just drive in someones garage!

chaosrainz

[7]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 17
    miaj34 wrote:
    I just finished watching Car Trouble. Do you guys think he will cheat on Allison? Especially since when you read the bio about the premise of the show. Its supposed to be based on the real Allison's life during her first marriage.

Is she divorced?
    I know her husband's name IRL last I heard was Joe.

harihudson

[8]Apr 29, 2008
    miaj34 wrote:
    Do you guys think he will cheat on Allison?
    I'm a big Joe fan, so I don't think so. I don't trust his partner (Kelly Preston) motivations...did Joe have a lawyer review the partnership contract? I'm don't know how close the show follows the real Allison's life, but I hope it doesn't follow that close (divorce). I'm not naive - which of us doesn't know someone who has cheated or divorced or both? I just don't think it will make a good plot - the family is the show's constant. Allison's distrust and Joe's anger can produce enough tension for future story lines w/out any contact between Joe and anyone else.

SVU_number_1fan

[9]Apr 29, 2008
    chaosrainz wrote:
    miaj34 wrote:

Is she divorced?
    I know her husband's name IRL last I heard was Joe.
    wow great epsiode maire and bridge r so cute thats a boty story!! yea and that gun thing was so scary yea and do u think joe will cheat on alsion???

eclecticvewer

[10]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 11
    Originally I thought the whole Megan story was going to be about her trying to get Joe to cheat, but then a bunch of other people were like "no! she's just going to take advantage of him financially!" Now I think it's a little bit of both. Maybe she's coming on to him so strong so she can wheedle more power from him on the project. Or she'll make him cheat, then use that as blackmail to get more power. Because she really doesn't seem like the type of woman who has to resort to affairs to get a boyfriend or sex...but that's just my thinking. Then there are the woman who just go for that sort of thing.

SVU_number_1fan

[11]Apr 30, 2008
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Originally I thought the whole Megan story was going to be about her trying to get Joe to cheat, but then a bunch of other people were like "no! she's just going to take advantage of him financially!" Now I think it's a little bit of both. Maybe she's coming on to him so strong so she can wheedle more power from him on the project. Or she'll make him cheat, then use that as blackmail to get more power. Because she really doesn't seem like the type of woman who has to resort to affairs to get a boyfriend or sex...but that's just my thinking. Then there are the woman who just go for that sort of thing.
    yea she looks very munplitive to that kind of stuff i think that if joe chates she will blackmail him into giving have the company or something liek that

Amfibius13

[12]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 1

I love this episode! It's well written and suspenseful, and kept me engaged throughout the show.

I enjoyed the documentary style of the opening and closing narrations too.

BTW, did anyone find it more than a coincidence that while the show title is "Car Trouble", the husband's name is "Carmer", which could also very well be a play on the word "Karma"?

If anything, this episode is very "karma" driven... pun intended...

Edited on 04/30/2008 1:10am

fireflies_uk

[13]Apr 30, 2008
    I don't think Joe will cheat but not sure how he can continue to work with her after she tries it on. Unless they brush it aside due to her being a bit drunk

journey_65

[14]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    Thanks!

SVU_number_1fan

[15]Apr 30, 2008
    fireflies_uk wrote:
    I don't think Joe will cheat but not sure how he can continue to work with her after she tries it on. Unless they brush it aside due to her being a bit drunk
    i no yea can u say AKWARD!!!!!

harihudson

[16]Apr 30, 2008
    Amfibius13 wrote:

BTW, did anyone find it more than a coincidence that while the show title is "Car Trouble", the husband's name is "Carmer", which could also very well be a play on the word "Karma"?

If anything, this episode is very "karma" driven... pun intended...

Ahhhhh, I didn't notice that. Good catch - I like when there are some levels to the story. From the few minutes the wife has screen time, the impression I got was that this lady would definitely return to seek revenge on/haunt her husband. I also realized that there were 2 "wife killing" story lines in a row. However, the "judgment" in this case was much swifter.

Angeluskamps

[17]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 14

fireflies_uk wrote:
    Summary for next episode:

Allison has dreams that help Scanlon in his search to find out who killed a wealthy local drug dealer. Allison and Scanlon are dumbfounded when Allison's dreams lead them to a severely impaired man with a bullet stuck in his brain. Meanwhile, Joe's partnership with Meghan Doyle is put in jeopardy.

sfviewer

[18]May 1, 2008
    • level: 27
    i really wish that the writers didn't turn joe into a cheater, i really love joe. i want him to remain a good husband.

fireflies_uk

[19]May 2, 2008
    sfviewer wrote:
    i really wish that the writers didn't turn joe into a cheater, i really love joe. i want him to remain a good husband.

He hasn't cheated yet!

TesserT

[20]May 2, 2008
    • level: 78
    Angeluskamps wrote:

fireflies_uk wrote:
    Summary for next episode:

Allison has dreams that help Scanlon in his search to find out who killed a wealthy local drug dealer. Allison and Scanlon are dumbfounded when Allison's dreams lead them to a severely impaired man with a bullet stuck in his brain. Meanwhile, Joe's partnership with Meghan Doyle is put in jeopardy.

TV Guide's summary: Allison dreams about a charming hit man while hubby Joe tries not to act on his very real attraction to sexy venture capitalist Meghan Doyle.