Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 4x16 "Drowned World"

agent_0042

[1]May 12, 2008
    • level: 66
    Since we don't seem to have one.

Here's to happy endings. That was definitely the most satisfying episode of Medium in a while. Reasonably interesting case and nice wrap to everything that's happened this season. And the ending scene was just cute.

And that's a wrap on the season -- but no worries. Medium will be coming back to us, as it's already been renewed, for those that didn't know by now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

harihudson

[2]May 12, 2008
    • level: 15

I totally did not expect the conniving of Joe's partner! I thought it was all about her being flaky - I under estimated her.

I also liked that the ep. opened w/ Joe dreaming. I know the tax lawyer's wife wanted revenge on her father, but come on, to marry your half brother and killing yourself to do so? That was too extreme.

I'm glad there wasn't a cliff hanger and both Joe and Allison's career and professional lives went out on an up note.

eclecticvewer

[3]May 13, 2008
    • level: 11
    It DID seem to wrap everything up in a nice pretty package. Allison and Joe are financially set, the murder plot is wrapped up, Devalos is back in office (*squee*!). Makes me think that they made it when they were still on the fence if they were getting another season, and didn't bother to tweak anything once they got it. But it was probably too late by then I guess. Although, one cliff hanger I thought they would've been able to thrown in was whether Devalos or Van Dyke would win the election...

Though I was disappointed that the kids weren't in it more, I gotta agree, the end scene was just too cute.

Anyway, while there wasn't a cliff hanger, I'm very looking forward to next season. Who knows what'll happen now that writers have a basically clean slate to work off of.

chaosrainz

[4]May 13, 2008
    • level: 17
    I hate season ending cliffhangers so I was really pleased with the episode.
    Everything is all well and good in the Dubois household going into the fall.
    *happy dance!

pgsuperfan

[5]May 13, 2008
    • level: 25
    Liked the way it ended Allisson back in the DA's office Manny back as the DA and Joe working again all is right with the world again

SVU_number_1fan

[6]May 14, 2008
    chaosrainz wrote:
    I hate season ending cliffhangers so I was really pleased with the episode.
    Everything is all well and good in the Dubois household going into the fall.
    *happy dance!
    yea yea great eppy but megan think that she was playing joe but who was playin who and whos is rich!!! yea eya and ali and devlous back on track yea yea!!!

cushtxlady

[7]May 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    eclecticvewer-They said Van Dyke as cancer and is dropping out of the race due to his declining health. Devalos will be running unopposed fot the office so that means he will win.

star_kdt

[8]May 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    So did I miss something, or did it not say who had put the "white noise" machine above the bedroom? I was confused about that. I didn't get the impression that the husband did it, but the Dad... well that would be cruel.

star_kdt

[9]May 15, 2008
    So did I miss something, or did it not say who had put the "white noise" machine above the bedroom? I was confused about that. I didn't get the impression that the husband did it, but the Dad... well that would be cruel.

cushtxlady

[10]May 15, 2008
    • level: 3

I think she put it there herself in an attempt to frame her brother/husband for her murder. She wanted it to look like he did it to torment her. At least that is how I interrupted it.

SamaraDubois

[11]May 16, 2008
    I didn't like the sugary-sweet ending. It wasn't that realistic. They couldn't even have ONE lingering problem? I want Devalos to have to fight for the D.A. position.

P.S. Is this the episode where Sue Simmons said "What the f---- are you doin'?" in the NBC news commercial?

drink409

[12]May 16, 2008
    • level: 8
    I am glad to hear it is being renewed, after seeing the happy ending for a season finale I was worried they were going to can the show.

AtelierGal

[13]May 16, 2008

Kelly Preston's character really turned out to be a b-i-t-c-h
    At least the tables were slightly turned on her, though I had hope the writers would shown her character knew about Joe getting offered a job with better prospects.

All in all, the show ended well with Joe getting a better job, Addison and the rest back in the DA office.

SVU_number_1fan

[14]May 16, 2008
    AtelierGal wrote:

At least the tables were slightly turned on her, though I had hope the writers would shown her character knew about Joe getting offered a job with better prospects.

All in all, the show ended well with Joe getting a better job, Addison and the rest back in the DA office.

omg no spit she was a total bee-otch 4sure yea i thinkt hat she thinks that she shindudled joe but looks whos playin who

AtelierGal

[15]May 17, 2008
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    AtelierGal wrote:

omg no spit she was a total bee-otch 4sure yea i thinkt hat she thinks that she shindudled joe but looks whos playin who

Joe didn't play her, though.
    At least it shows that good people always get the last laugh

leishman161

[16]May 18, 2008
    • level: 16
    Thought it was a great ending to season 4. It did feel like it was written with an uncertainty as to whether it was coming back or not. Works out as a bonus because i also hate having to wait for months with a cliffhanger and were getting Season 5!

PMcOuntry

[17]May 18, 2008
    • level: 7

I liked the ending for the most part, but I think they rushed the whole D.A. thing, I thought that would be the cliffhanger this year.

I had my suspicions about his "business partner" being up to something, she was way too good to be true and the way she was coming on to him... didn't buy it.

The case was a little loose, they never really tied that up. I'm assuming that because her father left her with her psycho mom, she grew up, found her half-brother, seduced him (gross), married him (double gross) and then framed him for her murder to punish her father? Uh... not one of their best ideas for an episode.

SVU_number_1fan

[18]May 18, 2008
    AtelierGal wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    AtelierGal wrote:

Joe didn't play her, though.
    At least it shows that good people always get the last laugh
    yea thats true 4sure u go joe!!

lisagraham

[19]May 21, 2008
    • level: 30

I thought it was odd to have no cliff hanger... everything was wrapped up so pretty it could have been a series finale...

But at same time it's nice to see things looking up for Allison and Joe for a change

star_kdt

[20]May 26, 2008
    I really liked the way that everything was wrapped up. It'll be interesting to see how next season is approached, with "all right in the world", Davalos back in DA's office etc. I'm guessing that she'll work there again, but may do "contracting". Also, I am hoping that next season leads to more development of Ariel's character. For a few episodes, it looked like that was the direction that it was taking, but it got dropped.